Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Today

Started by Roadstergal, November 24, 2005, 12:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstergal

Mr.7

:thumb: pics

I am surprised that the lake isn't frozen, its freakin cold out, and you are more north than I am.

Hurray for motorcycles
1997 GS500E-blue
Buell signals//new metzlers//new tiny mirrors//removed ugly stickers//fixed melted front fender//that's about it

Roadstergal

The PacNW is more temperate than the Midwest.  I'm from Chicago, and the winters are warmer and the summers cooler out here.  We're farther north (the sun is setting a little after 4 these days), but I think the ocean must be buffering us.  Or something.  *shrug*

JetSwing

hey, aren't you supposed to be home cooking turkey??  :nono:

excellent photos btw  :)
My hunch was right...Pandy is the biggest Post Whore!

Roadstergal

I'm vegetarian. ;)

Thanks!

Phaedrus

Quote from: RoadstergalI'm vegetarian. ;)

Thanks!

No "Tofurkey" for you?  :mrgreen:
Richard died in a motorcycle accident that was at no fault of his own.  We lost a good friend and good member of this board.  Though Rich may be gone, his legacy will live on here.

Photos from the June '06 Northeast GStwin Meet

RVertigo

Quote from: RoadstergalI think the ocean must be buffering us.
Exactly!

Because of the size of the ocean, its temp hardly changes.  Outside influences like the sun have little effect (compared to the air)...  Having the ocean near you is like having a huge heat/cold control because it affects the temp of the air surrounding it.  That's why the coldest place on earth is land locked in the South Pole...  No ocean near by to keep it warm.

Don't get me started on the orographic influences on weather in the PNW.   :lol:

Roadstergal

I never went for tofurkey.  I like my tofu to be content with what it is.   :lol:

OK, for those who know meteorology, why does the buffering effect not work for the East Coast?   New Yawk and New Joisey have much harsher weather than Seattle.

JetSwing

weather patterns in the usa usually travel from west to east because the prevailing winds in the atmosphere in the middle latitudes blow from west to east.

on the west coast the flow is off the pacific ocean which keeps the air masses and low pressure systems that affect the west coast relatively mild compared with the east coast.
My hunch was right...Pandy is the biggest Post Whore!

Roadstergal

Sweet.  I can neener my east coast friends with impunity.

Badger

Quote from: RoadstergalI never went for tofurkey.  I like my tofu to be content with what it is.   :lol:
That is strangely refreshing.  :?  I hate it when people try to pretend that something almost entirely unlike meat tastes like meat.  If it tastes good, why can't it just be what it is?  If it's a portabello, don't try to convince me it tastes like a steak...it's a portabello damit, isn't that good enough?

They're going to give all the vegetables a complex.

ktrim

vegetarians are bad for the environment----------they kill all the plants thus creating more green houses gases ----------------------------

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
oops,  you'll need a new one of them

TheGoodGuy

Actually the effect for the PacNW is the same effect that Western Europe gets. Its warmer waters dont allow for snow fall.. the midwest and eastern US, has the effect of the landmass.. which cools more.
'01 GS500. Mods: Katana Shock, Progessive Springs, BobB's V&H  Advancer Clone, JeffD's LED tail lights & LED licence plate bolt running lights, flanders superbike bars, magnet under the bike. Recent mods: Rejet with 20/62.5/145, 3 shims on needle, K&N Lunch box.

Cal Price

South Pole ? Land-Locked? have they moved it ? something to do with global warming ??

Seriously I do see your point. I am on the west coast of Europe about on a level with St John in Canada but we get much more temperate weather because of atlantic currents and drift, gets bloody wet though!
Black Beemer  - F800ST.
In Cricket the testicular guard, or Box, was introduced in 1874. The helmet was introduced in 1974. Is there a message??

RVertigo

Quote from: Cal PriceSouth Pole ? Land-Locked? have they moved it ?
Yeah... The coldest place in the South Pole is land locked.

The South Pole is mostly land covered with ice, unlike the North Pole.  The coldest place in the South Pole is far from water.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk