News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Solo Seat Cowls/Huggers/Parts Request?!

Started by Cowl Tech, May 29, 2008, 06:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowl Tech

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and was introduced to it due to some requests to my company, asking for a solo seat cowl to be made for these bikes.  After we have received a few requests we have decided that we are going to start production on these right away.  This is a picture of the solo cowl for the Katana that we have gotten requests to see made to fit for your bikes.  Let me know what you think.

or we have the sleek version

The goal of Cowl Tech is to put the manufacturing back in the hands of the bike owners.  So tell me what you guys want to see made, post up pictures of items you want on your bike (or items made for other bikes that you want the same style for yours).  We make items in Fiberglass, ABS Plastic, Carbon Fiber.

Also if someone could inform me the year spans for what bikes are the same fitment for products.(ie. 92-98, 99+)

Thanks and I hope that I am welcomed on this forum, and that I can help in expanding the Suzuki 500's product line.

www.CowlTech.com

JeremyP

hello! and welcome!
I'm sure we all will find your services very valuable.
Multiple people are looking for seats.
Personally, I would like to have a fly screen to fit my dual headlight set up on my 91 GS500. Possible something similar to the Buell XB fly screen.
Thank you,
Jeremy
'92 GS, K&N, yoshi, ss brake line, truck bed liner, black frame, dual headlights, led underlights, led tail light, sealed battery, 1/5 turn throttle, bar end mirrors, mini turn signals, de-californiaized, katana rear shock, progressives

guitarking135

what kind of prices are we looking at for these and what are they made from? I like the top

guitarking135

what kind of price are we looking at for on of these. I like the one on top best. Something that has a little bit of a bubble to it like the older gsxr srad's

darb85

89-00 have the same tail plastics, 01-08 should have the same tail plastics.   The rear huggers will fit all years as they are identical. 
2000 GS500E
K&N Drop in, Custom Turn signals, Kat Rear Shock, Pirreli Sport Demons, Woodcraft Rearsets. Kat Front Forks, Race tech .90, 14t

cosmiccharlie

Is the hugger in the second picture similar to what you would be making for the GS?

mojonixon

Make the hugger and the seat cowl in a affordable ABS plastic and I will buy both. Like I mentioned in the other thread, make it look factory, blending with the lines of the bike and existing plastics (F model) and figure out some way of getting rid of the ridiculus rear grab bar (Suzuki those went out in the early 90s!)and have the seat cowl cover up the gap that is left. I know it is asking alot and still be affordable but I can dream!
1974 RD 125 1st bike
1985 RZ 350 Should have kept this one!
1985 FJ 1100 Can you say sled
1981 Gpz 550 Still in the garage
2003 Ducati 749 Divorce...you know the rest.
2004 VTX 1300 Just got it
2007 GS 500F I love it and the FE is fine
Picking up pennies for a Triumph Street Triple

mojonixon

By the way the style on the black GSXF gets my vote. Except for the grab bar, did I mention I hate the grab bar?
1974 RD 125 1st bike
1985 RZ 350 Should have kept this one!
1985 FJ 1100 Can you say sled
1981 Gpz 550 Still in the garage
2003 Ducati 749 Divorce...you know the rest.
2004 VTX 1300 Just got it
2007 GS 500F I love it and the FE is fine
Picking up pennies for a Triumph Street Triple

cosmiccharlie

yamahonkawazuki

hey cowl where are you located, i may have some spare gs parts iof you need something to mock up on :thumb:
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

bombadillo

Any tail section would be a nice addition.  How much are we talking for price?  Also the ease of use thing is huge as well.  Its no fun having to remove tons of body panels just to take off the seat.  Just food for thought. Thanks for posting
GS500E with a bunch of cool stuff!

Cowl Tech

Hi everyone, sorry I havn't had the chance to reply.  Alright so here is the big question, what years have the same seat?  I know 88-00 and then after that, is it 01-03 and 04 + or is it just 01 + all have the same seat?  We are working on a GS500F.

We started working on doing the "Racerback" style cowl for the more recent years.  Which is this cowl-

They are going to be produced in high quality, mold injected, ABS Plastic.  They will attach to your seat by 4 metal tabs that will bend around the seat, which allows it to be easily and quickly detachable, so you can get full ability of having a passenger in a matter of minutes.  Who all is interested in this Solo Seat Cowl?!  These cowls will be set at the same price as our others, $159 plus $25 shipping.

What we will do is offer this cowl to the first 10 buyers at $159 with FREE SHIPPING.
Please check our website for information on how the cowls attach and pictures of the quality! http://cowltech.com/faq.php

We don't plan to stop here, but we do need requests, pictures, and other members thoughts on whether they agree or not.  (Also for what years)  If there is enough of a want/need, then we will produce it.

dgyver

Quote from: Cowl Tech on June 01, 2008, 05:17:22 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I havn't had the chance to reply.  Alright so here is the big question, what years have the same seat?  I know 88-00 and then after that, is it 01-03 and 04 + or is it just 01 + all have the same seat?  We are working on a GS500F.

89-00
01+
Common sense in not very common.

Cowl Tech

Thanks, well then there you guys have it, the first cowl will be for the 01+ GS500F.

bluelespaul

I`d be very interested in one!

post up some pics once you get some so we can get an idea of how it will look. i think this will be a great addition to the GS aftermarket
-matt

Red 1966 Mustang
Blue 2004 GS500F
Red 2000 Volvo S40 turbo

never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly... or 10 mph over the speed limit if you like your license.

littleblackjeep

I'd also be interested in one, but would like to see a pic first.

Cowl Tech

Is anyone on this forum with the 01+ bike from the Los Angeles, CA area?

Also who is all in favor of removing the grab bar?!  We need a consensus here on what you guys want or don't want.
Would everyone who wants to purchase one of these bikes be willing to remove the grab bar and have a cowl that goes on, or a cowl that will fit with the grab rail on so there is no need for removal?  Thanks

Jay_wolf

I dont use the Grab bar , but if ur making Solo Seat cowls , the grab bar is for a passenger to hold on to , where as ur trying to get the look of the sporty solo tail ,
i would have it so u take it off , because it takes a few minutes to put on or off.
2001 Gs500 , Katana Gsx Front End, K3 Tank,, Full S S Predetor System ,Bandit Rear Hugger,Goodridge S S Break Lines ,  Belly Pan , , K+N LunchBox, Probolt Bolts, FSD Undertray With Built in Lights And Indicators. 
2008 Megelli 125 SM 14bhp
1996 Honda NSR 125cc 33bhp
2001 Mercades A160  115bhp

bluelespaul

i already took my grab bar off haha, i just like the way it looks without it better.

-matt

Red 1966 Mustang
Blue 2004 GS500F
Red 2000 Volvo S40 turbo

never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly... or 10 mph over the speed limit if you like your license.

darb85

2000 GS500E
K&N Drop in, Custom Turn signals, Kat Rear Shock, Pirreli Sport Demons, Woodcraft Rearsets. Kat Front Forks, Race tech .90, 14t

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk