News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

What have you done for your bike today????

Started by qwiky, July 29, 2010, 07:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Watevaman

installed the new clutch lever today

so shiny compared to the old one
Bike: 1990 GS500E (Vance & Hines full system, K&N Lunchbox, BM Clubmaster bars, Katana rear shock, 0.90 Sonic Springs), 2000 ZRX1100 (Kerker slip-on)

adidasguy

Quote from: slicknezz on April 16, 2014, 04:28:01 PM
Idk how it happened either! Tore it down and was  peaking around and am like WTF!  I would like to know if that's happened to anyone else. The wiring  still needs tiding up.
Possibly a small rick or grain of sand or something hard and small was under the shim. Eventually it broke because it wasn't sitting flat in the bucket.

Janx101

a small rick?  ;) .. what .. like Moranis?  :icon_mrgreen:

Watevaman

Bike: 1990 GS500E (Vance & Hines full system, K&N Lunchbox, BM Clubmaster bars, Katana rear shock, 0.90 Sonic Springs), 2000 ZRX1100 (Kerker slip-on)

adidasguy

Put on the Givi racks on the Wee.
Swapped out the side stand for a Soupy's Performance adjustable side stand.

jacob92icu

I am into buying bikes that people have given up on and fixing them up!

RIP Patrick Lajko, I miss you man.

adidasguy

New member of the West Seattle GS500 Club!
He just stopped over with his 1999 yellow GS500. Tomorrow will be a full maintenance day for his new bike.
He will join the board (so far he has been lurking on the board)

We must have the highest concentration of GS500's in the country! And lots of them within a couple miles radius!

peteGS

Few things this week... bastardised my Dynatek as the left module carked it and I still had a spare good left module... swapped the SH532 for a SH775... which is huge! Had to mount it with the fins perpendicular to air flow unfortunately but there is no other way to do it... still need a new stator though dammit...

And new Avon Roadriders to replace the Sport Demons. The main reason for the swap is the Avons come in better sizes for the 450 and she feels much more planted in the twisties now, and the Avons feel like a softer/smoother ride than the SD's which is interesting.

And got out for a nice ride on Saturday and took Stator the GS Resources mascot along for the journey (he was also helping work on the bike so he says).

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

Does that bear Dry Hump your tyre like that all the time?? ... Little pervert! ;)

adidasguy

Gave the Wee 2 to 3 HP more by adding a shark fin. Then added powdered milk to the bars, changed the blinker fluid and greased the tires.

New member came over. We added the signature chain guard. Replaced handle bars. Fixed blinkers. Replaced front sprocket. Lubed and adjusted chain (he's ordering a new one). Replaced clutch lever. Did more but now I forget.

peteGS

Quote from: Janx101 on April 20, 2014, 10:36:42 PM
Does that bear Dry Hump your tyre like that all the time?? ... Little pervert! ;)

Hahahaha yeah he's a strange little fella! He just came from NZ so that sorta says a lot really...  :cookoo: :flipoff:

Be glad you weren't there when he spotted my pipe for the first time! I get a lot of compliments on it but he went over the top...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

jdoorn14

Quote from: peteGS on April 20, 2014, 02:41:15 PM

And got out for a nice ride on Saturday and took Stator the GS Resources mascot along for the journey (he was also helping work on the bike so he says).

Wow. Reminds me of the little "mascots" my wife and her college roommate bring on trips. Not much I can do except shrug and accept the crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems it has become necessary to qualify my posts:
I am/am not trying to start an argument. This post is/is not intended to be a personal attack. I am/am not merely attempting to present a different viewpoint.

Select the words that apply to you.

peteGS

Hahaha... crazy is the right word for it!  :cookoo: :D
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ndlsjk

Delkevic SS70: Installed
Spark Plugs: Replaced
Tach Drive Cable Seal: Ordered
Take a ride: ????

Let's hope the rain holds off long enough to get her out and take a little cruise!

Toiletbooger

peteGS

Starter motor refused to cooperate when leaving work yesterday and my new stator arrived, so last night removed stator cover and starter motor. Stator looks somewhat fried and starter motor brushes are somewhat screwed.

Hopefully I can get parts today as tomorrow is a public holiday and I'm supposed to be riding Saturday!

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

New stator in, had to get an auto electrician to do my starter motor, but she now starts and charges so all is good with the world :)

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

cWj

Black stove polished the pipes.

That Rutlands is fine stuff. Too bad it doesn't come in chocolate.

kensully

recovered my seat. I'm impressed with myself since this was my first time and attempt
A wise man can learn more from a foolsih question
Than a fool can learn from a wise answer!

centuryghost

This is the old cb400f cruisin' the viaduct

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk