Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by jake42, July 27, 2007, 02:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janx101

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Good find!!!! love the Iron Horse version!... well done HotRod!  :icon_mrgreen:

steezin_and_wheezin

Currently Madvillain pandora channel. Some days I can't stand lyrics and just want some beats in my brain
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

yamahonkawazuki

the London concert of  mark knopfler. amazing stuff guy knows how to make a guitar sing
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

cWj

At the moment , my Thinkpad's fan.

Musically: Little Dragon is pretty much on repeat in my brain when it isn't on repeat in my earphones.

ShowBizWolf

Super duper 3 year bump!!! Cuz I think it's a neat thread :icon_mrgreen:

Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Watcher

I've actually been digging Bastille a lot lately, mixed with some Tame Impala...

...  But I might que up some Tool.  I get in moods for oddball stuff but almost always revert back to progressive rock/metal.  RUSH, Yes, Tool, Mastodon, Nothing More, all staples for me.

Speaking of, here's Yes playing Roundabout with RUSH bassist Geddy Lee.  Amazing how he replicated Chris Squire's sound without using a pick!

"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

ShowBizWolf

Ben, you go for any System of a Down?
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Watcher

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on May 26, 2017, 11:35:30 PM
Ben, you go for any System of a Down?

In high school I enjoyed them, but every time I try to go back and listen to them I'm just not satisfied.
'Toxicity' had some gems though much of it has been overplayed by now.  I think 'Steal This Album!' was the most consistent.  I liked a lot of Hypnotize/Mesmerize but they both feel very stylistically fractured.  I also think they went a little heavy with the political angle, no subtlety at all.
I did get Serj Tankian's album 'Elect the Dead' but wasn't impressed.

Ever since they haven't been in any of my playlists.

-Neil Peart

ShowBizWolf

I enjoy all the early stuff from them (got into it in High School as well!) but when Hyp/Mes came out I didn't even pick up the cds... dunno why lol

rscottlow

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on May 26, 2017, 10:51:42 PM
Super duper 3 year bump!!! Cuz I think it's a neat thread :icon_mrgreen:

Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran

This is a cool thread! Maybe I'm getting old, but I listen to more talk radio than music these days so my participation will be limited. Right now I'm listening to Mike & Mike on ESPNRadio...
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

yamahonkawazuki

hehe, a semi relevant threadjack. and its google proof ;)
i will list what i listen to alot and try to figure out what kind of person i am..
theres
rio i belive by duran duran
kkenny rogers and the first edition
freddy fender 20 greatest hits
bach
beethoven (moonlight sonata parts 1 thru 3)
animusic (thank you pat/ adidasguy for that introduction :) )
tg sheppard
a lil bit of alabama
and of course jimmy buffett. ( a pirate looks at 40, as well as changes in latitudes)
thats enough for now otherwise it would grow into a monster post.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

ShowBizWolf

Rio is a great Duran Duran song... I love that whole 9 song album!!

Jimmy Buffet is very good too :cheers:

tobyd

rscottlow

Listening to my local ESPN Radio station on iHeartRadio. Lots of talk about FC Cincinnati's big win over Chicago Fire last night! I've never been much of a soccer fan, but last night's game was a great watch.

Headed to the gym after work, and I'll likely switch over to either Slipknot Radio or Blink-182 Radio on Pandora, depending on my mood when I get there.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

ShowBizWolf

Slipknot!!!  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I introduced some of my co-workers to Slipknot and Stone Sour last evening... played People = Sh*t for 'em and then Bother so they could see how awesome Corey is :icon_mrgreen:

rscottlow

Yes! I opted for slipknot radio because the gym absolutely kicked my ass today. The Subliminal Verses is my personal favorite album, and Iowa is a close second.

Listening to alkaline trio radio now, while cutting grass...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

mr72

I've been listening to the Amazon Music "All Blues" station a lot lately.

But I spend a lot of time in my [home] pub ... working... and blues really fits the vibe. I have some Pandora stations I may listen to from time to time as an alternative. I'll be happy to share them here if someone is interested. The blues and fusion ones are really worth listening to... plus the latin jazz one that's mostly mambo and a hint of salsa here and there, all fine tuned.

Watcher

-Neil Peart

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

ShowBizWolf

Listening to my cat Halupki doing her nightly meows while carrying around a toy mouse in her mouth :laugh: :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk