News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Started by madjak30, December 25, 2010, 12:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted

Quote from: spc on January 01, 2011, 11:28:02 PM
Madjak: sounds like a blessing in disguise!

Yama:  glad you're still around and kicking!

As for me....
My dad is taking me to vegas at the end of the month as a Christmas present
This is my gift to myself:

It's a 1957 acrylic and charcoal abstract by Hugh Mesibov (My favorite artist)  it's either part of the monhegan or the spontaneous/exploding landscape series.  It falls right in between datewise.
He's a lesser known, but incredibly talented and important American artist.  Gallery value on this piece would be around $20,000.  I paid a very small fraction of that.  :icon_mrgreen:

My mom got me a couple of Robert Graham shirts.

Love that abstract spc.

It's funny what one person loves another hates. I purchased this at a yard sale for $2. Was in a crappy old frame. Got it re-framed and it hangs in my living room. Do not know who painted it as the writing on the back of the painting had faded to almost invisible and it is initialled J.F on the painting itself. But an old lady from down the road could have painted it for all I care. I love it.

yamahonkawazuki

not much of a working camera, but is quite similar to this one. it had always resembled a camel to me. the canvas is from early 20th century. , other than that provenance is had to establish :technical: was always told is real. but even if not, still cool in an odd way. and way sentimental :)
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

spc

What size is it?
Provenance is basically meaningless for an original as anyone would want one of the few dozen Picasso 'experts' to authenticate it regardless of paperwork.
I would estimate that even on a low end, assuming semi-poor condition and napkin sized, it'd be worth in the 20-30k range once authenticated.

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: spc on January 03, 2011, 01:25:55 PM
What size is it?
Provenance is basically meaningless for an original as anyone would want one of the few dozen Picasso 'experts' to authenticate it regardless of paperwork.
I would estimate that even on a low end, assuming semi-poor condition and napkin sized, it'd be worth in the 20-30k range once authenticated.
almost 8 by 10 but not quite
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk