News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

1991 GS500E partout in Minneapolis MN

Started by markmakeitso, August 21, 2016, 03:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trwhouse

Hi,
I'd be interested in the CDI box and the stock exhaust.
Would you be willing to help me ship the exhaust via Greyhound, which might be the cheapest way to send it to PA?
Let me know and thanks,
Trwhouse  :)
1991 GS500E owner

markmakeitso

Hi Trwhouse,
Saw your ad earlier, but figured someone closer would come through. Here we are.

I could play ball on shipping via Greyhound if you'd really like. Just played with their shipping estimator, station to station with a random PA zip code looks like around $90 to 110.

I'd like to sell my stuff, but honestly think this might be a better bet for your situation:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/96-Suzuki-GS-500E-500-E-used-Exhaust-Muffler-Pipe-Silencer-14301-01DC0-H0/391555013356?epid=1483848684&hash=item5b2a7f5aec:g:H2wAAOSwOdpX0XsT&vxp=mtr

Probably better shape than mine, closer, presumably to-your-door shipping, very likely cheaper. When you're done painting the current system you could probably sell this one for a good chunk of what you paid for it.

The fink

Would you sell me the bottom most engine to frame mounting bolt? The one that uses the two spacers.  :cheers:
Be who YOU are, and say what YOU feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

markmakeitso

Hi fink,
Yeah, that should be doable. Didn't do a bang up job labeling those bolts, I was mainly focused on not tipping the whole engine off my precarious floor jack arrangement. Will make sure I get you the right one though. Actual shipping charge plus a couple bucks okay?

PM me and we'll hammer out details.
Thanks,
Mark

Trwhouse

Hi back, Mark,

Thanks but I did see the eBay pipe earlier and it is VERY rough. Look at that crappy pipe end!  :)

Anyway, I can survive without a pipe and will paint mine this winter, I guess.

But I still would take the CDI box as a spare.

OK?
Thanks,
Todd  :)
1991 GS500E owner

markmakeitso

Morning.
Both The fink and Trwhouse have PMs. Respond back with names and shipping addresses and I'll ship the parts out soon.

Thanks!

oilheadron

I could use the signal generator.

Thanks,
Ron

The Buddha

I'd like carbs with cables if you got those, headlight and guage cluster.
Send me a $$$ to zip 29063.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

markmakeitso

Sorry for the delay, didn't stop by the forum for a little bit.

oilheadron and The Buddha both have appropriately apologetic PMs.

Updated parts list that instrument cluster is gone.

Thanks for reading,
Mark

markmakeitso

Both The Buddha and oilheadron have packages on the way in the gentle embrace of USPS. Thank you gentlemen, please PM me if there are any issues.

GSRiderDad

I am interested in the magneto rotor and the gear shifter shaft if still available. How much would they be shipped to Redmond, WA 98074? Thanks!

saxij

Hey do you still have the headlight assembly?? Let me know, thanks!
-saxij

markmakeitso

I do. A couple nibbles on that, but no one has taken it off my hands. There's a quick description in the parts listing on the bottom of page 1. Could take some more pics for you if desired.

jpfeiffer14

still have the wiring harness and the starter? Also do you by any chance have the left mirror/clutch perch?

markmakeitso

Hi jpfeiffer14,
Yes to all 3. Starter worked well for testing, and the harness looked pretty good when I looked over it. I definitely have a perch, with lever and adjuster in place, but it would be prudent for me to check for straightness and the threads before we get too excited. I'll be back home on Sunday to check them out. If you'd like some or all of those feel free to PM me an offer (plus actual shipping charge).

Thanks,
Mark

jpfeiffer14

Do you also have the throttle tube and the brake lever? that brings it to the perch, clutch lever, wiring harness, brake lever, and throttle tube. grips if they're in decent condition too.

markmakeitso

Not sure on the throttle tube, and pretty sure the brake lever is tweaked from a tipover. I'll check on grips for you too. New replacements aren't real spendy, that might be an easy way to go for those.

Have fun,
Mark

markmakeitso

Dropped a bunch of prices the other day, today I'm shipping out a box of miscellaneous fun to Ed (thank you sir).

Thanks to everyone who's bought parts, I'm down to only 4 boxes of parts, plus stacked wheels and loose engine. Kind of like progress.

Have fun,
Mark

markmakeitso

Hello,
I'll be out of state for 3 weeks starting August 4th, and probably won't have any internet access during that time. Feel free to post or PM if you want parts, but it'll likely be late August before I can respond or ship stuff out.

Have fun out there,
Mark

markmakeitso

Hi everyone,
Still got a couple boxes of parts, plus some bulky stuff. Would love for someone to take it off my hands. Cut prices on page 1, and if you showed up in person in Minneapolis I'd shower you with relative treasures for a pittance. Have some new pics of my remaining stuff, I'll try to get it uploaded to the linked photo drop soon.

Thanks,
Mark

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk