News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

1996 gs500e not starting =((

Started by imbadnojoke, June 08, 2012, 03:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imbadnojoke

Ok guys i have read around here quite a bit recently, and have learned many, many things and i am thankful for that.

However, a problem has arrived on my plate.

For starters I got the bike last August for my first bike, rode it for a few months before winter everything was great. BUT!!! i rode happily since March almost everyday put about a thousand miles this spring so far. On memorial day me and my dad were on a ride and randomly the bike just died.

So my question is, what could it be? ive checked the ignition coils make sure the wires are snug to those, fresh gas, charged battery. a few days ago we got it started but went to stand it up and it immdeiately died, and since then cannot get a spark on the plugs. I also took it apart fixed all the fuel lines and made sure everything was correct and found an adaptor by my right break broken. The male connector is gone. I am not sure how to post pics but does anyone has any idea?

I know it was alot but i appriciate the help guys!!

Big Rich

What's the broken wire coming from? if its the signal generator under the right side cover, that could be the problem.

And welcome to the site!
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

BrianKD

Does the bike crank when you press the starter button at least?

imbadnojoke

It looks like the turn signal or possibly the rear brake, if i can upload pictures i have one. and yes it is turning over just wont fire off.

And thanks guys for the welcome and appriciate the quick answers =))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk