News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Excellent Afternoon

Started by prmas, April 11, 2015, 01:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prmas

hInstance,

it was  a real pleasure to meet you today. We had time for a good chat and rode some excellent roads up to Noojee and back via Gembrook and then home. It was a pleasure to ride with someone who does not want to go flat out all of the time. For me it is about enjoying the fantastic scenery that Gippsland has to offer and enjoying the twisty roads. The two GSs also enjoyed the company! I would love to ride with you again very soon. Any time that you want a riding buddy just let me know. Next time the coffee is on you! LOL.
Perhaps we can get Kiwiinoz to join us next time.   :cool:

Cheers for now,   
Macka

hInstance

:) Definitely I owe you a coffee back  :) And it was great company and a great ride with challenging roads. Definitely we need to go on future group rides together  :cheers: The only downside I saw was the sadly dirty state of my bike compared to yours, which looked immaculate. That very night I gave mine a bit of a wipe down with a rag but I really do need to clean it properly  :oops:
2012 GS500F

prmas

Ok, make sure that it is SUPER clean and shiney for our next ride. We need to set a good example for those "rough nuts" out there. If you want to you can bring it here and I can give you a motivational hand to spruce her up.

I spent some more time on both bikes today.

Suzi got a full detail and I also cleaned and lubed the chain. At 20,ooo +km there is no noticeable wear on either the chain or sprockets. It has not needed adjustment for about 5-6ooo km and I did not adjust it today. That shows the value of regular cleaning (every 3ooo km) and a good quality lubricant every 400-500km.   :technical:

The Honda got a full detail. It has a couple of rallies to get me to (600 and 1200 km) before I head off to Broken Hill and Bourke on a 3000km/8 day trip at the end of May. Iam really looking forward to that one.  :woohoo:

Let's ride together again soon.
Macka

Kiwiinoz

i seen my name haha! you guys didnt ride through trafalgar at all? i seen 2 gs500f's the other day. A white and blue one the rider had dreads and a black/grey one. Where out gippsland did you go?

hInstance

No, we didn't go through Trafalgar on that day so they must have been other people. Though the bike colours your described agree with ours. We met up at the Hungry Jacks in Longwarry North for a bite to eat and then up though Jindivik, Neerim South, Neerim and coffee break in Noojee. Then on to Gladysdale and a short cut though to near Hoddles Creek. Then down to Gembrook and down to Pakenham for the freeway home. It was a great day and you need to go riding with us  :cheers:  :)
2012 GS500F

prmas

Quote from: hInstance on April 17, 2015, 07:51:05 PM
No, we didn't go through Trafalgar on that day so they must have been other people. Though the bike colours your described agree with ours. We met up at the Hungry Jacks in Longwarry North for a bite to eat and then up though Jindivik, Neerim South, Neerim and coffee break in Noojee. Then on to Gladysdale and a short cut though to near Hoddles Creek. Then down to Gembrook and down to Pakenham for the freeway home. It was a great day and you need to go riding with us  :cheers:  :)

I agree. We need to get the three GS's together and they might attract some more! Let's organise a "threesome" soon.  :kiss3: hInstance and I could meet you at Longwarry and do a similar ride or go South this time. How about lunch at the "inline4 Cafe" or similar?  :icon_question:

Macka

Kiwiinoz

haha inline. i go there alot. Im in traralgon so i tend to ride out that way to the beach! have you guys done the pakenham to phillip island, through wonthaggi up to mirboo north(inline 4) then back toward your neck of the woods?! theres some really good roads around here! On another note i got caught in all that rain tonight on the bike coming home from work. a day after i washed her!

prmas

Yes, I have ridden those roads a few times and been to Inline4 a few times. They are nice people there. There are some great roads down that way if you can dodge the pot-holes. :2guns: 

BTW, the reason that I arranged to meet hInstance at Longwarry for our first meeting is that I got my wires crossed. I thought that it was him who lived in Traralgon, not you. It turns out that he lives only about 15 km or so from me. We could have had our first meeting much closer to home. LOL. I thought that I was being nice and meeting him half way but we both had to travel in the same direction to Longwarry.

There is another GS rider on the Forum who lives in Ferntree Gully. I have not had contact with him since last year. He goes under the name of MattyV if I remember correctly. 

Macka

hInstance

The day of the state election last year was also market day in Mirboo North, so I rode out to Trafalgar and turned right up into the hills for an absentee vote, a browse through the market and lunch at the Inline 4 cafe. Very nice  :)
2012 GS500F

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk