News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Saw a Black GS on the side of the freeway...

Started by BockinBboy, August 04, 2014, 08:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BockinBboy

It was an 89-00 with a full solo seat - I think it was Gimbel.  In Indy on 465 Friday about 7:30pm Indiana time.  Was ready to stop and help out, but there was no one around, just a lonely GS on the side next to the on ramp from 74.  Looked like a really nice bike though, pretty clean too. 

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

yamahonkawazuki

Did it have an oil cooler on it? Or was engine silver? Course trying to notice details like that, while on road isnt too safe lol
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

BockinBboy

Black engine, no oil cooler. Thanks to adidasguy's many posts about year differences, I got interested in learning them for when I need parts. And as a result, I'm pretty darn good at picking out GS500 details. Im decent for details on other sub 1000cc metrics too, especially 80s bikes, for whatever that's worth - probably just bike conversations though lmao!

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

yamahonkawazuki

If it was the original engine, that would date it 96 or older. My first 97 had the silver engine. My 96 did as well but it was a transplant
".
A proud Mormon

Kijona

Interestingly enough, the orange GS500E I once owned had the silver engine but the title stated 1998 but the bike was made in early 1997. I guess it's sort of like how my car is a 2014 but was made in late 2013. However, the GS500 was made in like February of 97. Weird!

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: Kijona on August 15, 2014, 08:36:45 PM
Interestingly enough, the orange GS500E I once owned had the silver engine but the title stated 1998 but the bike was made in early 1997. I guess it's sort of like how my car is a 2014 but was made in late 2013. However, the GS500 was made in like February of 97. Weird!
like my frontier made mar of 99. Yet titled a 2000
".
A proud Mormon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk