GS invasion of Cornwall UK / long weekend trip 12-14 June 2009

Started by SkiMad, February 19, 2009, 01:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkiMad

Hi folks.

At the start of June I'll be back in the UK to get my GS500F out of winter storage in London.  However before taking the bike back out to the Alps, I am planning a fairly laid back shakedown trip to Cornwall. Hopefully the weather in mid June should be a whole lot warmer than it is now!

The plan is to travel down and stay with friends (Derek and Stephanie) who run a pub with B&B and a basic camping site.  Its a fantastic location, close to Lands End (the most westerly point in mainland Britain) and the Lizard (the most southerly), with great scenery and some top biking roads all around. Their pub has a website http://www.thenorthinnpendeen.co.uk/

Derek is a keen biker and is very happy if any other bikers want to come down for the weekend.  He has even offered to lead a tour around some of the best local roads/scenery on the Saturday and depending on when people need to leave, another run out can be arranged on the Sunday.

To get the best out of the weekend I plan to travel down on Friday 12th leaving London around Midday to get there in daylight sometime between 5 and 6 pm - (its a 300 mile/5 hour ride from London) and will be travelling back on the 14th.

If anyone else is interested in joining me on this trip PM me and I'll give you more details. However their B&B cost is just £30 per person/night which includes a really FULL English breakfast. They also have a no frills campsite right next door to the pub with all facilities, the campsite overlooks the sea and is just £4 per person/night - so hardly an expensive weekend.

So how about it UK members any of you folks fancy making it a GS invasion of Cornwall this June?

SkiMad

Quick update on this.  So far looks like seven people on 5 bikes  :thumb:.  Accommodation in the main Pub is now full.  However last night there were a few rooms left in the pub a short walk down the road (PM me for details) and plenty of space in the camp site.

Oh I forgot to mention in my original post that the pub has won several awards for its real ale from the local CAMRA group.  :cheers:

Derek has devised a very senic ride along the coast for Saturday   :icon_twisted: and depending on progress and the tides we may even get out to St Michael's Mount http://www.stmichaelsmount.co.uk/ .

Spuzzle

2004 Suzuki GS500F - Current Bike =)
2010 Yamaha YZF-R125 - Stolen =(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk