News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

2005 GS500F for sale! Fresh paint job and radio/MP3 player.

Started by mcg2000, January 13, 2013, 02:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcg2000

I have a 2005 GS500F that was a project bike but is now a visual stunner! At least I think so... anyways, it's for sale! When I got it, it was left unattended for a year by a military woman that couldn't find the time to ride it. So I rebuilt the top end and fixed it up cosmetically as well. The stock stickers faded from red to pink, so I repainted the entire thing. Hopefully my choice in color reflects the publics interests, haha! I also installed a radio with waterproof speakers into the dash. You could drop these speakers into a bucket of water and they would still play music! It can play MP3 music as well from your ipod or other MP3 player. It also has a wireless remote for turning on/off, changing radio stations, etc. The radio control unit itself itsn't waterproof, so its tucked underneat the seat.  It runs great and I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a road trip right now.

Tire life left: front 30%, back 60% (approximate)

Located in Starkville, MS (USA). I can deliver for a fee (gas, food & time depending on distance), but it would have to be paid for upfront. It's blue booked at $2900, but I always include a winter discount during the winter of $100, so I'm asking $2800 for now. See below for pictures. I haven't been on this forum for a while, so I forget if its okay to post my phone number. Just send me a message first and we'll exchange numbers then to be safe.

weedahoe

K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: weedahoe on January 13, 2013, 09:27:31 PM
Any pics of these speakers and radio?
would like to see that myselfits NOT an easy job to do :o
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

weedahoe

Kinda hard to sell when you dont login and see if anyone is asking questions about it or wants it

Im assuming the speakers are the Shark "bullet" type speakers
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

mcg2000

Sorry guys, I forgot this site doesn't notify of you replies. Instead of a snyde reply weedahoe, a message would have notified me of this issue since it comes to my email.

Anyways, here's the most recent photos I have. Luckily they included the speakers you guys were asking about. I don't have one of the radio installed underneath the seat. I'll take one tomorrow when its not dark. I'll make sure to check back here frequently from now on.

weedahoe

It wasn't meant to be a slick comment. It was meant to be honest because we see guys all the time post things and never come back. You can go through your profile settings and enable notifications. I'm not sure I would want to cut my dash to install them like that but thank you for the pics.
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

mcg2000

Fair enough. I apologize for the misunderstanding. I'll check out those account option.

The dash is still structually sound and rigid, but it definitely depends on the individual preference of how it looks.

weedahoe

The dash part I dont think does anything to make the cowl more solid, its just for looks.

IDK though, I have a couple of dash pieces and they are cheap so I might see what I can do. Ive got my eye on a Shark system anyway so well see whats up. Again, thanks for the pics though. They do help
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

mcg2000

Just realized I should probably brag about these things: It has a new battery. I rebuilt the top end, so it has freshly serviced piston rings, valves, head, etc. Carb was cleaned/rebuilt as well, although it was actually pretty clean when I opened it up. Forks have fresh seals/oil (rebuilt them because 1 had a slow leak).

Ooh, and if the buyer would really like, I can powder coat the rims blue, white, or whichever color you'd like. Yeah, that would look pretty sweet now that I think about it... I may just do that, white perhaps. Let me think about that, lol.

weedahoe

K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

gti5notrkt

Toyota Snr IT Project Manager
2007 GS500F

mcg2000

Yes, it is on craigslist under "North Mississippi" in MS.

It has 12K miles.

mcg2000

Bump. Now considering all offers. Please message me with your offer.

Kgallowaypa

Mis post

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk