News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peteGS

So... Mr Janxy... when do you pick the new steed up then??  ;)

Or are you absent because you've been too busy riding already  :D
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

peteGS

Yes indeed... lots of crickets!
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

Nah... im quiet because last week at work was BUSY!!!!!.... average weekly loads is 22.... last week I rolled out 37!! ... everyone was flat strap!!!

... still unknown on bike pickup day... checked in with them yesterday and it's "on the way from Perth"..... there is a scarcity of these bikes until mid November apparently.... mine has to get shipped 4000km/2450mi from the other side of the country!!

.... waiting waiting waiting.... got the 500 advertised for sale... not enough time or space for 2 bikes!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Janx101

That floor looks Beetlejuicily Excellent there Pete!!... really lifts the whole look of your already fantastic kitchen to a new level!

peteGS

Nearly double the loads?? That's serious busy! But good to be busy, means there's plenty of work to keep the $$ rolling in and you're not bored  :thumb:

There is definitely a lot of busy going around at the moment though, I know a lot of people at the moment who are just plain busy all the time...

Glad the new bike is at least on the way, but Perth! Long delivery trip right there  :D

We're pretty happy with the floor, came out better than I hoped which is cool and the most important thing of all is that the kitties seem impressed  :icon_mrgreen:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

.... it's possible.... that my crated bike turned up at the shop this arvo!!.. got a voicemail saying ring him asap.... but due to more busy today I didn't hear message till after hours.....

... got a day off tmw though!!!... gonna be rain in Syd apparently and not enough extra work to get our contractor trucks in!

cbrfxr67

woo hooo cant wait for the next janxy update

good times!
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

peteGS

Oh yeah!!!!  :woohoo:

Supposed to be raining up here later today too... fingers crossed it's there, you can pick it up, and the rain holds off long enough to at least get a quick ride in!!
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

Cheers lads!!... just having my morning cuppa, cig and coughing fit! ..

Oh yes .. IF it will be ready today or tmw morning... I guarantee it will be a QUICK ride!!!... bahahahaaaaa

Janx101

It's  there... it's assembled... I've signed the paperwork!!... now I just have to wait till they work thru the backlog of bikes being prepped for delivery!... 6 various units going out today!....

.... the suspense is terrible!! ...

Oh and half hour ago I completed the deal on the gs500!!... got a good price!.. young fella that bought it is stoked also!

Janx101

Yes... 3 posts in a row.... bad form for LPW I know....

Picked up the bike..... did a short 45km local ride whilst skirting the rain showers....

Ummmm ..... hmmmmm ..... I rode the GS a few days back, it was its usual charming dependable self!

.... this XSR is mis-labelled... it should be a WTF900!! .... possibly a SYP900!!  :hithead: :icon_lol: ... like riding a Grenade! ... possibly a nuclear grenade!  :woohoo:

I test rode an MT09 a few years back... 2015 maybe? ... didn't actually test ride one of these new ones... just knew what I wanted and got things going..... I'm not sure if it's my memory or bike improvements over the years.... but this one DEFINITELY feels lighter, more agile ..... and pulls like a Bull with electrified testicles!!!!!   :icon_twisted:

I haven't found out how fast it actually goes in 3rd gear yet.... or gotten out of (nanny state) B mode! ... but I had a few thousand rpm left, glanced down and was somewhat past instant licence loss territory!

I'm...... flabbergasted! ... in fact my flabber (got plenty of it) has never been quite so gasted before! ... I've had short rides on bigger bikes.... and that was Decades Ago! ... this beast might not have the outright power and speed of a supersport bike.... but the very VERY rapid delivery of its 115hp is just....  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

peteGS

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Awesome Mr Janx!!! Glad to hear your flabber is over gasted!!!!  :woohoo: :cheers: :thumb:

I've had that feeling of overwhelming power before swapping from my 450 to a mate's 1360cc Kat... it's instantaneous grin generation right there  :D :D

Hope you get some good weather this weekend to continue the enjoyment, excitement, and all 'round general flabbergasting!!!!

But be careful, keep those points and rubber side down so you can keep enjoying  ;) :laugh:

Oh, and get some pics up!!!!
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

Pics..... hmmmm .... I'm having a bit of a mental argument with Mr and Mrs Photobucket right now.....but I'll see what I can work out....

peteGS

Oh no not Photophucket!! I went Flickr... 1000 photos free and if you want more than that it's about $US60 a year for unlimited with no ads unlike Photophucket's ransomware $US400... I'm thinking of upgrading later this year as I keep getting close to the free limit.

I have a couple of pics to share though after making a fuel height gauge for my VM33 Smoothbores and a carb stand to sit them on to check the fuel level and bench sync them. These can't be vacuum sync'd.

The gauge is a bit of plastic dowel which I forced into the float bowl drain plug threads to cut the thread into it, and with a bit of rubber glued around the outside as somewhat of a seal, with some clear vinyl tubing glued in as the gauge. Almost no leaks and works like a charm!

The stand is some scrap timber to hold the temp fuel tank while holding the carbs level, also worked like a charm!

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr

Was hoping to get them reinstalled this weekend but don't think that's going to happen. Soon though! Very keen to get some nice carbs back into the Kat  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

cbrfxr67

"glanced down and was somewhat past instant licence loss territory"
-buddha

Janx101

I'm quite an avid fan of ABS, TCS & Slip/Assist Clutches right now!.. having them all chattering simultaneously is..... a bit alarming...

Fatigue, complacency and an S bend posted at 35km/20mph nearly undid me!

Zoned out a bit... started to lean left for corner entry.... focussed and realised... road position, direction of travel and speed were all "off"...

Speed maybe 65km?

Did a noob and focused eyes on centre line - got that!... then on opposite side of road - went there! ... onto the leaf litter... everything chattering by now!!!... glanced at the 3m/10ft drop ahead, thought NOPE and managed to drag my gaze back onto a slim gravel line heading back to the asphalt !! ... and followed that!!!!!!!

Only pride was damaged!

Not skill in saving myself... the safety gubbins did that... just luck I remembered to "look where I want to go" before the Drop into saplings and undergrowth!...

I'm a dumbass and ignored my own signs... didn't feel Into It, scattered thoughts, just a bit tired and was fidgety on the seat!...

Anyway.... it's a learning experience!! ... made it home safely at the end...

The little bit of wee .... washed out of my undies just fine!!

This bike is a concentration unit.... agile as heck!!... but not so forgiving as the little 500!!

ShowBizWolf

"The little bit of wee" omg LOL Janx I will always love your posts!!!

Sooooooo glad you are OK!  :kiss3:

"Look where you want to go" has helped me countless times for sure.

When Photobucket screwed us all, I switched to Imgur. It's free and I have no complaints... it's really easy to use even for a person like me who is resistant to new technology :laugh:

Pete, the kitchen looks fabulous :thumb: Amazing work!!!!
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Janx101

Thanks Ms Wolf!...

I only realised that Bucket had gone weird last week or so when I resurfaced... bastards!...

Has Imgur got a link options list like bucket had? ... cos Flickr is just one option on iPad and it will only link my link not just an image

Need a working laptop to use Flickr properly.... Gerrard!

ShowBizWolf

Bucket... it's "Bouquet!!!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Imgur sure does have link options :thumb: And thumbnail size options too!

I honestly don't know how it looks on a tablet or iPad or smart phone though... cuz I don't own any of those things... I do all my interneting on a laptop or desktop  :icon_mrgreen:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk