News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

my 2005 gs500

Started by cs coupe, August 08, 2014, 03:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cs coupe

with the wrap it took me ages to get it right. Ive been doing it for years. picked it up in like 2011 iirc. My advice would be to start small. do easy flat surfaces then progress to curved ones. The tank is one of the hardest things to do because of the shape.

Cheers for the comments tho. It certainly turns a few heads. Wouldnt mind doing someones bike if they wanted to bring it to me.

kfournier

Sweet looking bike.  I have same bike year and will try the carbon job.  Just wondering if you could post where you ordered the HID and tail light from (brand, model # etc) as I would like to try something similar.

newbie rider
2005 GS500f - black

cs coupe

Got pretty much everything from ebay.

Just search h4 motorcycle hid (go for a 55w kit)
The tail light was the same.

TooLongSean

Throw some crash bars on the engine and cut that extra plastic under the license plate if you can. Badass bike right now though, seriously.
Lubbock, TX
Wreck'em Tech

keelayy

Sickk! You should put dual dominator headlights and that would look mean

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: keelayy on August 31, 2014, 08:36:49 PM
Sickk! You should put dual dominator headlights and that would look mean
agreed
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

cs coupe

Not sure about the crash bars but the cut down rear ill be doing as soon as I throw the L plate away. The dominator headlights is something I'd like to do soon actually. But in the mean time I've ordered a new exhaust, intake and gonna do a rejet after. See if I can free up a few ponies.

cs coupe

Few pics from my black spur ride today with the new wheel tape on. What do we think? Im still undecided on the red. think the same in white would be good...

1924365_10152702408774036_4692416487114679720_n by campbellsneddon1, on Flickr
10672406_10152702408844036_8321334721631507721_n by campbellsneddon1, on Flickr
10626642_10152702408939036_2162858332842041535_n by campbellsneddon1, on Flickr
10620767_10152702409064036_2651183240654335831_n by campbellsneddon1, on Flickr

cs coupe

So ordered a few parts on ebay recently.

Dismantled my bike to re jet the carbs after fitting my new shorty pipe exhaust the other day only to realise the pod filters I have are the wrong size (ordered 54mm at the advice of the internet. Need a 60mm to fit I think.

Anyways. A sneak preview of the shorty pipe, and a few pics of what ive ordered.

$_12 by campbellsneddon, on Flickr
GS500Links by campbellsneddon, on Flickr
001 by campbellsneddon, on Flickr
002 by campbellsneddon, on Flickr

This is how she currently sits awaiting the new pod filters.

Gonna lower the rear about 2 inches and the front an inch.

Krav

Why would you lower the back?  :icon_confused: Not for looks i guess? and if anything to improve handling, ive read making the back ever so slightly higher improves handing.

Anyhow, your 54 diameter podfilters. I've got those fitted to my bike aswell. I used the tubes from my og airfilter to connect em to my carbs. I suggest you have a look at my page project page, where you can see how i made my 54mm podfilters connect to my carbs.
"The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something" - Aristotle

"The leg of a baby is stronger than the balls of Muhammad Ali" - Imi Lichtenfeld

ShowBizWolf

Love that tail light!  You have done very nice work, love the pics!!  :star:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

cs coupe

I naturally assumed that the lower the centre of gravity, the better. Ill have a go and see how it feels. If it is worse ill just revert to stock at a loss of $50 big woop. Got a day off next week so hopefully I can get it all back together and see how the rejet feels.

MARider

Quote from: cs coupe on September 20, 2014, 02:13:12 AM
I naturally assumed that the lower the centre of gravity, the better. Ill have a go and see how it feels. If it is worse ill just revert to stock at a loss of $50 big woop. Got a day off next week so hopefully I can get it all back together and see how the rejet feels.
a lower center of gravity does help but not in the way you think. you're not getting the weight lower really by lowering the rear. By raising the rear (or lowering the front) will make turn in faster. you need to find the right balance though to much and it will be unstable to little and well whats the point.

cs coupe

Haven't updated this for a while,

Finally got the bike up and running with new jets, pulls really well now. Not so much more top end power but heaps more mid range. Exhaust is ridiculous but fantastic at the same time.

Decided not to fit the lowering links so next on the 'to do' list is to paint the exhaust again (last paint didn't last) and fit the clip on handle bars. Also going to remove the L plates when I pass my test (gonna book on Monday) and cut the fender at the rear down to a better size. Then Ill be fairly happy with it I think.

Removed the R decals too.

Also purchased an r1 which I haven't registered yet but will do soon. Cant wait to get out on it.

cs coupe

Managed to get some more done to this today.

Painted the exhaust and rear bar and fitted the clip-ons. Very pleased with the results. Riding position seems much more sporty and the front is lower which should improve turn in from what everyones saying.  Cant wait to take it a good ride to see what its like now.

[URL=http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/Campbell_Sneddon/media/011_zpse5ac5e37.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Krav

pardon my french but:

YOUR BIKE LOOKS f%$king SWEET!

please dont warn me :p
"The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something" - Aristotle

"The leg of a baby is stronger than the balls of Muhammad Ali" - Imi Lichtenfeld

cs coupe

thanks man, tok it for a ride yesterday. Clip ons make such a difference. Feels sooooooo much better. Could us a steering damper to smooth out the steering or its possibly something ill just get used to. Seems almost too responsive. Ill see how I go. Highly recommended upgrade. Not a hard job either. Not as comfortable but im 25 so not that bothered. Riding position is now similar to the r1.

cs coupe

so managed to sell my gs500 for good money and got a good deal on this to replace it so I've basically upgraded for $50 it works out to be.

2001 r6
only got 21,000 km on the clock and its been owned by an older guy so its not been abused. Very very happy with it.

Such a blast to ride feels like it has vtec when the power band comes on song. Prob easier to learn how to ride quickly on this than the r1 too.

Had it for all of 3 mins before I fitted hid headlights, led number plate light and ordered some more goodies for it.

anyways, pics:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk