News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

"Company Cell Phones" question

Started by Revere2, August 19, 2008, 06:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revere2

As some of you know, I've been in the electronics business for over 30 years but I am not "hip" on some of the new cell phone features (and computer stuff).
I know that in a business environment when programming PBXs or CBXs one can give let's say a "supervisor"  silent monitoring COS (class of service) over let's say a "call group", whether that be a hunt group or a pick group BUT...........this is "on site" with a localized "switch". My question to y'all is this. Do you know if a business that "buys" a "block" of numbers for cell usage from "a vendor" for employees being able to invoke "silent monitoring" feature on the cell phones given to employees. Any input is appreciated and if you have someone in the business that can give you an answer, I'd surely be thankful...............
They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here? -Paul Harvey Quote

Cal Price

The (very big) company I worked for prior to my "retirement" had a land-line exchange and system some years back, like a lot of other firms that allowed silent monitoring (and still does) and also "executive intrusion" where it was possible to break ibto a call, this required the call to be monitored first.
As cell phones came along they were issued and were seperate from the companys land-line system. Later as things got more sophisticated, around the millenium, it became possible to give a cell one of the companys land-line numbers as well as it's origional cell number which everyone stopped using as you simply called the office number and got the cell. When going out you simply took your cell and the office came with you. This was not a "call-diversion" system but a genuine shift of the number. Everything that was possible on the land-line system then became possible on the cell.
I don't know how helpful this is but I think the answer is probably "yes and no" but erring towards yes. I've been out of that company nearly three years now and technology won't have stagnated or moved backwards.
Shades of 1984 and Big-Brother huh?  :cry: :o
Black Beemer  - F800ST.
In Cricket the testicular guard, or Box, was introduced in 1874. The helmet was introduced in 1974. Is there a message??

yamahonkawazuki

same ol stuff different location Eh?
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Kasumi

Same as i was thinking. People are letting themselves live in fear. Live your life how you want, if your boss has a problem he will bring it up with you.

Dont live in fear, same to the members of the thread about computer monitoring. If people have a problem they will let you know its not the end of the world.
Custom Kawasaki ZXR 400

bettingpython

"Silent monitoring mode" on a cellphone requires a software patch to be installed on your phone. So if they gave you the phone then yes it's possible.
Why didn't you just go the whole way and buy me a f@#king Kawasaki you bastards.

Revere2

Thanks for all the replies and advice!
They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here? -Paul Harvey Quote

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk