News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Legend of Seamax

Started by cbrfxr67, June 13, 2019, 09:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrfxr67

Inspection closed.  WTH.  There's another one close to home but prob too many people there later.   :2guns:

Tagged some dude's mirror splitting this morning.  oops  Kind of felt bad but I guess it happens.  He kept going and didn't pull over anyways,....  my bad

laterz,............
Went to ride home at lunch and sputtering and spitting....stalled out about 4 times.  Ended up pushing it half mile to gas station when genius here realized 'maybe' I needed some gas.  Filled up and roared home,...
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

cbrfxr67

Put the colortune on it last night and it looked ok,....nice blue

Plugs looked decent.  I wish it had more a@@ off the line.  It's great when you get rolling but right off the line it's kind of so so,...
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

cbrfxr67

Try again this morning and got inspection done,...  Tomorrow fun at the dmv for plates. :hithead:

running pretty good,...crank the throttle and is a fookin blassst! 

My neighbor texted me after I blew through there that it was sounding nice.
-buddha

cbrfxr67

Finally got my plate & registration.  Had a meanazz broad my first go around couple weeks ago that sent me home saying that I needed more information filled out.

Went back, unsure of what I needed to fill in on a line and different lady told me not to even worry about that; gave me my Texas plate with a smile.  Why do some of those broads down there at dmv make it such a pita :dunno_black:

Ah well, legal and running pretty good.  Picture challenge time :hithead:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just got in to work this morning and the more I ride it the more I love it,...when it gets going it really gets going :woohoo:
-buddha

ShowBizWolf

That is soooooo fantastic!!! I do enjoy seeing this bike get a new start :kiss3:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

cbrfxr67

having fun w picture challenge,...

Thanks Show.  It's great fun and that exhaust makes it sound beastly.  At throttle it roars.  I'm not crazy about loud exhausts but I kinda like it. haha  I did get a couple of replacement cans to quiet it down and now not so sure I want to. :dunno_black:
-buddha

mr72

that's awesome. I hate manual tire changing. If I had space I'd get one of those. Maybe when I get ready to do the tire change-o-rama I'll ride down to Houston with some Devil's Backbone in tow and talk you into letting me use your cool tools.

cbrfxr67

Should have at least taken a pic to update eh,...

ANyways, been out and about, riding to work, enjoying the cold,....  Went over to mom's this past weekend and aside from a pos subaru, a crapped out camry and turd impala wanting to race on the Beltway, things went a ok.  Except my idle keeps going up.  I thought I had it dialed in pretty well and things were good but I rode about 40 miles one day to my buddy's pizza business and my idle seemed high.  Turned it down and all's well.  So, back to mom's this past weekend and idle is up again. :dunno_black:

I'm thinking I have a leak somewhere.  I haven't looked yet but any .02ยข tips appreciated :whisper:
-buddha

The Buddha

Intake vacuum leak will sound raspy and sorta like the engine noises are getting out ... cos they are.
Idle rpm plug pull looks white ???
WD40 test ?
You could also have an exhaust leak, which wont shoe on a wd40 test, but well ... You may just be a hair lean if those don't all show nothing out of the ordinary.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

gruntle

Had similar, always worth doublechecking cable routing and wd40 in cables if nothing else makes sense, has worked for me, good luck squire, all the best - grunts.  :dunno_black:

cbrfxr67

Playing picture game on another forum,....sacrilege!  I know,..haha

Was your bike with something that flies,...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
-buddha

cbrfxr67

Usually I cut through the grass to my parking spot next to the front door at work.  Today, genius decides to try and stay on the sidewalk like I do when I ride my little bike.  Managed to fall over, break my clutch lever and bar end.  Felt like an idiot. Bar end did its job though and kept fairings from touching the cement,...
-buddha

ShowBizWolf

Oh no!!!! I hate moments like that  :icon_sad:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

cbrfxr67

Yea show,.... went home at lunch and got another lever, came back to work and put it on.  On the way home at 5, my peg felt weird and the place where the rearset bolts on was bent also.  Booooo.  Last night bfh and then welded some 1/2 spacers on to make it right.  Ran a tap through the holes, hit it with some satin all in one primer/paint then put all back together and,....
-buddha

ShowBizWolf

Yaaaaassssss :thumb: All good !!!!

cbrfxr67

Thanks show.  You're so inspiring :icon_mrgreen:

Heard some rattling and turned out my 'custom' kat fender cracked.  I ignored it for about a week and a 40 mile ride made it obvious it needed attention.  Took it off to find,...

cracked pretty good

tire rubbing on it on the bumps

Did some plastic welding after hot staples.

quick shot of satin black.  This paint is great cause it's easy to fix any spots and not have to blend it in or worry about it too much.

Put on some new levers to replace my broken/mismatched pair

:hithead:
almost to 10000!
-buddha

ShowBizWolf

Woot toot!!! Great fix. Rattles like that get on my last nerve smh

cbrfxr67

got me this morning,.... :hithead:

Seamax had used some large zipties to suspend the battery and I copied that with the new battery.  I guess bumping around slowly wore through one of the ties as this morning, it cut out on me. 

Was one of those great moments too, you know when you're sailing through lights, picking all the right spots to get through traffic and then,..lose power, bike shuts off.  I coasted to parking lot, wisps of smoke coming up from tail cowl. 

Popped the top to find the red sizzling on the frame, melting the battery terminal like jello in the sun.  Grabbed it and got it off the frame, secured it and started pushing.  Whoooooo a mile pushing a gs500 is no joke! 

Got it here to work and stowed in the back of the warehouse.  Need battery, new wire/terminal and hopefully nothing else got fried, but we'll find out.
-buddha

cbrfxr67

Brought another battery to work and it fired up ok.  Going to make a battery box and do a new terminal end since the wire is stiff.  I think it'll be all good. 8)
-buddha

ShowBizWolf

Sounds like a good plan!!! Can't wait to see what you make. Love that bike!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk