News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

New Member, Brisbane, Australia

Started by Carlos1340, March 17, 2019, 08:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos1340

Gday guys and gals,
Thought I better introduce myself before I start picking brains etc!

Had my GS500f from new, it's one of the last models (compliance date Feb 2013), use it ride to and from work, 75klm round trip, some city riding and some dual carriageway. It's just ticked over 48,000 kms and going strong! Only stuff I've done, is a Givi top box, bubble screen and a 130db airhorn for the myopic cage drivers of Brisbane!

Just looking at your mods, and seeing if there's anything I can do to keep it running great,

Cheers

Carl

peteGS

Hey Carl, another Brissie boy 'ey? Nice!

I like your horn mod, I've often thought I should change out the stock meep horn on mine but not done so yet.

Where in Brissie are you? If you ever see my old 450 about feel free to day g'day... she's not as purdy as she was when this photo was taken and some minor changes like the tail light and a top box, but still the same beast.

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Carlos1340

peteGS

Ah ok... I'm the other direction in Keperra  :thumb: Work in the Valley for another week and a bit before we move office in to the city.

I always like seeing other GS' out and about of any variety.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

MichaelM3

Hi Carl,

Welcome. A 2013 model - nice.

How do you keep a GS500 running happily - oil changes and use.
In this forum you'll read a lots of "I've got a problem..." posts that start with, "The bike has been unused for weeks / months / years".

All the best from south of the border.

Michael M

Carlos1340

Oil and filter change every 6000km without fail. Used daily, and just hit 48,000ks. Had the shims checked at 40,000, and were within spec, but was told to check each service from 50,000...

Isaac678

Zeltoid

Hey man! Brissy boy! I'm in Kelvin Grove. Are you in any group rides around the joint?
Just a pilgrim passin' through...

Ledian

Hi there!👍🏻 Fairly new here myself. I have a 2006 GS500f. Love it.

Sent from my ALP-L09 using Tapatalk

peteGS

Couple more Brissie people? Awesome!

I haven't seen or participated in any group rides with this forum yet but if anyone wants to catch up for one then I'll likely tag along  :thumb:

My normal rides are out with my mates on Katanas but the 450 could do with some leg stretching outside of the commute.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Ledian

A mate and I go up Mount Glorious and across Mount Nebo most weekends and we'd be happy to have more gs riders along. We also do pretty regular mount Tamborine rides and head down through beachmont.

Zeltoid

I'd be keen to get in on that action @Ledian @peteGS (does @ tag work on this forum?). I go out that way^ pretty regularly as well. Let's link up some time  :D
Just a pilgrim passin' through...

Ledian

Yeah that would be cool. I'll talk to my mate and see when we'll both be able to go and I'll let you know.

peteGS

Good stuff! Keep us up to date, might be a struggle before Christmas for me though. Blown my budget this pay and have the Katana folks' Christmas ride on Saturday the 14th.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

user11235813

@Ledian,

Yep, it's another Brisvegas denizen here. Went out for an early ride yesterday and got well baked, in every sense of the word.

I'm always up for a ride is there's any going on. I'm up in Scarborough so the Hinterland is where I usually can be located.

thatshitcray

What's up Brisbros. I've just moved here and bought a 2013 gs500. First bike and am looking for people and/or places to ride. I've heard of Mt Tamborine but haven't been yet, anymore suggestions?

peteGS

Depending where you are the common areas around me are Mt Nebo/Mt Glorious and Mt Mee. They can get a little busy with tourists, bikes, and  :police: so most definitely take it easy on your first visits there ;)

If you head further north there's a heap of great roads in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland as well  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk