News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

You all should be proud

Started by dennisgb, January 25, 2015, 07:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennisgb

You all should be proud how you treat new posters to your Forum

I've been on the internet since the mid 1990's and belong to many Forums from small engines to motorcycles and have never found a forum that treated me as badly as this one.

I have multiple websites that I administer.

I have a build thread for my CBR build that has over 500 posts and 40,000 follows.

Never have I been treated like I was treated on this forum. You all should be proud.

The information here is also very poor. There are forum member's who do not have a clue what they are talking about trying to give advice to other's.

It's not funny or cute to treat people with nasty, rude and arrogant comments.

Forum's like this are to share ideas, not stifle other's.

Your forum is full of trolls who get their thrills treating people like crap.

Needed to get that off my chest...because this is the worst forum on the web...hands down.
2009 Suzuki GS500F
2007 Honda 919 Hornet
2004 Honda Shadow Aero Trike
1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 800
1975 Norton Commando 850 MKIII
1987 Honda Hurricane CBR600 RR Conversion
1988 Honda Hurricane CBR600 Black Red
1988 Honda Hurricane CBR600 White Red
1988 Honda Hurricane CBR600 Blue

GS500Schultz

idk i've seen worse forums...

And so far I've had no issues on this board. I am a newer member but I'm also thick skinned.

I deal with a lot of idiots and squids in the Chicagoland area. So this "nasty" behavior you speak of i tend to brush off.

having said that, there are some new members here who shouldn't even be around a motorcycle. People that clearly make wild claims about a bikes getting 100MPG and going 150MPH!!

Yes the internet is full of trolls...but on the other hand you need to remember

You don't own a project bike..
The Project bike owns you!

Dr.McNinja

Quote from: GS500Schultz on January 25, 2015, 08:19:32 PM

And so far I've had no issues on this board. I am a newer member but I'm also thick skinned.

I deal with a lot of idiots and squids in the Chicagoland area. So this "nasty" behavior you speak of i tend to brush off.

having said that, there are some new members here who shouldn't even be around a motorcycle. People that clearly make wild claims about a bikes getting 100MPG and going 150MPH!!

I'm pretty sure this is what inspired this post.

GS500Schultz

Quote from: Dr.McNinja on January 25, 2015, 08:21:41 PM
Quote from: GS500Schultz on January 25, 2015, 08:19:32 PM

I'm pretty sure this is what inspired this post.

You're probably right, but I'm a fan of doing research before posting wild claims....

And for people who know about motorcycles reading that original post about a motorcycle getting 100MPG and doing 150MPH was almost like reading "Tanks have wings and are made of jelly".

Sorry if that's what inspired this rant post. How ever do some research, read, decipher data, and be smart about what you post. Don't just randomly blurt out things that will give trolls or smartasses (such as my self) ammo to use against you.
You don't own a project bike..
The Project bike owns you!

floatingLomas

Quote from: GS500Schultz on January 25, 2015, 08:34:27 PM
Tanks have wings and are made of jelly.

Mine's steel and has no wings. :(  Do you have the OEM part number for the flying jelly one?
I know a little bit about a lot of things - usually just enough to be dangerous.

My 93 GS500E

J_Walker

worse forum on the internet???? :icon_question: :icon_question: :icon_question:

have you ever been to 4-never mind....  :2guns: :cheers:
-Walker

sledge

Wahayy......Dennis is back and surprize surprize he has brought his ego with him  :thumb:

After reading his post it looks like he has a new buddy too......."hypocrisy"

You carry on elevating yourself to that position of superiority you desperately seek Den............we can manage just fine without you  :thumb:

Now get back to that CBR thread quick, someone might be wanting to kiss your ass and tell you how clever you are and we all know you don't liket to miss the opportunity to talk about yourself  :thumb:

BTW.....How is the stalking going? Sussed anyone else out on here lately?

Alan_nc

Except for the BMW and a couple of British bike forums I'd say this is one of the best on the Internet.  Plenty of good technical information available.  Some good discussion on motorcycle topics.  Personal topics are allowed and encouraged.  This is probably the most diverse motorcycle group on the net as you have quite a few first time riders and a few of us old codgers who enjoy the simplicity of the GS.

Yes there are a couple of idiots who post wild claims and information that just isn't true....but hey....it's the Internet....BUYER BEWARE.   As a monitor on another motorcycle forum and a GS owner I enjoy visiting the site.  A big thanks to the folks who take the time to keep the site up and running.

Janx101

Worst = least Ass kissers ?? ...

Dennis, I remember reading your posts/threads.... but not the content.... mainly the tone.

We already have our resident know it all's. .. and they tend to fit in generally with existing gs500 knowledge as we have it. ..

Even Mr Sledge here... who is not exactly my bff!! .. but he seems to keep his info within the realms of 'usual/normal' ... not come stomping in expecting to be hailed as the second coming and prepared to look down upon the mere mortals with raised eyebrow. ...

(Well maybe he does a bit but we KNOW him)

What I know from forums over many years is that however much a person might know about stuff. .. when they join a new forum then for a time they are a noob on that forum!  ... noobs do not ingratiate themselves by demanding kudos!

I do hope there is no gluteal bruising from the doorknob!?

Once again... because I am a cynical and suspicious bastard. .. I suspect another mask here! ... 2 PITA noobs both come along in close timeframe? ... hmmm. .. someone has brought friends along to the clubhouse!

PantheraLeo

I disagree with the OP.

I was a complete noob when I joined this forum.  I've asked stupid questions and mis-quoted vets here on occasion.  I've been corrected gently and been helped by people who have made my riding experience much better.  I'm in the process of buying either an FZ-07 or an FZ-09, but I plan on keeping my GS and staying on this forum because its been a positive experience.

I won't attack you for your perception, Dennis.  Sorry you feel that way, I found your posts to be informative.  In my opinion, your writing style has contributed to your issues with others here and has hindered your ability to pass your considerable knowledge to others. 

Roaring via Tapatalk.

Katana 600 rear shock, 0.85 Sonic Springs
Shortened Signal Stalks
Fenderectomy
Fairing Repair/repaint
Yoshimura

ace50

Quote from: dennisgb on January 25, 2015, 07:59:03 PM
You all should be proud how you treat new posters to your Forum

I've been on the internet since the mid 1990's and belong to many Forums from small engines to motorcycles and have never found a forum that treated me as badly as this one.

Never have I been treated like I was treated on this forum. You all should be proud.

The information here is also very poor. There are forum member's who do not have a clue what they are talking about trying to give advice to other's.

It's not funny or cute to treat people with nasty, rude and arrogant comments.

Needed to get that off my chest...because this is the worst forum on the web...hands down.

While I have to agree with that statement, I'd have to add, this is a forum for a 'beginner bike's'. Just not sure why people don't move on. I can jump on any one of 3 of my bikes and I never want to jump on the GS. I just have it around for my daughter.
As for the worse forum..........come on........there has to be far worse out there. It's the internet!!!

eco.usa

Wait a minute!!  I worked on the Paraves motorcycle team X-PRIZE competition for MPG in 2010.  That streamlined L-ION powered E-TRACER motorcycle got the equivalent of 190 MPG @ 45 MPH and goes 150 MPH.  It won 2.5 million dollars for tops in it's class (Tandem).  Zero to sixty in less than 4 seconds too.

So while 150 MPG and MPH seems out there, it is being done!!  And then some.  I have pictures but can't find them now.

dennisgb

Quote from: sledge on January 25, 2015, 11:04:39 PM
Wahayy......Dennis is back and surprize surprize he has brought his ego with him  :thumb:

After reading his post it looks like he has a new buddy too......."hypocrisy"

You carry on elevating yourself to that position of superiority you desperately seek Den............we can manage just fine without you  :thumb:

Now get back to that CBR thread quick, someone might be wanting to kiss your ass and tell you how clever you are and we all know you don't liket to miss the opportunity to talk about yourself  :thumb:

BTW.....How is the stalking going? Sussed anyone else out on here lately?

The pot calling the kettle black?

You don't need anyone to kiss your ass because you learned how to kiss your own ass a long time ago.

Aren't there any administrator's on this forum?
2009 Suzuki GS500F
2007 Honda 919 Hornet
2004 Honda Shadow Aero Trike
1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 800
1975 Norton Commando 850 MKIII
1987 Honda Hurricane CBR600 RR Conversion
1988 Honda Hurricane CBR600 Black Red
1988 Honda Hurricane CBR600 White Red
1988 Honda Hurricane CBR600 Blue

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk