News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

GS500 Rear Huggers

Started by airbrush, January 01, 2006, 11:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adidasguy

adidasguy

ADMIN: Since huggers are no longer available, we probably don't need this thread anymore.

weedahoe

Agreed, especially since Airbrush no longer wants to make them or share how he makes them (which IMO is sad)

K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

adidasguy

There are 2 available but I don't like them as well. Made by Balu Racing and Red Fox. One in Germany. One in the UK.
(I'll give you one guess how I know!)

And I did ask him about the molds. It was a "sorry, no".

maybe we should sticky a SS chain guard post? Those are available and will be for quite a while.

codajastal

Quote from: adidasguy on March 13, 2013, 12:04:08 AM
There are 2 available but I don't like them as well. Made by Balu Racing and Red Fox. One in Germany. One in the UK.
(I'll give you one guess how I know!)

And I did ask him about the molds. It was a "sorry, no".

maybe we should sticky a SS chain guard post? Those are available and will be for quite a while.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

weedahoe

I have no problem with that either Addidas. You are far more active than Airbrush (who hasn't been here Jan BTW) and I've seen you give this away for cheap and for the cost of shipping.

As for the huggers, if he doesn't want to make them anymore because they are too troublesome or time consuming or maybe lost interest or doesn't have time, fine, I get that. But don't be selfish and hold everyone else back in the community by not wanting to share how he makes them or passing on/selling the mold. It's not like there aren't tons of videos out there on YouTube anyway on how to make negative molds for reproduction anyway. Eventually I am going to get me a Bandit 1200 hugger, paint it and dip it with Hydrographics
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

cbrfxr67

i agree with you weed,...was just looking at the pics thinking, 'that can't be that dammm hard' and now looking at 3d printing because my brain went in that direction.  I think it'd be great to man up a load of huggers for the gs.
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

CrownSeven

How difficult would it be take one of those rear huggers and create a mold from it?

I've been seriously considering purchasing a 3d printer, although I'm not sure if a hugger produced using a 3d printer would be durable enough.

weedahoe

It would not be hard at all. Injection molding is also an option
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

Zethioth

It's a shame they are not made any more... It's too bad he can't just sell the moldings to someone who would want to produce them again. The market is already small enough for the GS...
2005 GS500F
Thread located Here.

airbrush

Hi All,

If there is enough interest in them, a "yes" for sure, of more than 6 people then I would consider making another run.

They would be the black fibreglass version only.

Those that want one, put a reply up. No maybes, or i've been thinking about it....only those that want one for sure.

thanks.
jeff - 2004GS500F...custom paint by me, :)

-Maker of GS500 rear huggers/GS500 keychains - get yours

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

adidasguy

BockinBboy

I looked at the hyosung 250 hugger once, and thought it would be a darn close fit by making an extra bolt hole toward the front... I never looked further after I read that they have a 150 rear tire... figured it might be too wide  :dunno_black:

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

CrownSeven

YES YES YES YES YES!  There's your six  ;)

But in all seriousness, I'm interested.

Maybe its better to start a new thread to get more attention.

Quote from: airbrush on March 13, 2013, 12:29:50 PM
Hi All,

If there is enough interest in them, a "yes" for sure, of more than 6 people then I would consider making another run.

They would be the black fibreglass version only.

Those that want one, put a reply up. No maybes, or i've been thinking about it....only those that want one for sure.

thanks.

weedahoe

^^^ Thats only 5 "yes" and I think you are going to have to be more than interested.

Airbrush, whats the cost on them?
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

CrownSeven

Quote from: weedahoe on March 13, 2013, 02:03:37 PM
^^^ Thats only 5 "yes" and I think you are going to have to be more than interested.

Ummm interested = I will buy one. 

airbrush

Cost is posted at the beginning of the thread...assuming my supply cost and shipping costs haven't gone up since last time...which is unlikely...everything always goes up it seems. Would need to verify everything when and if there are enough people that want one.

Quote from: weedahoe on March 13, 2013, 02:03:37 PM

jeff - 2004GS500F...custom paint by me, :)

-Maker of GS500 rear huggers/GS500 keychains - get yours

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

BockinBboy

Reread the OP just to double check... You've got a for sure yes from me!

One wet ride and my entire underside is a mess.. Not to mention my shiny R6 shock  :sad:

Heck, you can probably get at least half of that sure count from adidasguy alone... He keeps mentioning several bikes coming to life from that cave of his... And his bikes can't be complete without one!

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

wayne242

There to much for what they do imo, but there is a guy down the road who makes molds etc. I may talk with him on how hard it would be to make something like that as he as pretty decent prices on stuff he makes.  He normally does car interior stuff though.
2006 GS 500 F

jdoorn14

Absolutely! Count me in for one!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
It seems it has become necessary to qualify my posts:
I am/am not trying to start an argument. This post is/is not intended to be a personal attack. I am/am not merely attempting to present a different viewpoint.

Select the words that apply to you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk