News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

question about eyeglass prescriptions

Started by yamahonkawazuki, July 23, 2012, 12:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

Its official. my eyes are now as warped as my mind lol. doc said i could use some correction @ distances. VERY LIGHT like .25 or something. aka optional. but wouldnt be bad to have. would be able to clearly read text on items from across the store like i used to be able. anyhoo, i got a copy of the prescription from my optometrist. can this be taken someplace else and filled? $99 for one pair is high. some places adverting that price for 2 pair etc. ( or cheaper)
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Twisted

Here you can pick up reading glasses for around $10 in the chemists (drugstore) They are not the prescription type but have different strengths.

jdoorn14

In MI, at least, optometrists are required to release your prescription to you if you request it so you can take it anywhere. Not sure if this is true in other states, though.
It seems it has become necessary to qualify my posts:
I am/am not trying to start an argument. This post is/is not intended to be a personal attack. I am/am not merely attempting to present a different viewpoint.

Select the words that apply to you.

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: jdoorn14 on July 23, 2012, 05:46:08 AM
In MI, at least, optometrists are required to release your prescription to you if you request it so you can take it anywhere. Not sure if this is true in other states, though.
i found out after posting this is nearly nationwide. some places however are still tight on contacts. ( law wise) but seems eye glasses are nearly if not totally nationwide on the copy rule/prescription release. im farming this out amongs eyeglass vendors. cause im as broke as a whore in a convent. got to get the best deal i can. if i gotta pay 99 fine. but ill get the 99 2fer, versus a single pair
".
A proud Mormon

seamax

If you have your glass prescription and your PD measurement which you can get from the eye doctor that gave you the prescription then you can order your glasses online. They are way cheaper.

I usually wait until they have buy one get one free. I have order from both these places and the frames and lens are very good.

http://www.globaleyeglasses.com/

http://www.eyebuydirect.com/

yamahonkawazuki

not sure what pd measurement means but if you mean distance between pupils i agree. its quite a bit damned chaperevery site i checked.  no matter what i looked at it was cheaper. even if i optioned it out, still saved an astronomical amount
".
A proud Mormon

jestercinti

Wal-mart has cheap glasses if you have your prescription information.

Also, this place has free stuff too.  My wife got some free glasses: http://www.coastal.com

The free pair have limited frames, but who cares, right?
Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: jestercinti on July 24, 2012, 09:04:50 AM
Wal-mart has cheap glasses if you have your prescription information.

Also, this place has free stuff too.  My wife got some free glasses: http://www.coastal.com

The free pair have limited frames, but who cares, right?
no doubt. cant Buddha Loves You @ free. will give it a look. the PD measurement will have to get asap
".
A proud Mormon

TheGoodGuy

zennioptical.com has great prices too.

Since you need single vision glasses, you can go with the 1.50 rated glasses with plastic frames and basic AR coating, and come out under 30-40 bucks.

You do need your PD distance, i think coastal has a scale you can print and have someone follow instructiosn to get your measurement, or the dr.'s office can measure you for that
'01 GS500. Mods: Katana Shock, Progessive Springs, BobB's V&H  Advancer Clone, JeffD's LED tail lights & LED licence plate bolt running lights, flanders superbike bars, magnet under the bike. Recent mods: Rejet with 20/62.5/145, 3 shims on needle, K&N Lunch box.

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: TheGoodGuy on July 26, 2012, 01:44:25 PM
zennioptical.com has great prices too.

Since you need single vision glasses, you can go with the 1.50 rated glasses with plastic frames and basic AR coating, and come out under 30-40 bucks.

You do need your PD distance, i think coastal has a scale you can print and have someone follow instructiosn to get your measurement, or the dr.'s office can measure you for that
called doc today. they wont measure pd w/o me buying from their dispensary. i held up a mm rule, and got 74.5 id say + or - .5mm
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

here we go
http://www.goggles4u.com/pd.asp
@ coastal found a NICE pair for 14.98 shipped. after using the free coupon. took almost $80 off. but will have to get the PD first and 15 dollars. lol. if that doesnt happen. can always go to walmart. these arent necessary atm. my left eye is whats known as plano. mainly needing no correction. right is -.25 so it thors distances off. aka fuzzy. cant read the gun posters at opposite end of building. used to be able to. so i may grab a pair. to use there. or when needed. mainly getting around is no hassle @ all
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

doc wont give PD unless im buying fomr their dispensary. but coastal gives a gauge to measure pd. i measured using inch rule. and converted coming up wiht 74.5mm. i have a metric rul @ shop. will use that tomorrow. then save $15 and go for it. if i dont make it to the 30th. no worries, will go to walmart
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

found a $100 pai , using coupon only charged shipping . doc wont give PD unless im buying from him. but i measured my pd using my jewelers rule. and got 74.5mm. did it three times, 74.5, 73.4and a hair under 76. but coastals choices are even numbers and .5 numbers. so its 74.5 or 75. im going with 74.5. just have to save up 15 for shipping. but still a hundred dollar pair of frames/lenses for 15 shipped is pretty damned good.
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

borrowed money from shop owner ordered glasses. 109. knocked down to 16.96 ( shipping and handling. was hte only charge. cant beat that. now i can concentrate on getting motohuffy finished
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

here in  a few days can see clearly. woot. looking forward to it.
".
A proud Mormon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk