News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

Batteries will have to wait a month til im able to get them. 35ah there are some at 55ah.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

peteGS

55ah? What's that for the power chair Le Mans 24 hour? :D
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

I wonder lol. Still got to grab thoae or a charger or both.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

judge sits at his bench and his first suspect is a duck. judge says so what is your name and why are you here?, duck says my name is quack, and i was convicted of blowing bubbles... judge says okay sentence is 6 months. next? duck walks up judge says what is your name and why are you here? duck says my name is quack quack, i was convicted of blowing bubbles... judge says sentence same as first. 6 mos. next? duck walks up judge says lemme guess your name is quack quack quack?, duck says no your honor, my name is bubbles
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I'm back! I think... new battery and stator on the 450 (again)... this time lost a couple of weekends in relocating the battery from the stock location into the tail piece, had to steal the Kat's small AGM. Replaced the stator but then the main fuse started blowing as the battery was so fried it was sucking over 15 amps trying to charge... despite the fact the charger said it was charged  :oops:

Anyways, back to the Kat yesterday at last and spent the whole morning being ultra careful with locating the O2 sensor bung in the headers as I really didn't want to screw them up. My welding wasn't as atrocious as I feared  :thumb:

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

Your welding looks better than mine. A local saying is my welding looks like hammered sh*t
Strong and functional yet ugly lol.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Hahahaha mine's certainly improved over what it was... recently I've actually started to get some strength to it, and my filing/grinding skills are also greatly improved  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

Hmmmm I guess I'm winning?  :woohoo:

Sock filters for the Kat arrived the other day, and a mate had three stock velocity stacks superfluous to requirements, so two are now fitted and will buy the missing one on pay day.

And I finally got the left side of the harness wrapped up. I really need to tidy the electrics tray, that's the bit I've been procrastinating on but it needs doing...

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

peteGS

Cheers CBR!! Was beginning to think I was alone in here... seems rather... quiet...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ShowBizWolf

I'm still here! I check almost every day and enjoy any and all updates :-*
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

peteGS

:woohoo: Glad you're still here ShowBiz  :thumb:

Other side of the harness got wrapped yesterday, and the harness is now off altogether ready for me to sort out around the relays and fuse box.

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Yay we have a powered Yama!!  :woohoo: :cheers: Good to hear!!  :thumb:

That horn seems somehow quite appropriate for an LPW regular poster  :icon_mrgreen:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

Have to find my gstwin stickers and put one on it. Been one on everything over the years
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

That certainly seems the right thing to do! :D

Hoping to head out to a BBQ brekky on Saturday morning but now there's a cyclone hanging around off the coast so of course there's a forecast of precipitation... typical  :dunno_black: :icon_rolleyes:

Never mind, have wet weather gear, will ride  :icon_mrgreen:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

cbrfxr67

That's sweet yama,..I wonder what mpg he gets
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Hahaha that thing is awesome!

With any luck I'll have a Kat update soon... been doing stuff but tidying up the harness is taking forever. Attempting to get it neat, tidy, and secure is not so simple.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk