$50 if someone in Brisbane can install frame sliders on my GS500f >.<

Started by AussieChick, May 17, 2012, 06:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AussieChick

Howdy! Decided it's time to get frame sliders for my baby...had her about a month now, and no near accidents or anything, but feel my fairings are too vulnerable :( I have heard all the good and bad things about frame sliders, but realistically if I lay my bike over, it will be a low speed cornering accident, stationery drop, or from the result of slamming on the brakes too hard and not getting my feet down in time :S anyway, just bought some R&G frame sliders online!

Not sure how long they will take to get here, but if any of you have done it before and would be willing to do it for me, I'll give you $50 for your troubles! Shouldn't take more than an hour should it?

As a 19yo girl, I don't have the tools or technical know-how to do it myself...nor would I probably trust myself...I'm located in Herston, so I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance from here for anyone that can help me one weekend!

Shoot me an email if you're interested! Let me know where you're at! Preferrably after someone that has done this themselves :)

Cheers!

codajastal

I'm sure Slips will be along shortly with his offer of help :thumb:
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

slipperymongoose

Some say that he submitted a $20000 expense claim for some gravel

And that if he'd write a letter of condolance he would at least spell your name right.

AussieChick

slipperymongoose

Some say that he submitted a $20000 expense claim for some gravel

And that if he'd write a letter of condolance he would at least spell your name right.

Jalalski

Hi AussieChick,

Did you end-up fitting the sliders on your bike?

Can you give us a review about them please? Also, how much you paid for them and was there any modification required to the fairing to fit them in?

I am also looking at fitting frame sliders to my bike, so any information will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jalal (Sutherland-Sydney)
2010 GS500F
"Live to Ride, Ride to Live!"

yamahonkawazuki

things are fun to put on. i had installed them before taking abotu 30 minutes tops. and yes they are beneficial. minimises damage. theres also  ( if you can find them) case savers amongst other gs related items. idk about tehm fitting on an F, but who knows. anything is possible Eh?
Dr house
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

AussieChick

Hi there!

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Suzuki/GS500_FullyFaired/All_Years/CP0158BL.aspx

This is the mob I bought them from online - not too badly priced even including the shipping...that was nearly a year ago now though so I'm not sure what the current market for these is like...

I had slips install them for me  :icon_mrgreen: BUT I watched on and it looked pretty easy - you do have to drill a hole in your fairing though, but on a learner bike like this who will ever want to take them off?

I'm yet to drop my bike *touch wood* so I haven't tested the effectiveness but I actually felt more confident riding with them on for some reason lol. I don't find they detract from the look of the bike at all and they'll save you a lot of $$$ in a low speed drop!

AussieChick

ALSO - Yama-whatever your name is, I LOVE that you signed off as Dr House haha.

adidasguy

R&G are easy to install. They have instructions as how to locate the spot to drill the hole.
I posted a video of how to remove your fairing. That takes maybe 5 minutes.
You push their threaded rod in as it pushes out your engine bolt. Engine will not fall out (held in by 3 other bolts anyway).
You can do it all in half hour to an hour. Have a long 19mm socket for the bolt in the sliders. I forget the engine bolt size.
They do look good! It takes away from the plain look of the lower fairing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk