News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

pewter GS500 keychains

Started by airbrush, November 21, 2004, 03:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airbrush

Hi everyone,

Been making some pewter keychains for myself. Just wondering if anyone out there would be interested in a GS500 one?
I've included a pic of mine so you can see the quality of it. The GS one would be like the pic below.
Setup time is fairly lengthy so i'm just puttin it out there to see if there are enough people interested in one. If so I will make some up. I figure the cost would be $10 Cdn...plus shipping and would include circle split ring for the keys...i also have the beaded chain too...if its gonna be on the bike i would suggest the split ring one...the beaded can slip apart at the connector unless you crimp it tight.

Send me some feedback and let me know. :thumb:

stickied by geek mod - jan 26 2005
jeff - 2004GS500F...custom paint by me, :)

-Maker of GS500 rear huggers/GS500 keychains - get yours

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

davipu

airbrush

Only one side can be done using the method i make them with.

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

The Buddha

Whoooohoooo as soon as I get a damn job I'll buy 1 ... Bloody hell we are begining to make those Harley dodo's look un customised ...
Yea ... want to have a Unique GS500 - Leave it all stock... yea...
Cool.
Srinath.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

callmelenny

I'd buy one.

I will also donate to a fund to buy one for Srinath, it might inspire him to get back on his feet. :lol:
Larry Boles o
'79 GS850  /-_         
______(o)>(o)
'92 Honda V45 Sabre
'98 GS 500 SOLD ...

The Buddha

Oh well if you do ... I send you some cheesy stickers ... these are not the Gstwin.com sickers ...I cut some custom reflector ones when I was in India .... and haven't gotten around to putting up pics ... but they glow in the dark... like glow a lot ... like they are radioactive ... so much so... we nick named them "radium" in India....
Cool.
Srinath.
I run a business based on other people's junk.

Blueknyt

Accelerate like your being chased, Corner like you mean it, Brake as if you life depends on it.
Ride Hard...or go home.

Its you Vs the pavement.....who wins today?

airbrush

yup...they are hot cast gravity technique. The mold making is the hardest part...sometimes i might have to make a few attempts at it before i get one that turns out well.

Just wanted to mention too...obviously its metal so it would probably mark up your handlebar mounting area a bit jangling around. Not really a concern for me...mines already marked up from the other keys i have on my current plastic keychain. If thats a concern for people i would suggest putting a piece of clear vinyl tape over that area...will keep it from gettin marked up.

Anyways, if i get around a dozen or so people interested i'll make some up.

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

Blueknyt

how do you make your molds? router? hand carve?  what matirial do you use?
Accelerate like your being chased, Corner like you mean it, Brake as if you life depends on it.
Ride Hard...or go home.

Its you Vs the pavement.....who wins today?

milo

2001 GS500 (no letter!)
Progressive springs; Kat600 shock; 15T front sprocket; Wileyco exhaust w/ Srinath flange; rear fenderectomy; Airbrush hugger; desperately in need of rejetting.

airbrush

the mold technique is a multi step process....i have a vinyl plotter which i rigged to use my dremel in...so consider it a limited pseudo router. Hand clean up is necessary after that...thats your master object....then i make a mold off of that. The mold itself then needs some modifications done to it to get a proper casting from it. Once cast, there is some clean up and filing needed, put in a oxidizing solution to blacken the metal, buffed, then the hole drilled.  Trust me...lots of trial of error figuring this stuff out :).

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

Daniely

Eh what the hell, ill take one.
-Dan

Riding: 2001 TL100R
Riding: 1989 YSR 50
(sold) 2004 Raven R1
(sold) 2002 Yam V-Star 650 Custom
(sold) 2001 CBR F4i
(Sold) 1999 CBR 600 F4
(Sold) 2001 GS500

airbrush

okay cool...looks like there's enough interest in it. I'll be starting on it tonite. Will probably take a week to get a workable mold done and ready for casting. Then i'll get a hold of you by private message and we can work out the details. :thumb:

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

Frost

wileyco, K&N pod, rejet 22.5/65/147.5, F16 flyscreen, progressive springs, 15t front sprocket...more to come: katana shock

GSRider

I'd be interested, so long as the price is right  :mrgreen:
www.esportbike.com

K&N lunchbox, Jardine ss full system, Factory Stage 3, Progressive springs, Tommaselli fully adjustable bars, Pro Grips, Bar end mirrors, LP signals, clear tail light, EBC front rotor, ss brake lines, Pirelli Sport Demons, Works rear shock

gobstopper

Count me in too, please.

That's mighty cool.
QuoteApathy is the best thing that ever happened to me.

nemesis109

Sweet  :)  I want one too. How much would 10 cdn be in american dollars? Like what $3  :lol:  j/k
mike

Happiness is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see, but only you can feel the warmth.

tdan553527

Shane
Ride her Hard, but respect her or she will dump you.
Yellow F(now All Black F), Srinath's SM Knock Off Bars, Avon AM51/52, Wileyco, Jetted, UNI, Katana Shock, 14T, GSXR Mirrors, Front and Rear signals, Federectomy, CBR Footpegs, Progressives and CBR solo tail coming soon.

Briggs

I want a belt buckle like 6" x 3".
Just kidding...
1989' GS500 - V&H Exhaust, K&N Pod, 137.5, 40, no washers
89' GSX-R rear rim, 150/60, and Katana shock

airbrush

belt buckle hey.....hmmm.....how bout a title belt instead :P

www.custom-airbrush.com
jeff@custom-airbrush.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk