News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

Brake lights in rear box?

Started by bud_44, August 07, 2012, 11:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bud_44

Will you please tell me if your rear box has brake lights in the back of it and if you have had any problems with the box or brake lights?  What make rear box do you have?  I hope to buy a rear box with brake lights that work well.  Ride safe.

CrownSeven

This is what I have:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-e55-tech-monokey-topcase

I like it and its easily removable from the rack thanks to the quick disconnect (although it is a pricey box).   Coocase is another brand that comes with built in brake lights as well. 

The other option is to purchase a brake light kit from someone like Admore lighting (http://www.admorelighting.com/).

bud_44

Thanks much for your reply Crownseven.  I had a Givi52L box on my Kawasaki Concours.  I really liked it.  Will you please send me a picture of your GS500 with your Givi55L box on it.  Thanks again.  Ride safe.

BockinBboy

He has a couple pics in the link below that show the case in the background on the bike for a teaser, but nothing of the case specifically.

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=60022.msg690271#msg690271

... But yeah, we want to see it!  ;)

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

gsJack

Might as well combine your 2 threads here.

Quote from: bud_44 on August 07, 2012, 11:40:58 AM
Will you please tell me the size in liters of your rear box?  I'm not sure what size I want to get.  Ride safe.
Quote from: bud_44 on August 07, 2012, 11:46:38 AM
Will you please tell me if your rear box has brake lights in the back of it and if you have had any problems with the box or brake lights?  What make rear box do you have?  I hope to buy a rear box with brake lights that work well.  Ride safe.

I put a Givi E33 case (33L) on my 02 GS back in the spring of 04 so it's been there for 8 years and 80k+ miles all the time since except to carry it into a motel occasionally.  I use it for all kinds of shopping regularly besides carrying rain gear and a few other things.  On a trip I could carry a weeks clean clothes in it which is a light load and I'd put other stuff in a large tank bag which I didn't carry otherwise.  I think it's a good size for full time use on a GS500:

I put a homemade rack on my previous 97 GS and used soft luggage on that one and on previous Hondas:

The E33 hard bag has never leaked a drop in all that time and miles but the previous soft luggage was a constant battle with the elements.  I've never added any lights to the E33.
407,400 miles in 30 years for 13,580 miles/year average.  Started riding 7/21/84 and hung up helmet 8/31/14.

CrownSeven

Quote from: BockinBboy on August 08, 2012, 09:03:08 AM
He has a couple pics in the link below that show the case in the background on the bike for a teaser, but nothing of the case specifically.

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=60022.msg690271#msg690271

... But yeah, we want to see it!  ;)

- Bboy

No problem. I'll take a few pcs tomorrow and post them up.

CrownSeven

Find the pics below.  The box is big enough to fit 2 full face helmets (which is why I'm using it).  There are different versions of the box.  The base model does not come with the built in brake lights or remote opener making it cheaper, and it also does not have the 'clear lenses'.  The 'backpack' aka the wife also likes the box as she can use it as a back rest if she needs to when she's riding as a passenger.

pliskin

CrownSeven, I like that seat. Where/what brand is it?
Why are you looking here?

BockinBboy

Thanks for the pics, Crown. That box is HUGE! Definately looks great though.

Quote from: pliskin on August 09, 2012, 07:31:38 AM
CrownSeven, I like that seat. Where/what brand is it?

Beat me to it! Seat looks so comfy!

... I guess its official... I'm jealous of your touring mods!  :icon_mrgreen:

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

CrownSeven

Lol, yep it is a big box, but I'm used to it now.  Its amazing how much crap you can fit in there!

As for the seat, I ordered it from Top Sellerie.  A bit pricey but love it!  Big improvement over the stock seat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk