News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Wisdom Teeth

Started by 12thmonkey, September 22, 2006, 09:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

12thmonkey

Last night after work, i had all 4 of my wisdom teeth "extracted." Needless to say, it was not a fun experience. The doctor used local anesthesia rather than putting me under. i seriously felt like i was at the mechanic, not the dentist. Some hairy dentist had me in a headlock for 45 minutes, using tools that i swear had Craftsman etched into them, to bust my wisdom teeth out. After he finally got them out, he said that he was going to add my teeth to his collection of unusual difficult teeth. All i could picture is that under his  scrubs he had some sort of tribal necklace strung with human teeth. He showed me my teeth after he got each one out (one of which was in 3 pieces)...and explained to me how roots are NOT supposed to curve out like fish hooks. Ohhhhhh...so that explains why i thought you were ripping my jaw off...

The bleeding finally slowed after 12 hours of very little sleep. Supposedly the vicadin that he prescribed me should help with the pain...it's just too bad i am throwing it up. And my jaw/cheeks look like a chipmunk. A chipmunk that just had all of his teeth yanked out with channel locks. Ugh...this sucks. Well, at least i'm not at work...
Don't sweat the petty things...and don't pet the sweaty things.

NiceGuysFinishLast

Bummer dude. I had mine pulled 2 years ago. I also had the local vs. the general. It was.. uhh.. interesting. The funny part was, on the last tooth, he jabbed me with a needle, and would have asked "did you feel that?" if I hadn't jumped about 2 feet out of the chair. Evidently, the novacaine didn't work on that side. So he numbs me again. And it works. I thought. So as he's twisting that last tooth out, I hear it.. then I FEEL it.. man, that was crazy.. fortunately, it was over in about 3 seconds. But damn. My recovery was great though. I took one oxycodon (The less potent verson of oxycontin, I guess?). I decided after that that I didn't want any more pain killers, so I didn't take any. No pain, very little bleeding, and almost no swelling. Even AFTER I jumped (that's right, not walked, but JUMPED) into a sliding glass door about 4 hours after the surgery.

Good luck with the recovery, I hope you stop puking soon, cuz I hear that's rough, try not to pull any stitches! Look out for smartasses too. I came home:

Dad: I got you something special!
Me: o.0   =)
Dad: *Holds up butterfinger*
Me: *MURDER DEATH KILL*
irc.freequest.net

#GStwins gs500

Hang out there, we may flame, but we don't hate.

My attitude is in serious need of readjustment, and I'm ok with that.

Codger

Did you recognize your dentist from "Marathon Man"?
He said "I don't know man, ah she kinda funny, you know".  I said "I know, everybody funny, now you funny too".  JLH OB,OS,OB

Acerbis dual sport lights, Progressive springs, Racetech Emulators, Kat600 shock, SW Motech rack, FIAMM 130dB horn, rejetted, Uni Socks, Fly 1010 Yam bars, Acewell 2803.

Cal Price

Sounds nasty! being a thirty-something (I suspect) has lots of upsides, wisdom teeth extractions are one of the downsides but at least you have done it now.
Black Beemer  - F800ST.
In Cricket the testicular guard, or Box, was introduced in 1874. The helmet was introduced in 1974. Is there a message??

pandy

I had all my wisdom teeth pulled using the same torture method many years ago. I'd never so much as had a cavity before, so having someone pounding away in my mouth while I was awake was...... :bs:  let's just say it's never going to happen again. There's a special place in dentistry hell for oral surgeons such as ours...  :nono:  :icon_twisted:
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk