News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

GSF goin' by my house

Started by ShowBizWolf, June 28, 2016, 10:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShowBizWolf

I bought my GS 4+ years ago and up until this year, have never seen another GS F or E in person before. I saw one a few weeks ago, one at the Thunder in the Valley rally this past weekend and now I've seen one go by my house a few times.

I live on a quiet no-outlet road and have been noticing a bike go by a few times over the past month... finally got to see it up close on Sunday and it was a GSF. I waved but didn't want to hold him up or anything... but cool, you know!!

Wondering if you're on this forum or whatever... because I'm not the type to just start a convo or whatnot in person... and I'm certainly not gonna watch outside and wait for ya to go by :icon_eek:  but it would be cool to chat about our bikes  :cheers:

Haha almost forgot... I'm in the house with the Turtle Van in the driveway LOL
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

jdoorn14

Next time you think he might ride by, have your GS outside. Maybe he'll see it and stop.
It seems it has become necessary to qualify my posts:
I am/am not trying to start an argument. This post is/is not intended to be a personal attack. I am/am not merely attempting to present a different viewpoint.

Select the words that apply to you.

ShowBizWolf

That's a good idea!! I know he saw my bike when he rode by because I was standing right next to it when I waved but idk maybe he just doesn't care lol  :icon_rolleyes:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

jdoorn14

Hmm. Maybe he just thought you were out of his league. It happens.  :D
I am/am not trying to start an argument. This post is/is not intended to be a personal attack. I am/am not merely attempting to present a different viewpoint.

ShowBizWolf

jdoorn14

Nah. I'm full of shaZam!. Ask anyone else here.

The only thing I can say for certain is that it wasn't me riding by. My GS is sitting in my garage as I put it back together in my few spare moments. Hopefully rideable tonight, but we'll see.

peteGS

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ShowBizWolf

jdoorn I hope you got your bike back together!

pete yeah if it was you you'd have better stopped and we could compare fiberglass notes!

Saw him go by last evening when I was working more on my foundation... and then again today before work when I was putting up some cement patching stuff... bah I'm not a crazy person I just want to finally see another GS in person / up close!!! But I don't have it in me to get 'em to stop. Anxiety, you win this one lol.

peteGS

Hahaha yes I understand your reluctance to wave them down! Could be interpreted as being a little... forward... haha

I'll put some floats on my 450 and come visit... hahaha
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

The Buddha

I've talked to some GS riders on the road who I flagged down, and they didn't even know what their bike was. Its sad really how clueless people are.
I've been watching a savage with a broken starter clutch idler pivot go from person to person who thinks they can fix it as the price is steadily dropping from the $1000 it was. Again clueless people who dont even bother doing the 2 mins of research it would be to figure out.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk