News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Backfire Moto - FARKLING UNBELIEVABLE!

Started by adidasguy, May 16, 2012, 01:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adidasguy

Anyone going to Backfire Moto tonight?
OK - I went.

Well, blocks and blocks of bikes. Everyone so friendly to gather on a sunny, warm night.
WOW! the Seattle micro breweries were open. Talk about outstanding, fresh beer! Some places had free dogs & burgers (donation only). Other regular restaurants & pubs were open. Ran into so many people I knew or knew in the past and didn't know that had a bike or even lived a few blocks from me.

Must have been a thousand bikes! Stretched for a couple blocks in every direction. Cool thing was everyone was so great! No problems, no issues, no fights, no cops. Just a farkling huge bunch of people and bikes of every size and type.

I pity the person who can't go to the monthly Backfire Moto event in Seattle!

rat bikes to POS to amazing bikes you want to drool over. EVERYTHING was there from under 50cc's to big ass things.

Here are some highlights:

Suzi was there. The only GS500 I saw.

Micro brews open! What could make the evening any better?

This is a street fighter!

Droooooollllllll

adidasguy

WOW! This was mind boggling!

Here's the facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Backfire-Motorcycle-Night/343387581034

Kijona

SAFE-T

adidasguy

Quote from: SAFE-T on May 17, 2012, 07:35:14 AM
Ever go to Sportbike Northwest ?
Haven't been there. I'm more into these evening or one day events rather than multi-day festivals.

yamahonkawazuki

damn am envious. gotta love the fresh squeezed juice from the beer tree Eh?, so much better than the mass produced stuff methinks
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

adidasguy

Its on for tonight. Anyone going?
Seeing postings all over the Seattle boards, it looks like it will be PACKED tonight. Perfect day in the 70's.
PM me or post here so we can find each other. I'll be riding Phenix. Hoping to park in front of the garage entrance of Hilliards Beer
at 1550 Northwest 49th Street  Seattle, WA 98107, towards the back where the parking lot is and the huge doors into the beer hall.

Look for Junior parked next to a purple and yellow CBR600.

adidasguy

Met a couple new GS500 people! Met _flatline_ and other friends. Quite an event! Next month I'll take Thumper.

I LOVED the Honda MB5. It looks like so much fun! I WANT ONE!

Phenix had a prime posing position.

As long as it has 2 wheels (or two wheels and a side car) it will be there. So much fun! Everything under the sun (except not a single Hayabusa! I think we know why.....)

The owner said this is what happens when you have a heated garage in Vancouver Canada. Too cold to ride during the winter so this is what an aircraft metal worker does to a bike. AWESOME!

Beer and Polish Sausage. Right at the micro-brewery!

I WANT ONE OF THESE! It is a Honda MB50 - a 49.cc "moped" 2-stroke that looks like a motorcycle. Only in the USA for 1 year 1982 (Google it!) I had no idea what it was when I saw it - only that it looked FUN!

jestercinti

We have something similar in Ohio called "Mid-Ohio" in July that is vintage races, vintage bikes, demo rides (dirt and street), largest swap-meet (70+ acres).  It's only a weekend though, not once a month.  Anything on 2, 3, or 4 wheels (meaning ATVs) are there.  Lots of 2-stroke bikes...that's what I like!

Jealous since Seattle is not as hot and humid (that I can tell at least) as OH.
Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

steezin_and_wheezin

Looks like a blast! most events like that over here have an overwhelming presence of cruiser bikes. They are always cool and welcome riders of any make/model. Just wish there was a mix of bike like you all have!!

Awesome photos btw adidas!!

if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

adidasguy

We have a few big rally's. Some in the Olympic mountains. Some on Vashon Island.
This is a monthly gathering. Goes all year around. And for quite a number of years.

iclrag

I've got to go to one of these, i don't live in seattle but i'm up there every week or two, especially now that i have a street legal bike!

adidasguy

Backfire is the 3rd Wednesday of the month - all year around. Obviously summer is better attended.
Stop in the West Seattle Bike Cave when you're up here.

PS: Come up this Saturday. We're hoping for good weather and a ride on Vashon Island. That's one of our favorite places to ride. Just a quick ferry ride from the West Seattle dock. Boats leave every half hour.

iclrag

adidasguy

Its that time of the month again.

New backfire Moto tomorrow.

I'll be riding Junior. Look for me somewhere in the area of the rear of Hilliards Brewery.

adidasguy

Great night! For the first time I saw GS500's! There must have been 5 there. WOW! I left cards on the ones I didn't know.
Here are a few highlights. AND a special set of moto-huffy pictures for Yama. Yes - there was a motorized bicycle!

I met the owner. She said she just got it running again. I was told the bike has been down route 66 and did wheelies on the London Bridge in Arizona.

Here is an "F" modded into an "E". There was a dent in the tank. I think  you can figure out what happened.

Junior enjoyed the evening!

And someone wanted to know how to add a spare gas tank? Here's one!

Bailing wire and zip ties held this bike together.

Something just for Yama!

yamahonkawazuki

Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Bluesmudge

I fixed the safety wire and rewired everything for more efficient use of zip ties.  :thumb:

adidasguy

It's coming up again!
Should be a great evening for bikez, beerz and foodz.

Who will be there?

I hope to take Thumper - my 1973 TS-185. Thumper has never been on an outing before. He deserves one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk