News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Mods: do you need a web dude?

Started by smokestack, June 13, 2016, 10:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokestack

Happy to help if you need someone. Silicon valley engineer. I noticed that the site chokes frequently. Perf issues aren't always a function of money. Love this forum...

casezero

For what it's worth, I for one would love a more mobile-friendly interface. Not sure if I'm just dumb, but I have the hardest time navigating the site on my smartphone.

yamahonkawazuki

You would be better off sending a PM to either buddha or to another mod or admin.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Janx101

TheGoodGuy

I noticed this post... I'll be looking into the issues.. seems /tmp/ is full.. not sure if thats the cause. I am going to take the server down this weekend.
'01 GS500. Mods: Katana Shock, Progessive Springs, BobB's V&H  Advancer Clone, JeffD's LED tail lights & LED licence plate bolt running lights, flanders superbike bars, magnet under the bike. Recent mods: Rejet with 20/62.5/145, 3 shims on needle, K&N Lunch box.

smokestack

Haven't noticed the "choking" since last week, fwiw

The Buddha

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on June 18, 2016, 11:37:31 AM
You would be better off sending a PM to either buddha or to another mod or admin.
Aaron

Nooooo Buddha is also software engineer, but not that kind of software engineer ... so I have no clue.
But John would be the one to contact.
Choking, and mobile in compatibility are possibly due to the fact that we are older than mobile, this one has been up in its present iteration since 03.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

yamahonkawazuki

fwiw even with the occasional choke down,. things run fairly smoothly.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

rscottlow

Quote from: casezero on June 18, 2016, 07:54:33 AM
For what it's worth, I for one would love a more mobile-friendly interface. Not sure if I'm just dumb, but I have the hardest time navigating the site on my smartphone.

I use Tapatalk...it's relatively user friendly, and makes uploading photos much easier.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

TheGoodGuy

tapatalk was installed and running. I'll check on it this weekend when i take the entire server down. Downtime will be about 2-3 hours by my estimate.
'01 GS500. Mods: Katana Shock, Progessive Springs, BobB's V&H  Advancer Clone, JeffD's LED tail lights & LED licence plate bolt running lights, flanders superbike bars, magnet under the bike. Recent mods: Rejet with 20/62.5/145, 3 shims on needle, K&N Lunch box.

Bluesmudge

I for one love the front end of the forum in its current form. I hope it never falls victim to the trends of giant buttons, hero banners and lots of dead space

I've never noticed any slow downs or anything

TheGoodGuy

Well updates made will be minor. We still wont have banner ads and stuff. Unless its our own banner ads. The forum has always been for the gs500 rider, and that comes first!

Quote from: Bluesmudge on June 30, 2016, 06:48:23 PM<blockquote>I for one love the front end of the forum in its current form. I hope it never falls victim to the trends of giant buttons, hero banners and lots of dead space

I've never noticed any slow downs or anything
</blockquote>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk