News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

stop the apalling behavior please

Started by pantablo, December 12, 2005, 12:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajgs500

So if you want to all be commies that is fine with me!!!

cobalt135

Quote from: ajgs500I will post as much as I freakin' want and say what ever I want.  Until they either kick me off this bored or they eliminate my first ammendment rights. :nana:  :nana:  :nana:  :nana:  :nana:  :nana:  :nana:  :nana:  :nana:  :nana:  :nana:

Um, I have a feeling that this site is not a democracy :)
Craig

'05 GS500F sold to friend

2006 SV1000S

Jeff P

Oh that's my mistake!  Asking people to behave like adults and treat each other with respect, particularly when using a message board operated and paid for by someone else, makes me a commie.  :roll:  Grow up dude.  

jeff

ajgs500

Ok so will go start my own forum and only gays and lesbians will be allowed to join.  And if you have a different opinion of idea you will be kicked off.  Because anyone with a different idea or opinion is def. the devil.  Oh no one can have a sense of humor either.

Onlypastrana199

I feel like a lot of people come here to fool around and see people here as friends....its like hanging out when you can't ride your gs...if people actually went to the chat room and joked around and what not there, it wouldnt eat up bandwidth...
'93 cf two bros can, alsa cobalt blue custom paint, fenderectomy, repositioned directionals, 15t sprocket, ignition advancer, SM2's, national cycle f-16 dark sport, cbr rearsets - fully rebuilt after a crash

cobalt135

Quote from: ajgs500Ok so will go start my own forum and only gays and lesbians will be allowed to join.  And if you have a different opinion of idea you will be kicked off.  Because anyone with a different idea or opinion is def. the devil.  Oh no one can have a sense of humor either.

Go for it...good luck.
Craig

'05 GS500F sold to friend

2006 SV1000S

Jake D

It is actually very common for the government to restrict speach.  Commerical speach is restricted all the time.  Even political speach is limited in many ways.  Especially by local government.  Try handing out a political flyer within 20 feet of a voting booth.  Guess what, your speech is going to be restricted in a hurry.  But limiting political speech is very difficult.  Any such statute/ordinance has to very narrowly drawn and use the least restrictive means.  It must also not favor any one political group.  But just because we have first amendment rights, doesn't mean we have the freedom to say whatever we want.
2003 Honda VTR1000F Super Hawk 996

Many of the ancients believe that Jake D was made of solid stone.

Alphamazing

Plus, like Cobalt said. This board is NOT a democracy. The mods have every right to censor you, cut your posting abilities, or ban you from the site.

If you do stuff that intentionally infuriates people just to have a reaction, the mods can, and just might, ban you from the site.
'05 DR-Z400SM (For Sale)
'04 GS500E (Sold)

Holy crap it's the Wiki!
http://wiki.gstwins.com/

aaronstj

Quote from: ajgs500Ok so will go start my own forum and only gays and lesbians will be allowed to join.  And if you have a different opinion of idea you will be kicked off.  Because anyone with a different idea or opinion is def. the devil.  Oh no one can have a sense of humor either.
Please do.  Send us a postcard.

Also, no one really cares that you're a lesbian (ok, Ed in AZ is probably pretty upset).  But for the majority of us, it's not even an issue.  We probably wouldn't even remember if you didn't stop bringing it up.  The reason you get so much flak has nothing to do with your orientation.  It's because you're abrasive, hyper-sensitive, and fairly obnoxious at times.  You'll notice hardly anyone gives Onlypastrana a hard time (except when she's jumping to you're defense).

(This probably belongs in a PM, but I think other people probably feel the same way.  If not, I apologive for speaking for you and cluttering up this thread.)
1992 Blue Monday, Wileyco, lunchbox, 150/40/3/1, Srinath bars, progressives, fenderectomy

Borak: How come Ogg use one spear, Borak need three?
Ogg: Not spear, caveman.

Alphamazing

I totally agree with Aaron. He's right. No one really cares that you're a lesbian. I've brought up the issue that you're overly agressive and a seeming attention starved juvenile brat in numerous threads beforehand.

Now look... this thread is going down the drain. It's turned into what Pablo is telling us to stop doing.

That being said, has anyone tried using the GS powerplant in something else? My friends and I are thinking about putting it into a go kart.
'05 DR-Z400SM (For Sale)
'04 GS500E (Sold)

Holy crap it's the Wiki!
http://wiki.gstwins.com/

ajgs500

I am sure that I do come off that way.  But what I have learned that communicating via internet takes so much away from the art of communication.  When I reply you cant hear my voice inflection as if I was saying it.  You also only experience my personality through the small bit I post which is not an accurate reflection of my total personality.  Ask anyone who "knows" me.  Yes they would say I am abrasive and I can be very obnoxious but ehhhhhh???

jomei

Apparently joking is prohibited.

FOR PETES...

Look..

YOU ALL AGREED TO THE EULA WHEN YOU JOINED.  

This is a PRIVATELY RUN BOARD, NOT COMMUNITY FUNDED, YOU DON'T PAY A DIME.

Just PLAY NICE so when new people come, they are not shut out.

Please keep whatever political matters, ghey rights etc... anything that could possibly offend someone to yourself.

We do not care who is ghey, who is straight who likes bush who hates bush who likes wine and cheese or who hates asian people.

ALL I PERSONALLY CARE ABOUT IS THAT YOU PEOPLE LIKE THE GS / MOTORCYCLING.

THATS ALL.

just my two cents on THAT matter...

Jake D

One of the most respected members of this board has a child that is mentally handicaped.  

So quit with that one, 'kay?
2003 Honda VTR1000F Super Hawk 996

Many of the ancients believe that Jake D was made of solid stone.

toole2go

Quote from: AlphaFire X5I said this before, and I'll say it again; I think there need to be more forums rather than just "General" and "O&E" for us to start general threads and such. If we had more division, noobs could find answers a lot easier, and we could reduce the number of obscure topics that are "slightly general" and "slightly o&e". We should have a Motorcycle (Non GS) related forum and a Non-Motorcycle Chat forum. We could even divide up O&E. If we divided up the GS section into Forums like "Tires", "Engine and Carbs", and other more specific forums, each their own seperate forum, the search function could be a lot more use. You could search for a specific thing you wanted to know about in the specific forum about that topic.

For example, if someone wanted some info on Pirelli Sport Demons, they would have to wade through SOOO many posts if they just used the search function in the General Section. If we had a Tires forum, the information would already be concentrated in that area and would be a lot easier to find.

I second this idea for creating new groups. General should be the generic threads that people can bullshit about and leave the more technical aspects to the other forums. Start with a few new groups first and if the groups are very active then see if you can split those up. You will then end up with nicely shaped forums with active participation (i.e. no 1 post/month groups)

As for the rude search comments, I'm used to it but that's because I've been in far worse forums where RTFM is the standard response. But it could be toned down a little because it is a little shocking :x  when someone hasn't been on the internet long enough.

pantablo

Quote from: ajgs500I am sure that I do come off that way.  But what I have learned that communicating via internet takes so much away from the art of communication.  When I reply you cant hear my voice inflection as if I was saying it.  You also only experience my personality through the small bit I post which is not an accurate reflection of my total personality.  Ask anyone who "knows" me.  Yes they would say I am abrasive and I can be very obnoxious but ehhhhhh???

knowing that, try self censoring or at least trying to be a little more tactful. Assume you're addressing a room full of strangers, because you are.

Ask meaningful questions, give meaningful answers, banter playfully with each other or STFU. All of you.
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

Phaedrus

Quote from: pantabloAsk meaningful questions, give meaningful answers, banter playfully with each other or STFU. All of you.

Now THAT is what moderator's are supposed to do  :thumb:  I know I am going to make a more conscious effort to have more meaningful posts that are also a bit more polite.

Make sure you check out the "long haired hippy people, need not apply..." and "vancouver is full of asian people" threads too. Heh.
Richard died in a motorcycle accident that was at no fault of his own.  We lost a good friend and good member of this board.  Though Rich may be gone, his legacy will live on here.

Photos from the June '06 Northeast GStwin Meet

pantablo

Quote from: Phaedrus

Make sure you check out the "long haired hippy people, need not apply..." and "vancouver is full of asian people" threads too. Heh.

thanks, I will. thats the thing about moderating...since John likes this to be hands-off, behind the scenes, self moderating forum its important for everyone to make an effort to inform any of the moderators about something you see that is offensive or whatever. We're not perfect and can't always catch the threads that go south. When we do, we'll deal with it.
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

octane

niteshade

'95 GS500E stock.  In a garage far far away...

spirit33

just to agree with some of the things said.
In my line of work i wirte programs for machines. These program names all need to be in caps (some weird reason,don't ask) so i keep my caps lock on most of the time.
My first post i asked some gs related question(with caps on) . I got about 10 replies telling me where the caps lock key is and all types of crap. I know there would be quite a few 20/10 males here. (20yr old body,10yr old brain) but really its not that hard to show a little respect. We don't have any oil so we aint the enemy !

But there is it seems a lot of serious contributors out there who are a great help. Their time and help i greatly appreciate.

Funny thing is, we have a small thread going for australian riders and we don't get all this abussive stupid crap in messages.
GS 500 BLUE 02 MODEL,FULL MAGNUM,EXHAUST SYSTEM.,K&N DROP IN FILTER,REJETED & NEEDLE RAISED
CLIP ON HANDLEBARS.,FENDERECTOMY
PROGRESSIVE FORK SPRINGS

"THE FRANKLIN COVER UP" "JOHN DECAMP"
SEE HOW YOUR AMERICAN GOVERNMENT LOOKS AFTER ITS PEOPLE. ! THANK ALLAH IM AN AUSSIE !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk