News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

New member, NSW, Australia

Started by G54B, July 05, 2018, 11:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G54B

Hi guys, forum newbie from country NSW, Australia here
Scored a '90 GS500 for the hefty sum of however much fuel my ute used on the 150km round trip to my boss' place to pick it up... it hadn't run in a while and he was sick of tripping over it every time he went in the shed, so here we are.
Joined up because I know next to nothing about the thing other than it's physically bigger than the GSX250F I followed Dad around SE Australia on last year and it runs remarkably well now that I've rebuilt the carbs, especially considering it hadn't run in a decade and apparently has nearly 120k km on it.

Cheers :thumb:

ShowBizWolf

Welcome to the forum! I like the looks of the GSX250F. Hope ya become a regular around here and post up some pics :cheers:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

peteGS

Hey mate, welcome from sunny Brissie  :thumb:

The GS' are good solid bikes, sounds like yours will need a good go over but IMHO they're well worth it for a reliable fun little bike as the end result.

I'm on an 82 450 (the 500's predecessor) and even though I ride with guys primarily on 1100+ Katana's and GSX's I still have plenty of fun, especially in the twisty bits.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk