News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

WEST coast-kerry's valve adjusting kit?

Started by My Name Is Dave, April 18, 2006, 10:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Name Is Dave

Quote from: Mk1inCali on April 18, 2006, 09:43:28 AM
allmtrslut-

I believe it is in Celica's possession right now, waiting to ship to you.

Woah, what? This is the list, as far as I'm aware:

My_Celica_Is_Jealous   Anaheim, CA
AgentNitz              La Crescenta, CA
Mandres                ?, TX
2005-GS500-PDX         Portland, OR
allmtrslut             Los Angeles, CA
mk1incali                   San Diego/Beverly Hills, CA

So it's skipping AgentNitz, Mandres, and myself and going to allmtrslut? I must have missed something...
Quote from: AlphaFire X5
Man, I want some wine right now. Some pinot noir...yeah, that sounds nice

scratch

Did you pm allmtrslut and My_Celica_Is_Jealous?
The motorcycle is no longer the hobby, the skill has become the hobby.

Power does not compare to skill.  What good is power without the skill to use it?

QuoteOriginally posted by Wintermute on BayAreaRidersForum.com
good judgement trumps good skills every time.

My Name Is Dave

Quote from: scratch on April 21, 2006, 08:49:00 AM
Did you pm allmtrslut and My_Celica_Is_Jealous?

No, but I've gathered that they're doing it together. Is that why you ask?

Oh, and the thread says it was started by me. I rule!

poormanracing

no i sent it to agentnitz....it arrived already (according to usps delivery confirm)...agentnitz and allmtrslut are trying to do it together...they are asking mk1 to join them

Mandres

cool, I guess that makes me next.  Perfect timing.  Please PM me when you're rdy to send and I'll give you my address.

-M

My Name Is Dave

Quote from: Mandres on April 21, 2006, 03:59:09 PM
cool, I guess that makes me next.  Perfect timing.  Please PM me when you're rdy to send and I'll give you my address.

-M

Mandres, my man, how about we have them ship it to me and you can come up and do them at the same time as me at my house? Beer and smokes will be provided.

Wink.

pantablo

dont you have to do the valves when they're cold? thats what they do at the shops-you leave the bike the night before.
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

My Name Is Dave

Quote from: pantablo on April 21, 2006, 09:22:51 PM
dont you have to do the valves when they're cold? thats what they do at the shops-you leave the bike the night before.

Yes, why?

Egaeus

Quote from: pantablo on April 21, 2006, 09:22:51 PM
I don't think that's a worry.  Mandres' bike isn't exactly going anywhere yet. :)
Sorry, I won't answer motorcycle questions anymore.  I'm not f%$king friendly enough for this board.  Ask me at:
webchat.freequest.net
or
irc.freequest.net if you have an irc client
room: #gstwins
password: gs500

Mandres

Hehe, that's true.  It would be difficult to make it to Oregon since the head and cylinders are sitting on top of my refrigerator right now.  On the plus side the new valves, rings, gaskets and valve guide are supposed to be delivered today.  I just need to get the guide installed at the shop and the clearances set properly and she'll be good to go.  It's been a long, frustrating journey.

-M

Egaeus

Mike, you're an inspiration to all of us.  No matter how bad it gets, you keep going.  Any year now, you'll have a great bike. :) 

I just tell myself that no matter how much maintenance my bike needs to make up for the neglect it suffered, at least I didn't get yours. :laugh:

Quote from: Mandres on April 22, 2006, 08:08:27 AM
The head and cylinders are sitting on top of my refrigerator right now.
And you're definitely a single guy.
Sorry, I won't answer motorcycle questions anymore.  I'm not f%$king friendly enough for this board.  Ask me at:
webchat.freequest.net
or
irc.freequest.net if you have an irc client
room: #gstwins
password: gs500

12thmonkey

agentnitz, allmtrslut and mk1...are you open to someone else joining the valve adjusting party? i'm in West LA, and would love to meet some fellow gstwinners and do some wrenching. Let me know when you're getting together, and if it'd be cool for me to join. Thanks!
Don't sweat the petty things...and don't pet the sweaty things.

allmtrslut

hey i realized my prob wasnt valves, so iam not joining them. i dont they would mind they are cool guys!

AgentNitz

I got the kit last wednesday, and I've been kinda busy as of late (sorry!) but I hope to have em done this week. I'mma call Mk1 and see what he has to say. And after that, it'll be on the way to Mandres!
Aaaaah, Los Angeles. Where if the traffic don't kill ya, the air will =P

My Name Is Dave

Quote from: AgentNitz on April 23, 2006, 01:24:35 PM
I got the kit last wednesday, and I've been kinda busy as of late (sorry!) but I hope to have em done this week. I'mma call Mk1 and see what he has to say. And after that, it'll be on the way to Mandres!

Mandres said he's too tired to do them, so skip him and forward it on to me. Thank yoooooooou!

pantablo

Actually I was talking about these guys who were going to do it together. How they accomplish that with completely cold bikes is beyond me unless they all come to one's house the night before...

Quote from: my_celica_is_jealous on April 21, 2006, 12:45:29 PM
no i sent it to agentnitz....it arrived already (according to usps delivery confirm)...agentnitz and allmtrslut are trying to do it together...they are asking mk1 to join them
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

12thmonkey

i'm bringing a bunch of magic gnomes to blow on the engines.

mrdomino

hrmmm i was at my local Suzuki shop (Marina Suzuki) while i was there i bought a new front tire along with an oil/filter change + small stuffs... so he whips out a gs500 manual and explains to me that im in need of a valve adjustment according to my miles (7400ish); I downloaded Kerry's Grammy DIY movie and was wondering.. how does the kit move around?  :thumb:

Mk1inCali

Pablo makes a great point, I had forgotten about the fact that when I did my own bikes' + Daniely's, we waited all day to do them.  With my current school schedule, and lack of time in general to do extra-curricular stuff, I think I'll have to pass on this for right now.  I know my bike needs to be checked, but 3/4 were within spec after 10K miles, and I've put on 9 since then, so I'm not too terribly suspicious of them moving, since I run good oil and keep it clean.

I'd feel bad holding the kit up when there are people waiting who have been in line for much longer than myself, so if you need help doing yours, I'd be happy to ride up and lend a hand, but to do my own bike I'll need more time.

Glad to see it's still moving around.
Anthony
                         '00 GS500E + 33K miles
        Bob B advancerK&N Pods/Dynojet Stage 3/Yoshimura black can full system;
        F3 rearsets/MX bars/SV throttle tube/New cables/Galfer SS line/EBC HH pads;
        Buell Signals/AL ignition cover/Fender & Reflectors hacked off.

12thmonkey

Mk1inCali, sorry to hear you're out. AgentNitz, are you still going to try and do your valves? If you're still planning on it, and there is a way to work it out so i could do it with you, that'd be awesome. But, i also don't want to be one to hold things up. Let me know...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk