News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Gs 500e k-reg high spec for sale

Started by Nathcarr91, April 21, 2016, 05:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr72

Quote from: Nathcarr91 on April 08, 2018, 12:18:12 PM
I did when listing my gs for sale manage to sell it, but since that day I have regretted it. I purchased an sv650 and it was great but it wasn't my GS...

This is very interesting.

Before I bought my GS500 in 2016, which was my first ever street motorcycle, I did a ton of research about which specific bike to look for. Originally I was looking for an SV650. Actually now I wish I had bought something different instead but that's another story. Anyway, I read everything I could find on the internet about which beginner bike to get, problems with them, what people loved about them, etc. GS500E was the top of my list. The thing that put it over the top were the number of reports I read from experienced motorcyclists who had owned a GS500 and regretted selling it even after replacing it with what should have objectively been a better bike.

You don't see comments like this much on this particular forum, mostly because the people here mostly currently own a GS500 so they are not likely to lament selling it. Now that I am approaching the time to consider replacing my own GS500 this weighs on me.

Hope you find your long lost bike!

J_Walker

Quote from: Nathcarr91 on April 10, 2018, 05:28:38 AM
It's a 2000 plate, its for sake if your interested  :)

Wanna trade? I got a GS for you, heavily molested I do warn, but It's got braided lines upfront, Whole lower end is brand new. .85 sonics with a fresh rebuild of all seals in the forks under 1000 miles. Kat shock in the rear. rear brake rotor is new, front one I was gonna replace but ran into some "got the wrong part" issues.

The only issue is it eats oil, Part piston rings, part valve seals I suspect. I probably put 200ML oil every 150 miles now. lol
-Walker

Nathcarr91

Quote from: mr72 on April 10, 2018, 06:18:03 AM
Quote from: Nathcarr91 on April 08, 2018, 12:18:12 PM
I did when listing my gs for sale manage to sell it, but since that day I have regretted it. I purchased an sv650 and it was great but it wasn't my GS...

You don't see comments like this much on this particular forum, mostly because the people here mostly currently own a GS500 so they are not likely to lament selling it. Now that I am approaching the time to consider replacing my own GS500 this weighs on me.

Hope you find your long lost bike!

Thanks for your reply.
The best advise I can give is of you are doubting wether to change to something else, then you need to keep the gs.

I spent a year and a half making mine how I wanted it then another years on the road and enjoyed every second of it on the road. Just wish I hadn't been so hasty to want a so called "better bike" when I had the perfect bike already. Now I realise I just wanted more power, but after a year with the sv realised that power isnt everything. My Gs put a smile on my face every time I started it and every time I road it.

Definitely keep hold my friend

mr72

Yeah I got mad at my GS earlier this week and searched CL for a Ducati in a moment of weakness.

Then I regained my senses after another day or two and a few more miles ridden.

I think it's time for me to upgrade the springs and get a new rear tire for the GS. Then maybe consider a Duc as an additional bike but not as a replacement. I don't want to regret selling it as others have. Maybe if I buy an additional bike and find I don't ride the GS for a year I might consider selling it.

cbrfxr67

nath I missed this post when you first posted it.  that was a sweet looking bike,...just my .02
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Nathcarr91

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on June 15, 2018, 11:11:03 AM
nath I missed this post when you first posted it.  that was a sweet looking bike,...just my .02

Thanks man, it's great to recieve feedback like that, it's by far the best bike I have had cost me £400 originally but then about 800+ to get it the way it was. But I didn't mind because it was perfect.... Constantly kicking myself about loosing it. I hope I can find it somewhere.

At least I know it's not been scrapped, but hasn't been mot or tax'd since 2016. My fear is its been broken for parts or worse, sitting neglected and rotting

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk