News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

WTB: titled, straight frame

Started by oz353, February 29, 2012, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz353

got boned big time on my bike. blown engine (in final stages of rebuild) garbage frame.

live and learn they say.  :sad:

i am in need of a straight titled frame. preferably titled in Pa. but let me know what ya have!

im gonna go cry in the corner now. bye
'92 GS500E
'89 US factory clip ons
RELOAD fork brace
Bridgestone S20R evo tires 110/70 17 140/70 17
.85 sonic springs & Bel ray fork oil
K&N Lunchbox & rejetted carbs
Vance and Hines full exhaust
Suzuki GSXR600 750 TL 1000 - REAR FOOT PEGS as found on gstwinswiki
R6 rear shock

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

oz353

'92 GS500E
'89 US factory clip ons
RELOAD fork brace
R6 rear shock

steezin_and_wheezin

i'm working on some parts bikes for this season, i'll keep ya posted
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

willi777

I've got a clean titled frame i'd be willing to part with, but i'm in NY, not sure how to ship it

Big Rich

Shipping a frame is easier than most people think. Either Fedex or UPS just requires it to be wrapped up (Saran wrap or similar) and it's less than $80 or so. Now, transferring the title to PA without both parties present may be another story.......
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

adidasguy

Boy, I am soooooo glad I'm in Washington. All I need is a signed title and a bill of sale. 5 minutes later I walk out with a registration and a license plate. The title comes in 4 to 6 weeks in the mail. No notary or anything like that required. No inspection for bikes. They don't care how long it has been since the bike was last licensed, either. A friend licensed her 1983 CB360, just bought and fixed up,  that hadn't been plated for 20 years. In and out in under 5 minutes.

Big Rich

Yes, well our local government REALLY likes to nickel and dime us.......gotta fix all these bridges somehow!

The title transfer is possible, but not as easy. And the notary agent in PA has to be in a really good mood. Technically both parties must be present, but if the seller signs the title off on a weekend and the buyer doesn't pick up the bike until NEXT weekend, then you should be OK. It's actually a huge pita.........

Oz, do you have a notary agent that you know pretty well? If so, it's obviously a good idea to talk to them about the details.

codajastal

In Queensland we just need a roadworthy and off we go to the DMV for rego and if no previous ownership receipt we just sign a stat dec there and then. easy compared to most of the states
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

Kijona

Quote from: adidasguy on March 13, 2012, 12:23:07 AM
Boy, I am soooooo glad I'm in Washington. All I need is a signed title and a bill of sale. 5 minutes later I walk out with a registration and a license plate. The title comes in 4 to 6 weeks in the mail. No notary or anything like that required. No inspection for bikes. They don't care how long it has been since the bike was last licensed, either. A friend licensed her 1983 CB360, just bought and fixed up,  that hadn't been plated for 20 years. In and out in under 5 minutes.

It's the same way here in GA. They "fixed" the title for my 97 that had an extra number in the VIN without even looking at the bike. Of course it probably helped that I had the original, "new" title along with notarized affidavit of correction, and a copy of the original MSO which had the correvt VIN.

Kijona

I would call your local T&T office (tag & title) and see what they have to say. Note that it is gov't workers so...sometimes they may not want to play ball.

mattnes17

I have an un titled frame i would give up for really cheap. *cough* *cough* *vin swap* *cough* ahem... Excuse me.

adidasguy

As we're all suffering from a bad caugh....
Does your crappy frame have a title and license plate? Is inspection required? Well,,, what I have heard of when no inspection is required, I have heard of someone just building a bike on the good frame and put the plate from the bad frame on the good frame.

BaltimoreGS

Quote from: Big Rich on March 13, 2012, 12:53:24 AM
Yes, well our local government REALLY likes to nickel and dime us.......gotta fix all these bridges somehow!

The title transfer is possible, but not as easy. And the notary agent in PA has to be in a really good mood. Technically both parties must be present, but if the seller signs the title off on a weekend and the buyer doesn't pick up the bike until NEXT weekend, then you should be OK. It's actually a huge pita.........

Oz, do you have a notary agent that you know pretty well? If so, it's obviously a good idea to talk to them about the details.

Are you sure that applies to out of state titles?  I gave a friend of mine in Pennsylvania an old Camaro with a Maryland title and never did a notarized bill of sale.  Not sure if he finagled something at his end to push the paper wok through.  But what if you buy a bike on ebay from a guy in Texas and ship it to PA???

-Jessie

Big Rich

I think it's one of those things: it may be the law, but it's not always followed to the letter. PA's notary agents are pretty cool about what can and can not slide.

On the contrast of things.......my wife bought me a small 4'*8' trailer new from Harbor Freight. I took the paper work to the agent to apply for the title and the notary didn't see any problems. A couple weeks later I got a letter from the DMV saying they needed the weight of the trailer (which is on the paperwork from HB). After calling the DMV and talking with them, they said that weight was the "pre-assembled" weight. They needed the current weight.  I said add a quarter of a pound for axle bearing grease..........

BaltimoreGS

Quote from: Big Rich on March 13, 2012, 07:17:05 PM
I said add a quarter of a pound for axle bearing grease..........

:laugh: :laugh:

oz353

hmmm. willi pm me what your lookin to get for it. im actually looking at a running bike tomorrow... its no guarantee though. he is askin 1800 im only offering 800. i already feel like a D^(k.

'92 GS500E
'89 US factory clip ons
RELOAD fork brace
R6 rear shock

willi777

Will send PM...

willi777

You can also check with AccidentalF if you can travel to NH- he's got a whole rolling chassis, and maybe a title for it- not that i don't wanna sell my frame, just another option for ya Oz.          http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=59071.0

steezin_and_wheezin

I'll be bringing home 1 titled, straight, 1996 frame this weekend. its stripped bare and primed right now. if my current parts bike frame is title-able I'll be looking to sell the 96 frame.

It will have a clean and clear title, and I will be sure the fat fingers at the dmv don't make and typo's on this one!!

PM if you are interested and I'll keep ya posted.
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk