News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

Rear Solo seats for sale-by JamesG

Started by pantablo, February 06, 2003, 07:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesG

{edited and copied/moved from general discussion by moderator}

I remember jamesG was taking orders for his custom race tail and I thought those posts got lost in the old posts so I copied the thread and deleted the unrelated posts (leaving the original thread intact in General Discussion forum!). Did this so I can make it sticky. He also has full carbon fiber fairings available...

By JamesG
...I have this "superstock" GS tail which you have NOW in carbon fiber or carbon kevlar for the low price of $150!

Thanks,
James Greeson
GS Posse
WERA #306

octane

JamesG

Afraid not.  This is a no compromises, racing tail. The seat pan is enclosed and is about an inch shorter than stock.  I made it to be as absolutely minimal and as light as possible, the whole thing weighs less than 12 ounces!

Now, it will fit around a stock subframe, inner fender and taillight. So if you wanted to mount it around a stock seat, you could cut the seat base portion out with a dremel tool and it would fit.  But don't tell me that when you buy it.   ;)
James Greeson
GS Posse
WERA #306

octane

Damn. Makes me wish I didn't buy that seat now! Do you have any more pictures from different angles? How "no compromises" are we talking? Could I take a long afternoon ride and not come home sterile?

JamesG

Take your seat off and tape a phone book to the subframe rails. Thats about how low it sits.
I was suprised at how comfortable it was even sitting on the plain seat.  The way I came up with for mounting it is to zip tie 1"x1"x12" blocks of high density foam to the frame rails and the seat part of the tail is supported by that. With the flexibility of the CF it acts as a cushion. I would say it doesn't even really need any seat foam except to raise the seat hight for comfort.
I wouldn't want to ride it all day on the highway, but it was disigned for road racing where you don't spend too much time sitting around. ;)    [/img]
James Greeson
GS Posse
WERA #306

JohNLA

That is one way cool looking GS. Thanks for posting :D
On his tombstone were the words "I told you I was sick!"

http://johnla2.tripod.com/

octane

octane

Well then sir, put me on the list. If you want a deposit, email me your mailing address and give me an eta on delivery. Thanks.

JamesG

Groovie...

I suppose I should put something in the classifieds...
James Greeson
GS Posse
WERA #306

octane

The Buddha

I know someone who will kill for that tail section. Now the seat part is covered over?? So we are supposed to glue a mouse pad on the carbon fiber and sit directly on it?? Well it should be fine then. Would it carry the weight of a fully grown adult ~200+ lbs.
Thanks.
Srinath.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

JamesG

oct- Yeah man, that would be cool, and email me the advertising info. I have wanted to start putting the word out when I started getting some cash flow.

srinath- yeah the seat pan is part of the tail ala; a "superbike" tailsection.
The tail's seat sits on foam attached to the seat rails so it has some natural flex and cushion.  You can do the mouse pad thing, but Lockhart Philips sells seat foam that you can use to look more "pro" and to raise the seat hight. I personally just sit on bare seat as it is easier to slide side to side to hang off.

I literally garentee that it will hold up for anyone.  I've already thrown one down the road  :oops: and except for some road rash it held up fine.
James Greeson
GS Posse
WERA #306

suzukimad

Jame`s  hope you will ship to england ;)

When you start making the tailsection

I place a order for a street one.

cheers :D
SUPERBIKES MY ARSE,MY GS IS MORE FUN..

JamesG

James Greeson
GS Posse
WERA #306

pantablo

If you're ever interested in making up a solo seat cover for over the stock seat rear portion let me know...

Like this but maybe a little more a hump or some added height (from a bandit1200):

Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

JamesG

Actually I'm working on one now.

I have a tail that didn't come out too well (  :x )  that I am chopping up to use as a prototype for a solo cover.

stay tuned!
:)
James Greeson
GS Posse
WERA #306

pantablo

that's great! Unfortunatelyfor me I'll have to assume you're doing one for the 89-00 model seats and not my 01 seat... :(

maybe we can work something out when the time comes?
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

JamesG

How about you buy me an '02 GS and I'll make a solo cover for ya.
:thumb:
James Greeson
GS Posse
WERA #306

pantablo

Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

Pam G

Quote from: JamesG
I wouldn't want to ride it all day on the highway, but it was disigned for road racing where you don't spend too much time sitting around. ;)    

Unless you are endurance racing!
Greg had one or 2 issues with the tail.
He will be contacting you sometime, unless he has already done so.
http://www.blondeambitionracing.com

2000 Triumph TT600
1981 Suzuki GS1100 dragbike
1985 Suzuki GS1150 dragbike
1990 Honda NS50
2003 Yamaha Zuma

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk