News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Who has 1999 in West Seattle?

Started by adidasguy, May 25, 2012, 02:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adidasguy

Just spotted it a second time in West Seattle. A sweet looking black & yellow 1999 bike. Lost it at a stop light at California & Alaska.

Are you on the board here?

Anyone know who is the bikes owner?

yamahonkawazuki

get ahold of pandy. and have her drop you a few gstwin stickers. ( even though i no longer ride, ive got 3 of them. if i see one of hte local gs' parked, either i wait for its owner to appear or leaving sticker on its backing ( not applied to bike) i lay it on seat for them. kinda akin to leaving a note saying. check this place out
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

iclrag

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on June 14, 2012, 12:51:20 AM
get ahold of pandy. and have her drop you a few gstwin stickers. ( even though i no longer ride, ive got 3 of them. if i see one of hte local gs' parked, either i wait for its owner to appear or leaving sticker on its backing ( not applied to bike) i lay it on seat for them. kinda akin to leaving a note saying. check this place out
I would totally apply it like under the seat or some wierd place so they find it next time they are wrenching and go hmmm, when did i do that? i should check that place out!

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: iclrag on July 11, 2012, 02:15:02 PM
I would totally apply it like under the seat or some wierd place so they find it next time they are wrenching and go hmmm, when did i do that? i should check that place out!
bad idea. dont touch another mans or womans bike. unless invited to do so. a sticker with backing still in place is acceptible. ive always put them between tank and seat. or on dash if not windy. along wiht a note saying  " i know its bad biker etiquette to touch another mans bike. w/o permission. but i noticd your gs500 and wanted to introduce you to a HUGE group of lie minded flks at this site.  ( fits on a post it note) got a few to join this way
".
A proud Mormon

iclrag

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on July 14, 2012, 10:42:36 PM
Quote from: iclrag on July 11, 2012, 02:15:02 PM
bad idea. dont touch another mans or womans bike. unless invited to do so. a sticker with backing still in place is acceptible. ive always put them between tank and seat. or on dash if not windy. along wiht a note saying  " i know its bad biker etiquette to touch another mans bike. w/o permission. but i noticd your gs500 and wanted to introduce you to a HUGE group of lie minded flks at this site.  ( fits on a post it note) got a few to join this way
I was just joking :D I would do something like that to a friend of mine, but not a stranger

adidasguy

I saw it again parked at a soccer field. That location is in line with the 3 other sightings.
I didn't have time to stop.
I will start going by that field after gym workouts and I am sure I will see it again and leave a calling card on it.

Maurice

just bought a sweet 99 yellow and black from a fellow in Tacoma.  He might have been cruisin your neighborhood.

fuel line cracked on me which I replaced, but otherwise, having fun with it.

adidasguy

five hundo

Quote from: adidasguy on May 25, 2012, 02:43:36 PM
Just spotted it a second time in West Seattle. A sweet looking black & yellow 1999 bike. Lost it at a stop light at California & Alaska.

Are you on the board here?

Anyone know who is the bikes owner?

I'm pretty sure that was me.  I bought the bike May 2, 2012 and I live in West Seattle. 

I've used GStwin as a resource in the past, I decided to sign up after seeing your post.  It looks like there are a few other GS500 riders in Seattle.  You guys do groups rides too, right?  Let me know.  I took a ride on Friday....nice and clear but COLD!

I am the Nightrider. I'm a carbureted black & yellow machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

adidasguy

yes, there are a few of us in West Seattle.
We sometimes ride or work on our bikes together. I have quite a stock of parts and tools in the "West Seattle Bike Cave". You can see pix in the build threads: one on Junior, one on the West Seattle Bike Build and one on making of a bike cave.
You'll have to stop over sometime.
If you see a GS500 parked in front of my office on 44th ave SW in the Junction, stop in.

five hundo

Quote from: adidasguy on January 13, 2013, 10:57:41 PM
We sometimes ride or work on our bikes together. I have quite a stock of parts and tools in the "West Seattle Bike Cave". You can see pix in the build threads: one on Junior, one on the West Seattle Bike Build and one on making of a bike cave.
If you see a GS500 parked in front of my office on 44th ave SW in the Junction, stop in.

Cool.  I'll keep an eye out and stop in. 
I am the Nightrider. I'm a carbureted black & yellow machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: five hundo on January 14, 2013, 06:47:04 PM
Quote from: adidasguy on January 13, 2013, 10:57:41 PM

Cool.  I'll keep an eye out and stop in.
adidas is a good guy here. watch his vids, if you cant stop by. gives some good howto's on repairs and or upgrades  :cheers:
".
A proud Mormon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk