News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

What have you done for your bike today????

Started by qwiky, July 29, 2010, 07:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragecage23

Quote from: fraze11 on August 07, 2010, 07:24:56 PM
Quote from: ragecage23 on August 03, 2010, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: Camel on July 29, 2010, 06:20:14 PM
Any pics of that, I'd like to mount my Veypor somewhere behind the cluster but can't find a spot I like...

Sorry for the wait, but I took some finally.

If you need better pictures let me know, I'll be glad to help out further.
What specific RAM Mount model is that and will it hold a Garmin nuvi GPS?  I have a Nuvi 255.  I'll assume you have no interference when steering etc...

Here's what you'll need:
a mount
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049052057090085/Default.aspx

a cradle
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045072079076045071065050052085/Default.aspx

and that's it. For me, i have a small interference, but because the back of the tach and speedo is rounded it doesn't matter.
Previous bikes: 2002 Ninja 250R
                       2009 Suzuki GS500F (rest in peace)
Current bike: 2007 Kawasaki ZX-10R

Suzuki Stevo

Put it up for sale today for $3000 with 4000 original miles

I Ride: at a speed that allows me to ride again tomorrow AN400K7, 2016 TW200, Boulevard M50, 2018 Indian Scout, 2018 Indian Chieftain Classic

mister

Quote from: Suzuki Stevo on August 07, 2010, 11:28:45 PM
Put it up for sale today for $3000 with 4000 original miles

Gonna replace it with something or now just alternate between the VStrom and the GSX?

Onward.

IN what you do today news... lubed the chain, put more air in the tires

Michael
GS Picture Game - Lists of Completed Challenges & Current Challenge http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGame and http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGameList2

GS500 Round Aust Relay http://tinyurl.com/GS500RoundAustRelay

Suzuki Stevo

Quote from: mister on August 08, 2010, 01:34:08 AM
Gonna replace it with something or now just alternate between the VStrom and the GSX?
I bought the GS500F right before Suzuki started importing the GSX650F, now that I have the GSXF the 500 gets less and less use. I really enjoy riding it but I am running out of room in the garage, especially since I also bought a Ninja 250R SE today  :woohoo:

My Garage is totally hosed with bikes...I'm selling my CH80 also

I Ride: at a speed that allows me to ride again tomorrow AN400K7, 2016 TW200, Boulevard M50, 2018 Indian Scout, 2018 Indian Chieftain Classic

plewis51

Anaconda

Wrecked my bike over the Weekend. Was not a good idea to ride in the mountains when it was super foggy and getting dark at the same time.......any ideas on fixing a slightly dented tank

SlimKlim

Put a motor together and positioned it under the frame to go back in. Hopefully tomorrow it will get bolted in and fired up. Cheesus Crust I hope it runs.

Toogoofy317

Washed "ole boy really well. WOW I actually have white rims not black ones. One rain and I'm sure it will change back. Lubed up the chain, checked the oil, and went around checking nut and bolt tightness. Glad I did. Found out the clip to my left front peg was gone. I was one shimmy away from no peg or being able to shift :mad:

Then I rearragned my extra nuts and bolts for the GS. Yeah, I was bored!

Mary
2004 F, Fenderectomy, barends, gsxr-pegs, pro grip gel covers, 15th JT sprocket, stock decals gone,custom chain guard,GSXR integrated mirrors, flush mount signals, 150 rear tire,white rims, rebuilt top end, V&H Exhaust, Custom heel and chain guard (Adidasguy)

Firewalker

Put on some new mirrors......was missing the left and the right was krap-o-la!!!  Such a difference...... Took her for a ride to her favorite mexican place....... she wasn't hungry so I ate for her.

:D
Quote from: ohgood on August 30, 2010, 06:00:53 PM
... now we have all this geewiz crap with syntho-titty-farkle to eat your money. money is for gas. gas = fun. doit.

:)

gotkids

Stripped and painted the exhaust manifold.........it came up very nice.

Twism86

Quote from: Toogoofy317 on August 09, 2010, 08:54:32 PM
. Found out the clip to my left front peg was gone. I was one shimmy away from no peg or being able to shift :mad:

I lost a left foot peg on my dirt bike once.... that was a terrible 5 miles back to the truck.

Washed the bugs off the GS yesterday~
First bike - 2002 GS500E - Sold
Current - 2012 Triumph Street Triple R
"Its more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"

Tom

Scrumpy

Replaced blown bulbs in the speedo and high beam indicator, figured out the high beam wasn't working due to one of the PO cutting the wire in the switch housing so bit of solder and tape and its back in action. Waiting on drive gear to get the tacho working again, so that will be next week. Now just to get a bit of cash together to get a windshield.  :thumb:

romulux

Quote from: burning1 on August 11, 2010, 10:49:23 AM
I sold it. :(

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=53134.0

Rockster was the bike I was in love with when I was 10 or 12, long before I owned any powered 2-wheel vehicle.
GS500K1

I don't know anything about anything.  Follow suggestions found on the internet at your own risk.

Grommett2k

I gave mine the day off. Drove the truck in to work today.

pandy

Today I gave him a snuggle and a lil scrub here and there. Tomorrow, I will ride him hard and put him away wet!  :woohoo:
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

Firewalker

Installed new petcock and shock.  Gave her a drink after waiting 4 days for por 15 to dry.  Took her for a spin......she liked me being on top!  Teehee :cool:
... now we have all this geewiz crap with syntho-titty-farkle to eat your money. money is for gas. gas = fun. doit.

ragecage23

Finally did a fenderectomy! and integrated turn signal...will post pictures if people want.
Previous bikes: 2002 Ninja 250R
                       2009 Suzuki GS500F (rest in peace)
Current bike: 2007 Kawasaki ZX-10R

Firewalker

skirecs

warmed it up just enough so the clutch doesn't slip and then beat the piss outta it for 20 miles or so between classes

ive got pod air filters sitting here waiting to be installed, but then ill need new jets, and a new clutch

ive got new turn signals sitting here waiting to be installed, but then ill need to take off the plastics to fiberglass, bondo and paint them

just dont wanna spend any more money on it when its so old

decisions decisions

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk