News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Doctors advice. heed it

Started by yamahonkawazuki, August 30, 2015, 11:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

today i go in at 4pm for a length tuneup and hydraulic tuneup as well on leg. ( yay for complimentary lol) i wonder if capt. hook will be there?
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

yamahonkawazuki

workin on prosthesis. getting used to using it. had it off this morning, and for some reason involuntarily sat down hard. damn that burned. slowly easing :S
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Janx101

Keep the walking stick handy bro!.. Or find a pretty brunettes lap to land on!:thumb:

I'm a Professional Truck Driver.. Get me out of the "circus" i work at!

yamahonkawazuki

Indeed. I find women and elderly people holding the door for me. Those I've always held the door for. I.e. a gentlemanly thing to do. Hard to accept for that reason. But I DO use a hand crutch as a walking stick.  I still have to modify it with adds piston.  Which is still on my cane.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

giving prosthetic a break for awhile. pain in bone is INTENSE and swelling hadnt decreased in a long while either. :"(
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Janx101

Bone in your short leg or other side? Pain in bone bro.. Ask the doc?!

I'm a Crazy MotherTrucker!!

yamahonkawazuki

on the stumpy side. got the shrinker sock on it right now to see if swelling will go down. going to give it a few days. took a shower earlier. years ago added a shower stall to a converted linen closet. it was comical to say the least. but i ended up being a straight guy coming out of the closet after it was over. lmao.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Janx101

Gotta be washed bro!... Again from what ive observed in others and on tv over the years rather than real medical knowledge!!... Barring some carry over infection from surgery (not that long ago really) swelling and discomfort post prosthetic fitment 'might' be due to a fitment or movement stump/device issue? .. Make sure when you have your prosthetic follow up that you press the point of if you have noticed your new leg cup slipping around on the stump at all!? .. Getting used to it is one thing but making sure its not being "the uncomfortable sock" causing irritation and swelling is primo important! ... And making sure that you and they are on same page of understanding whats happening. ... "They'd have to realise" just wont cut it! :thumb: 

I'm a Crazy MotherTrucker!!

john

This entire thread made me depressed.
There is more to this site than a message board.  Check out http://www.gstwin.com

Fear the banana hammer!

yamahonkawazuki

Me too.  :( .  hoping thks phase of life is over with. i.e. no more losing body parrts lmao. :technical:
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

pandy

But I managed to get you back here john!  You can check in any time you want, but you can't never leave! :flipoff: (yeah, I know double negative, but I don't know exact lyrics  :flipoff:)

Sometimes, life is depressing. No more losing parts we CAN see, no more losing parts we CAN'T but would also sure be nice to still have. Sigh. Suck is life (sic).  :woohoo: :woohoo: But it's weekend!  :cheers:

love,
pandy  :kiss3:

I have hopefully the last flu of the season *snuffle* My excitement will be a third coffee and an extra blanket. Once I'm completely through the delerious phase, it'll be interesting to see what I've done to my laptop.  :technical:
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

yamahonkawazuki

greetings oh mighty one just dealing with major pain in good leg bones. as well as knee joint, tight tendons etc. ddriving me batsh*t crazy. da stump aggrivates me too , the nerves iin it. yay phantom limb pain lol. btw loved the hotel california post reply nice work my friend.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

pandy

Seemed a propos. I haven't read every post, so this may have been covered. Have you applied for SSDI? That would be one less thing you have to worry about. I know you're young and I know you have plenty of life left in you. Plenty easy to get off SSDI later when you feel better. Better right now to not have to worry about paying rent, etc. Yeah, I know I'm buggin' ya'. ;-)

yamahonkawazuki

they  "say" ive not worked enough in 10 years to qualify. got to round up ethra (bus) fare to go to ssa offfice in oak ridge to get copy of that denial letter, then go back to atty office, then begin anew. denial was in august.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

pandy

Possible you might have to start over again given the amount of time since denial.....don't give up, though...that's what they hope is that we won't give up. If you've earned the benefits, don't let them take them from you.

yamahonkawazuki

not worked enough in 10 years to qualify. my a$$. there are times ive wanted to give up entirely. but i wont do that. tn being a right to starve state. makes things difficult. EXTREMELY. also no medicaid unless i have kids. wth, so ive ncy boy to go create something i cant afford....to save my arse lmao. good logic there guvna. methinks its time to relocate soon. thats a given. but that takes fundage. to get that i have to work, which at this point isnt possible. not on that scale anyways. C'est La vie lol.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

motoMechE

Hey man, just wanted to chime in and say that there are probably more people than you realize reading and wishing you the best along the way! I think anyone who has been through some s*** knows how hard it is to figure out the right thing to say in consolation that, despite best intentions, is both meaningful and "feels" genuine.

Cheers to your fight and best of luck! :cheers: When life kicks ya in the nads,  keep gettin back up just to spite that MFer just like you have been.

Also, just curious, you have any other interests to keep you distracted, like reading/video games, etc? Midday soap operas and Jerry Springer don't count...  :icon_lol: If I know anything, it's that there's nothing more maddening than sitting around with nothing to think about other than how much pain you're in!  :2guns:

yamahonkawazuki

wished i did have video games to wear out, but since my internet is off on a big scale, i cannot download  my games i own off of my steam account. ( files are HUGE :( , averaging 10+gb each)   tv wise ive no cable. just over the air tv. so ive seen pretty much everything  3 plus times lol. except for maybe 3 episodes of m.a.s.h. beyond that not much to get into lol. goin stir crazy lol :/
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

motoMechE

That would be maddening... I can empathize with that much for sure. All my work travel these days tends to be as far from civilization as possible  :cookoo: The outdoors and national parks are great until it gets dark too early to enjoy wherever you're visiting by the time you finish the job. And yet... I am still not tired of the beer and wings routine that travel lends itself to!  :cheers:

Being a huge enginerd, my fall backs were always pre-downloaded audiobooks from the library and my RetroPi kit to keep the boredom at bay... never very practical to take anything Steam-capable with me. Get a lot of reading done too, which I suppose is a good thing!

yamahonkawazuki

thought at some point in future,. building a pc case making it wood or wood grain, using analog vu meters for audio levels. if wood id have to make sure cooling was up to snuff.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk