dB's projects (Page 1-10 GS500rs --- Page 10 and up SV650s)

Started by dB-tje, September 06, 2013, 06:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krav

I live in Amersfoort. Maybe ill see you at TT assen at some point, who knows :p I'll know what bike to look for!

Im looking foreward to see what you're doing for your headlight. I mean, im not really into the std. headlight myself :p
"The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something" - Aristotle

"The leg of a baby is stronger than the balls of Muhammad Ali" - Imi Lichtenfeld

dB-tje

Today i went to the dyno again for a final check, and this time i took the chance to take a video of the run.
The results were the same as the last time (45whp and 41Nm).

Now i will continue packing my bags for my hollyday to Germany (eifel).
Have a nice week guys  :thumb:

Sadly the tuner couldn't give me the exact setup of the carbs because he customized the jets and needles himself.

krsa2000

dB-tje

dB-tje

ShowBizWolf

Oooohhhh a teaser!  I like it...

Also have to say that I am in love with that dash setup and monster fairing.  Top notch  :star:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

dB-tje

Thnx man!
Here the result, i must say that i have to get used to it, but the riders position is a lot better and the bike feels al lot lighter. 

Pictures were made before adjusting the levers and mirror ;-).

Krav

That bar looks awsome! Really compliments the sportive back of your bike!
My guess is that youll get used to it sooner then you might expect. I used to but this on some of my mopeds, and im absolutely a fan of it! :)
"The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something" - Aristotle

"The leg of a baby is stronger than the balls of Muhammad Ali" - Imi Lichtenfeld

c7etu5

This is a really nice project you have going. Keep up the great posts.
How do you like the Takkoni pipe? I've been searching for a Jardine pipe for my 500F but can't find any.

Cheers,

dB-tje

Quote from: c7etu5 on September 14, 2014, 03:58:59 PM
This is a really nice project you have going. Keep up the great posts.
How do you like the Takkoni pipe? I've been searching for a Jardine pipe for my 500F but can't find any.

Cheers,

Thnx!
I realy like the tacconi, the sound is great aspecialy with a k&n open aitfilter.
Note: My tacconi is shortened 90mm.

dB-tje

Hey guys, it's been a while since the last update, and still i haven't changed anything to my bike.
The reason for this is that the bike is for sale :sad:
I hope to sell it before next Summer because i'd like to buy a sv650 to start a new project.
Still i'm thinking about switching the headlight for a MT03 model :cookoo: i think it will look a lot better than the original one, and if i may not sell the bike, i'll be happy to ride it for an other year.

Here a picture of the MT03/LSL Urban headlight:

http://www.optitune.nl/verlichting/koplampen/lampen/lsl-urban-koplamp

Jim Knopf

Quote from: dB-tje on December 25, 2014, 07:21:45 AM

The reason for this is that the bike is for sale :sad:

Servus,

how much cost the GS or would you replace it?

Replace for this One:

dB-tje

I realy love you're bikes Jim, but no thanks. The plan is to build a 2006+ SV650 to something clean and special.
I ask 2500 euro for the GS.

dB-tje

every time i walk through the garage and i see the gs i want it to be spring again... this weekend i could not resist it any longer so i took her outside for a quick check.

Still in love... and not sure if i want to sale it.

jacob92icu

This is honestly one of my favorite GS's. Looks awesome! And you fixed everything I disliked about the original GS haha.

Great work and I hope if you do sell it, the person you sell it to will respect the mods!
I am into buying bikes that people have given up on and fixing them up!

RIP Patrick Lajko, I miss you man.

dB-tje

Quote from: jacob92icu on February 07, 2015, 04:43:13 PM
This is honestly one of my favorite GS's. Looks awesome! And you fixed everything I disliked about the original GS haha.

Great work and I hope if you do sell it, the person you sell it to will respect the mods!

Thnx mate :thumb: :embarassed:

dB-tje

Last week i was at perfect dream bikes, a shop that builds custom bikes (mostly Vmax), to ask for the options there are for my seat (it was to hard and absorbed water (not handy).
The result:

And yes, I'm really happy with the result. Only have to wait for better weather so i can try the seat.

I also ordered CNC machined brake and clutch levers  :woohoo: can't wait for them to arrive.

Greetings from Holland.

matttkeller

wow one of the nicest gs's ive seen! youve done an incredible job! the tail is my favourite part, i find the stock one too wide and bulky, yours looks amazing!
'08 gs500f (naked)
'09 ninja250 (sold)

dB-tje

Quote from: matttkeller on April 04, 2015, 11:49:29 AM
wow one of the nicest gs's ive seen! youve done an incredible job! the tail is my favourite part, i find the stock one too wide and bulky, yours looks amazing!

Thanks man!
Sometimes i lose the motivation to continue with the project. Those are the moments i think about selling the bike. You guys and all you're positive reactions are the reason I'm still making improvements to the bike.
I thank you guys a lot for all the reactions!!!  :bowdown:   

I'll keep you updated (still have to find a new headlight).

Krav

Your bike keeps getting better and better!! Im very curious to see those machined handles!

Waar laat jij je handles maken? Misschien willen ze ook wel een brace voor me maken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk