News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

Rear Solo seats for sale-by JamesG

Started by pantablo, February 06, 2003, 07:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coll0412

Dont want to be a negative nancy, but none are being made anymore....
CRA #220

dgyver

Quote from: coll0412 on September 29, 2006, 06:59:32 PM
Anyone got one of these hanging around still, cuz I am converting my bike to a race bike and would love a solo seat.

I have an extra one, the last one in c/f that I made. $150 + shipping.
Common sense in not very common.

coll0412

CRA #220

Foreverunstopable

:icon_rolleyes: gotta  be quick round these parts. Let me know if it falls through.

coll0412

sorry bro, but I have been looking for one for the last 3 months
CRA #220

GSdave

could you make one for street use??? like with some padding
05' Gs500f its bone stock----isn't it sad?

dgyver

They are not available at this time.
Common sense in not very common.

frankieG

CF for street would be too sweet for words
liberal camerican
living in beautiful new port richey florida
i have a beautiful gf(not anymore)
former navy bubble head (JD is our patran saint)

darb85

2000 GS500E
K&N Drop in, Custom Turn signals, Kat Rear Shock, Pirreli Sport Demons, Woodcraft Rearsets. Kat Front Forks, Race tech .90, 14t

dynamic213

Guess not... So when are they going to become available again?
02 GS500

Mk1inCali

When a mod finally takes this down from it's position in the stickies.

PLEASE!!!  We cause more confusion/disappointment in this thread than all others combined!
Anthony
                         '00 GS500E + 33K miles
        Bob B advancerK&N Pods/Dynojet Stage 3/Yoshimura black can full system;
        F3 rearsets/MX bars/SV throttle tube/New cables/Galfer SS line/EBC HH pads;
        Buell Signals/AL ignition cover/Fender & Reflectors hacked off.

frankieG

liberal camerican
living in beautiful new port richey florida
i have a beautiful gf(not anymore)
former navy bubble head (JD is our patran saint)

Mk1inCali

Not on your '02.  The rear-most seat support/subframe brace gets in the way.  If you could/wanted to weld a bit, then it could.
Anthony
                         '00 GS500E + 33K miles
        Bob B advancerK&N Pods/Dynojet Stage 3/Yoshimura black can full system;
        F3 rearsets/MX bars/SV throttle tube/New cables/Galfer SS line/EBC HH pads;
        Buell Signals/AL ignition cover/Fender & Reflectors hacked off.

average

I know who has one but If I told you who, he would probably kill me  :laugh:
R.I.P
Rich(Phadreus)
90 gs5 04 Fairings(that's right)
LP flushmounts up front  shortened turn signals
Kanatuna rear wheel swap
Kat FE

Cowl Tech

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and was introduced to it due to some requests to my company, asking for a solo seat cowl to be made for these bikes.  After we have received a few requests we have decided that we are going to start production on these right away.  This is a picture of the solo cowl for the Katana that we have gotten requests to see made to fit for your bikes.  Let me know what you think.

The goal of Cowl Tech is to put the manufacturing back in the hands of the bike owners.  So tell me what you guys want to see made, post up pictures of items you want on your bike (or items made for other bikes that you want the same style for yours).  We make items in Fiberglass, ABS Plastic, Carbon Fiber.

Also if someone could inform me the year spans for what bikes are the same fitment for products.(ie. 92-98, 99+) 

Thanks and I hope that I am welcomed on this forum, and that I can help in expanding the Suzuki 500's product line.

www.CowlTech.com

bucks1605

As far as changes in body style, '89-00 were the same. '01 was when they changed the tank and tail plastics as well as the seat.

I'm very excited about this opportunity.
SV1000K3 Bought 03/17/09
1996 GS500E Sold 03/03/09

mojonixon

I personally would like to see one made for the F model, something low profile and blending with the lines of the bike. Not some big humped busa looking thing! Make one in gloss black and tell me where to send the cash!
1974 RD 125 1st bike
1985 RZ 350 Should have kept this one!
1985 FJ 1100 Can you say sled
1981 Gpz 550 Still in the garage
2003 Ducati 749 Divorce...you know the rest.
2004 VTX 1300 Just got it
2007 GS 500F I love it and the FE is fine
Picking up pennies for a Triumph Street Triple

Cowl Tech

Quote from: mojonixon on May 29, 2008, 02:41:57 PM
I personally would like to see one made for the F model, something low profile and blending with the lines of the bike. Not some big humped busa looking thing! Make one in gloss black and tell me where to send the cash!

So would you rather more of a cap?  Or would you like something that is similiar to a race cowl just modified to the 500f?  What is pictured below is what we call the sleek cowl.

Also what year bike do you have?

*Bucks1605-so 89-00 gs500f's are the same, and then 01-07? gs500f's are the same? 

Let's get this topic running again, this is your guys opportunity to state what you want!  Or to bring back something that was being manufactured or is, but is being done overseas.  When you state your idea's and/or pics of what you want, state for what bike and let's come to a consensus for who wants these parts, and what parts.

bucks1605

Anything without fairings is actually an E, not an F. I believe there are some post '01 E's, but the tank and plastics are different than the pre-'01s. But yeah that's basically it, here's a link with some info on the changes over the years. I personally would like to see a few options for the naked E models. I like the look of that sleek cowl.

http://cgi.stanford.edu/~sanjayd/gs500/Main/YearChanges
SV1000K3 Bought 03/17/09
1996 GS500E Sold 03/03/09

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk