News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

I just need to tell people, and you guys seem nice enough

Started by Malfruen, February 02, 2015, 04:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Janx101

Well I was trying to keep his mind off missing his lady! .... oh darn! :rolleyes:

Malfruen

Quote from: Janx101 on February 23, 2015, 08:11:19 PM
Well I was trying to keep his mind off missing his lady! .... oh darn! :rolleyes:

Hahaha! This is why I love you guys! :P

Cat was at the Vets today, and he recommended the same thing as you got Janx, hairball food, and see how he goes. He's still got some growing to do (vet analysis, he's the vet for both of the parents of this particular animal), but he is a fluffy cat (half ragdoll). He's still spritely, still annoying the shaZam! out of me, and still lazing around on the missus' pillow since she left.

I asked her how she's coming back down when she comes, wondering if the plane would do the trick and if I had another round trip to Sydney in my near future. Turns out, she can't bring everything she needs with her on a plane, so it looks like I have a 24 hour round trip ahead of me instead to pick her up and bring her back.

The things we do, huh?

peteGS

If it's a hairball, then let him eat grass til he gets it up, we tried Hills Science Diet furball control but they didn't seem to do a lot... we have Birmans which is what half a Ragdoll is  :thumb:

The other thing to try is Laxapet, chocolatey sweet looking goodness (for a cat) that comes in a tube and if the furball is further down it will help them... pass it.

Our 19 1/2 year old gets an inch long strip of it nightly to help her along  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

Hairball food... Purina brand, worked when some others didn't?

Janx101

Was talking to Mum this arvo, chit chat to this & that. .. mentioned hairballs,  she always gave the cats cod liver oil capsules,  greased kitty's insides somewhat but also gives their fur better condition and possibly less shedded fur to ingest?... her mum did same stuff but just spoonful in the cats food cos capsules not around back then!

ShowBizWolf

Cool info!  :star:  Even though I've been around cats all my life, thankfully none of them ever had hairball issues... but it is always great to learn more about something ya care about!!!

Have you tried not leaving food out all the time? My mom always did that (and still does) and it resulted every time in overweight kitties. If it is there, they will eat any chance they get.

When I bought my house and moved out, I took my two cats with me and had to get them back to a normal weight (one of them has asthma and the extra weight was NOT helping). After talking with my vet, I bought a "Healthy Weight" food and I feed them a specific amount, twice a day and that is all. After 2 years, they are now at a perfect weight :thumb:

As a bonus, they get even more excited for the occasional treat now  :D
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

peteGS

Wow... we have always left food out ever since they were kittens, they only ever eat when they're actually hungry and none of them are fat at all. Oh, sorry, our 15 and 1/2 year old boy is but that's because he has issues with his back end and he doesn't get enough exercise but that's only a recent development.

Our oldest turns 20 in August... no weight issues there either...

My wife found if you raise them from the get go with food always available, they will only ever eat what they need and don't have weight issues...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Malfruen

We've got 2 bastards cats here. One, Tori, is pleasant, and nice to be around. The other, Shadow, I found in a box out the back of Coles, dumped. She was a nice kitten, then turned into a fur covered demon of hatred and spite. You look at her the wrong way and she will tear your kneecaps out and drink milk from them. I have scars on my arms and legs that will remind me forever never to wake a sleeping black ball of pure unadulterated hatred and violence.

Also, drunk posting. Close friend died yesterday, so drinking in remembrance to her.

Text the missus, she's out whoop whoop in the middle of buttfuck Egypt no mans land with her girlfriends so they can chat without interference from their respective partners. Don't know if good or bad thing. Women are crazy sometimes. At least she offered to be here Monday for the burial and shaZam!, but I don't want her to see my ass like this. Besides, I wouldn't be any fun. Besides, drinking is more fun when you're not worried about how other people are thinking of you.

More cheers and more beers boys. Text your friends to make sure they're ok. Now go back to posting about cats in my girl thread :P

ShowBizWolf

Hope all is still going good for you!!! And I totally agree... drinking is indeed more enjoyable when other people aren't judging  ;)
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

annguyen1981

This is the first thread I read after my long absence(sp?).... and there are no pictures of this mystery woman??????  lol

I'm glad it's working out so far.   :thumb:

2007 YZF-R6 - Purchased 7/03/07
2004 YZF-R6 - Stolen 5/25/07
2004 GS500f - Sold to Bluelespaul
Killin' a Kitty

Malfruen

It's working out well so far, thats for damn sure.

There are no pictures of this woman because I haven't uploaded her picture yet :P

I might just do that now actually...

Malfruen

Double post, so shoot me.

codajastal

I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

Janx101

Bet she has an awesome laugh! ... She looks like a cheeky gal!! Well done chap!  :thumb:

Malfruen

She does. And cheeky doesn't even come close.

She's always trying to make me smile, especially now since I'm haven't been going so well with my back recently. That keeps me going.

Janx101

BockinBboy

Hmm beet pulp, if I remember right, is the ingredient in most 'hair ball' catfood diets that does the hair ball work. So look for food/treats with that.

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

ShowBizWolf

A recent development over the past couple months in my life made me remember this thread and I wanted to check in... how are things goin' for you guys Malfruen? Still good I hope !

yamahonkawazuki

dammit my orange watch cat. seriously lets me know when health isnt good. hes saved my life twice so far.and again last thursday night i swear he alerted ne when my foot wound turned into septicemia doc said had i delayed coming to hosp. id likely be dead. i lovee this cat as if he were my child. to me he is. he bitched at me today when i came home for not being at home lol.
now heres a question maybe one of yall can assist me with.
i stole this cat from an abusive home. he still  heats his food without chewing it. and will yak a log of solid catfood. dry.  never a hairball though. trying to figure out how to stop this. he will chew it if i sit beside him and pet him. what do i do, was considering wet catfood. this does work. its pricier but if i can figure out how to cover that ill do it. i love this cat and will do whatever it takes. had him since 2009 and hope to have him for many years.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk