News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

1989 and 1996 gsE part out! Most sold, only scrapes left..

Started by steezin_and_wheezin, March 28, 2012, 07:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steezin_and_wheezin

EDIT:Most all parts are sold, thanks again twinners! Check below to see if there's anything else left!

OG Post: I recently picked up 2 bikes a 1989 with a bad engine(frame is in the process of getting titled) and a 1996 with good engine/titled frame and 16k on the clock. I picked them up with intentions of using some parts on my 06 parts bike, and rebuilding 1 bike from the ground up. After taking inventory, I realized I'd have to put more money into getting the 1 complete together then I'd like. SO I am looking to part these out. BOTH bikes are torn down to bare frames, and I have sorted, boxed, and stored the parts. I can have to parts boxed and shipped ASAP.

1996:
The 96's frame is primed and ready for paint. I have the title in hand(with 0 typos!!) The engine has 16k on it and is in good shape, has some paint chipping off the valve cover(top cover) other than a good cleaning it visually looks to be in great condition. With new oil, filter, plugs, etc. she'll be a great engine. The guy i bought it from was a cool guy, had another 06 gsF.  He said the engine fired up and was running before they pulled it out of the frame(they were painting the frame). It has been sitting for a little over a year wrapped in plastic garbage bag and stored in his shed.

1989:
The 89's frame is painted a fugly color, but I am in the process of getting the title for it. I will either sell titled/untitled however you'd like. The 89's engine is in rough shape. I will be parting the engine out as well. Cases are in OK shape.

Here's a quick list i put together for my inventory:
(MORE PHOTOS WILL BE POSTED WHEN I GET SOME TIME)

1989:
chain guard $free + shipping

Random bit:
gas tank - terrible shape $free + shipping
rear wheel and hub $free + shipping

ALL other parts have been sold!!!

PAYMENT - Paypal addy-  steezin_and_wheezin@yahoo.com

This is my third GS500 part out on here, and everything will be sold at a fair Twinner rate :thumb:

Post up or PM with parts you need, and your offer. 'Preciate it!

SOLD LIST
1989 Headlight(w/all mounting hardware)
1989 Wiring Harness
1996 Blinkers
1996 Engine
1996 Wiring Harness
1989 Sprocket cover
1989 cdi and batt box
1989 signal generator
1996 cdi
1996 Carbs(and spare 94 set)
1996 Gauges
1996 Kickstand
1996 Fork legs
1989 Cylinder head
1989 Fork Legs with reflectors
1996 Triples w/ingition and key triple
1996 Seat lock
1996 Fender and fork brace
1996 Front wheel
1989 Frame
1996 Gauges
1989 Front Fender
1996 Throttle Tube
1989 Rear Fender
1989 Fork mounting brackets
1996 Grab bar
1989 Seat lock/latch
1996 Front master cylinder
1989 Engine(bottom end)
1996 Seat
1996 taillight
custom fiberglass'd tail
Horn
Rectifier
rear brake lever
rear brake complete
solenoid
carb boots
seat seen
valve cover
rear rotor
front rotor
rectifier
battery box
chain guard
rear sets
shock and knuckle
rear brake complete
controls
misc cables form 89 and 96
headlight fork brackets
96 frame, swing, brake stay
2 shabby pipes
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

Tombstones81

ugh nvm.
posted before I let my brain catch up.

never good to buy used sprockets... DUH!

my bad.

good luck with the sales!
94 GS500
01 Engine
Personally repainted!  (Traded)

87 Honda VF700C Magna
(Super Magna)

walkthejosh

Interested in the top triple and bars if they're the stock 89 clipons. PM sent.
2004 GS500F
Jardine RT1 Exhaust
K&N Lunchbox

Soloratov

Looking for good condition (no cracks or splits) intake boots if either bike has them.

steezin_and_wheezin

josh- replied to yer e-mail; I'll be using the top triple, clips, and bars for my 2006 build. Unless I get an offer I can't refuse, i'm going to have to hold onto these, sorry.

Soloratov- i'll check the parts and get you some photos asap

Going to try and get as many photos as i can on lunch, but will have All photos updated after work tonight

Juan1

I'm definitely interested in the ignition pick-ups/pulse generators if they are available.
1982 Kawi GPZ-750, 1998 GS500.

Tombstones81

This crap keeps up, im def going to be after that 96 running engine! ><  :2guns:  :technical:
94 GS500
01 Engine
Personally repainted!  (Traded)

87 Honda VF700C Magna
(Super Magna)

steezin_and_wheezin

PM'd ya Juan!

@ Tomb - I actually have 1 person in line for the engine. I'll be updating the list with pending sale tonight. I've got ya on the list though!!

I took photos of the frames on lunch(see original post.) Didn't feel like getting grungy so the rest will be photo'd tonight.

I have this photo of the fiberglassed tail section from when I was unloading. Wanted to post it as I think its a pretty cool part. Someone's put some time into it, and I would let it go for cheaper to see it on someone's bike! I believe its made to fit another stock taillight, but not sure which model..

Dizzledan

Does the fiberglass tail fit the E seat or the F seat? I'm digging the retro rounded look. Could you post some more pics of it please?

shonole

Quote from: Dizzledan on March 28, 2012, 09:26:15 PM
Does the fiberglass tail fit the E seat or the F seat? I'm digging the retro rounded look. Could you post some more pics of it please?

x2.  That looks awesome.  Does it make it a solo as well?
2004 SV650n - Blue

racinmason85

steezin_and_wheezin

Got some more time with it last night, photo'd some more of the 89's parts. A few updates on some of the parts

1989's ENGINE- i was incorrect about this thing! Must have had a bad top end, got a better look after i got the cyl jugs off and piston heads off.  The bottom end is in great shape! peeping down inside the crank seems to be in excellent shape. was free spinning with no problem at all! i found the 89's speedo and it had ~2500 miles on it!

HEADLIGHT - I had wondered why the headlight still had the wiring harness attached. Well i found out - The PO has stripped 1 of the screws holding the housing on the light. I don't feel like putting any efforts into getting the stripped screw out so i will be selling the headlight with the full wiring harness and controls. I won't be adding additional price on for that, hell i'll be letting it go cheaper since you'll have to get the stripped screw out.  I have a Sale pending on the light.

@ dizzle and shonole - the tail is for the E seat, and doesn't make it a solo. Looks like he just shaped the end of tail. I will get some more photos with a seat if ya want, but here's a couple more angles.  Shoot me an offer!!

e007dw

I'm interested in the '89 wiring harness, coils, & pretty much anything electrical.  PM Sent.

daski-emt

any chance on a large capacity gas tank?
1994 GS-500E "Commuter Combo"
K&N Air filter/jets(soon)
6000k HID Headlight
Cortech Saddle bags
SlipStreamer Windscreen

steezin_and_wheezin

UPDATED THE ORIGINAL POST WITH THE SOLD LIST!!

@ e007dw - pm'd ya. wiring harness is sold, but i have the CDI and rectifier

@ daski  - only have a E style tank that is in terrible shape, actually i do have a 2006 tank, but its pretty rusty inside. pm me, i'd let it go for super cheap

oz353

My brother wants me to build my white bike for him. To do so ill need a frame... Pm me a quote for the 96 and the 89 frame. Ill see which one he wants.
'92 GS500E
'89 US factory clip ons
RELOAD fork brace
Bridgestone S20R evo tires 110/70 17 140/70 17
.85 sonic springs & Bel ray fork oil
K&N Lunchbox & rejetted carbs
Vance and Hines full exhaust
Suzuki GSXR600 750 TL 1000 - REAR FOOT PEGS as found on gstwinswiki
R6 rear shock

dropitlow88

how terrible is terrible on the gas tank? and how much for the little plastic tail piece?

steezin_and_wheezin

Just got home, I went and met up with Matt, a fellow member, and sold the 96's engine, harness, and sprocket cover to him. Cool guy, thanks for the great business mang!!

@ oz - pm'd ya!

@ dropitlow - its pretty damn terrible hahah, surface rust on the outside with a rusted inside as well. i'll get photo right now. sent you a pm as well

steezin_and_wheezin

89's cdi and batt box went on craigslist!

Zwerski

Fender extender in good shape? If so, dibs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk