News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Replacement carb to engine intake boot size?

Started by 3ric15, June 12, 2019, 01:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3ric15

Hi all,

Does anyone know the correct size intake boots I need for a 2001 GS500? I'm looking at these: https://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/motorcycle-fuel-and-air/carb-kits-parts-accessories/mikuni-mounting-flange/p/23623?m=6062

I'm guessing I need the 30-34mm carb size, but I'm not sure about the throat depth and have no way to measure them on my bike right now.

Does anyone know the size of the o-rings needed for these as well?

Thanks.

TheDooman92

I have a pair of the o-rings brand new in the packaging. I could measure for you but won't be until sometime Friday until I can get back to you.

3ric15

Quote from: TheDooman92 on June 12, 2019, 07:09:18 PM
I have a pair of the o-rings brand new in the packaging. I could measure for you but won't be until sometime Friday until I can get back to you.

That would be great if you could! No worries, I won't have access to my GS until next week anyway.

Thanks!

mr72

why wouldn't you just buy OEM Suzuki parts? You know that will fit. And likewise the OEM o-ring is not guaranteed to fit on some aftermarket intake boot.

3ric15

Quote from: mr72 on June 14, 2019, 06:33:05 AM
why wouldn't you just buy OEM Suzuki parts? You know that will fit.
I figured I'd look to see if anyone else has installed these before paying $80 + s&h for oems

mr72

I think I'd be kicking myself for not spending the extra $20-30 or whatever it is to get the right parts when I found myself struggling with carb tuning and having nobody with experience with these parts to help.

3ric15

Quote from: mr72 on June 14, 2019, 10:09:08 AM
I think I'd be kicking myself for not spending the extra $20-30 or whatever it is to get the right parts when I found myself struggling with carb tuning and having nobody with experience with these parts to help.

I think I'd be kicking myself if I learned that cheaper replacements worked just as well as oem after spending extra money.

mr72

I'm surprised again at how the new members of this forum make me sorry I try to help.

Joolstacho

Beam me up Scottie....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk