News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

CELL PHONES/TEXT MESSAGING

Started by porsche4786, November 28, 2005, 04:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbNnc

Can you text just from one cell phone to another? Apparently, it would be hard to text from a phone that doesn't have a display. I'm just curious because when I call people and get the option for voice or text, I wonder if I should try text or just stick with a voice message.

Phaedrus

I tried txt'ing to a landline once; just out of curiosity. My cell phone said it "sent" but my landline didn't ever get the message. It has a display (Caller ID) but nothing happened. It must be lost out there  :dunno:
Richard died in a motorcycle accident that was at no fault of his own.  We lost a good friend and good member of this board.  Though Rich may be gone, his legacy will live on here.

Photos from the June '06 Northeast GStwin Meet

Jake D

If you're responding to a text from another girl in front of girl #1, just say something sweet like, "Oh, it's my mom.  I need to make plans with her to go shopping for home decor at The Home Depot on Sunday.  She has got some area rugs in mind for my place that will really tie the place together."  Then you send your text, something along the lines of, "Hey Eva!  Still playing poker with the guys.  Getting killed!  Going to need a pick me up.  How about tomorrow at 7? : )"

Then reach for the last California Roll and impress Girl #1 with your wassabe tolerance.
2003 Honda VTR1000F Super Hawk 996

Many of the ancients believe that Jake D was made of solid stone.

porsche4786

most phones now have predictive text, where it guesses what you want and only have to press each button once. If the word is wrong, then you just press the up or down button and it will go to the next word.
-Kevin
2005 GS500F (sold), 1989 RX-7, 2006 GSXR 600

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk