News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Hose routing questions

Started by William.T, September 13, 2018, 08:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

William.T

Hello all! I have a few questions regarding hose routing (The bike is an 500E from '07)

First off, does the shiny black tube (encircled in red) connect to the brown T in picture 2? Secondly, also from the first picture, where does the tube that's in my hand go?

Next, what attaches to this black outlet thingy?

Finally, I don't know where either side of this thing goes

Thank you so much for your patience!! :)

Regards, William

max

Most of your questions should be solved by this wiki page on hose routing: http://wiki.gstwins.com/index.php?n=Main.HoseRouting

I'll try and answer them for you too though.

Quote from: William.T on September 13, 2018, 08:06:35 AM
First off, does the shiny black tube (encircled in red) connect to the brown T in picture 2? Secondly, also from the first picture, where does the tube that's in my hand go?
The hose circled in red, and the hose to its right (with the X), connect to the outlets on the main petcock found on the underside of the fuel tank (I can't remember which hose connects to which side though).

The hose to the left of the red circled one is the hose that connects to the brown T in picture 2.

The hose in your hand is a vacuum hose that connects to the back top left of the frame petcock in picture 1, and also to the white T in picture 4.

Next, what attaches to this black outlet thingy?
The right hand side of the hose in picture 4 connects to the black outlet thingy.

Finally, I don't know where either side of this thing goes
See above answers.

It looks like you're missing the vacuum chamber in picture 4 though? Item 76 in the top left of this diagram.

I've attached an image of my one (before it got a good cleaning!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk