Started by Lukewarm Wilson, June 07, 2006, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukewarm Wilson

nice pics keep them coming :thumb: :cheers:
Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again

matt86to

Here are some more photo's from Wed's ride
How good is this part of the road  :twisted:

another one you got to love these 35km to 45kms :):):)

my bike

more weather pics

now this is were the fun starts :twisted:

how good is this dam that you need to go over :)
Matt
GS 500 09

brembo

Quote from: matt86to on November 23, 2006, 03:05:23 AM

That sign looks familiar, when I passed it on the Thursday it was -1 or -2C, there was a small dusting of snow on the hills too.. Big difference from the 25C range temp is was on the Snowy Ride Saturday.

The road between Adaminaby and Kiandra (near that sign) is great, not so much when you can't bend your arms much due to so many layers of clothes lol
[ Light Blue GS500 K1 ][60,000km (and climbing), a gazillion litres of oil, and more scratches than you can poke a road at. ]

brembo

Now back to ride photos;

Lake George on the trek south;

The group before we set off for the Snowy Ride;

Quote from: matt86to on November 23, 2006, 03:05:23 AM
how good is this dam that you need to go over :)
Tumut Pond Dam, part of the supply line for the Hydro stations :) Here's another view;

Murray 1 Station

Scammel's Spur Lookout

And now some shots of Jindabyne;

Now to get off my lazy arse and change the oil to that Motul 1000 I picked up ages ago...
[ Light Blue GS500 K1 ][60,000km (and climbing), a gazillion litres of oil, and more scratches than you can poke a road at. ]

Lukewarm Wilson

matt86to

very nice photo's mate I love the sunset  O0 , We had some very good one in mid week too I will post the then with my ride photo's

all the best matt:) your friend :)
P.S  Lukewarm I have a good photo of You well three  :icon_mrgreen: but you will have to wait  :icon_razz:
Matt
GS 500 09

Old man

Snowy ride 2007?

Is there one and if so when, and how do i get on it?

Old man :cheers:
Monday I have Friday on my mind.....

brembo

zephler

what's this area like to ride through in summer, early jan? thinking of following the Murray from here in SA and ending at Jindabyne or there abouts.... maybe a few rides through the mountains (Charlottes pass? etc) then back down through Vic to SA....

Lukewarm Wilson

havent ridden jan down there but it would be colourful and warm its always a good ride there except winter for the obvious reason :thumb: :cheers:

Old man

Bugger!

I'm on a 2day bushwalk on the Kowmung in Kanangra Boyd that weekend. Maybe next year.

Old man.
Monday I have Friday on my mind.....

zephler

Quote from: Lukewarm Wilson on October 20, 2007, 04:34:02 AM
havent ridden jan down there but it would be colourful and warm its always a good ride there except winter for the obvious reason :thumb: :cheers:

yeah, heard there are many great rides in the area  ;) any idea about how busy it is that time of year? I'd just be camping so wondering if I'd have to book etc

Lukewarm Wilson

no you should be right, I went camping up there about 4 years ago no booking and plenty of space but that was just before winter when I went but you should have no problems. Most people don't realise how nice it is there out side of winter :thumb: :cheers:

Lukewarm Wilson

Anyone heading down for the ride this year? :thumb: :cheers:

bubba zanetti

The more I learn about women, the more I love my bike.

SHENANIGANS

Ugly Fat Old Bastard #72

philward

Quote from: Lukewarm Wilson on October 23, 2008, 10:54:22 PM

I am.  First time, too.
Formerly:
'05 GS500F
fairingless, twin dominator headlights, MC case-guards, alu pegs, alu bar-ends, Yoshi TRS + K&N RU-2970 (22.5/65/147.5), twin Stebel HF80/2 horns, fenderectomy, Oxford HotGrips

Currently:
Honda CBF1000

Lukewarm Wilson

Quote from: philward on October 29, 2008, 05:14:07 PM
Quote from: Lukewarm Wilson on October 23, 2008, 10:54:22 PM

I am.  First time, too.
Glad to see someone else heading down you will have a lot of fun, this is actually 5th year attendance.
Although I am cheating this year by taking the car as its my turn to be the luggage carrier this year for our group as last year one of the guys took his car due to an operation on his hands and carried the luggage so we could all free ride with no luggage which was great so I put up my hand for this year and will ride again next year so hopefully this year I'll drive up to Threadbo (staying in Jinndy this year) and test ride Honda's bikes.
So where are you staying? Also take it slow if you do the Khancoban stretch as there is always cops there over the full weekend. DO the Charlotte Pass stretch as its one of the best roads down there. Also its a lot of fun at the Dalgety stop.
So if you see a little red Diahatsu Sirion GTVI stop and say hello. :cheers: :thumb:

philward

Quote from: Lukewarm Wilson on October 30, 2008, 02:46:57 PM
So if you see a little red Diahatsu Sirion GTVI stop and say hello. :cheers: :thumb:

Likewise if you see a black naked GS with twin lights and a yosh.  :cheers:
Formerly:
'05 GS500F
fairingless, twin dominator headlights, MC case-guards, alu pegs, alu bar-ends, Yoshi TRS + K&N RU-2970 (22.5/65/147.5), twin Stebel HF80/2 horns, fenderectomy, Oxford HotGrips

Currently:
Honda CBF1000

galahs

I took the GS up the Snowy Mountains Highway the other day from the Hume Hwy to some caves that were up in the highlands.

There was a nice section of road that climbed the mountain  :thumb: twice as much fun coming down it!

matt86to

Well its that time of year The Snowy  Ride is on  the 5th Nov & I was wondering if anybody else is going down?
Matt
GS 500 09

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk