News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

WTB GOOD Connecting rod

Started by J_Walker, November 05, 2017, 04:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Walker

does anyone have a spare connecting rod laying around? I'm only looking for one. Shipping is too Florida, should fit just fine in a flat rate box. if I don't hear anything within a week from this post, I'll figure something else out, and this post is dead.
-Walker

cbrfxr67

i think i have one in the basket case,...i'll check tonight after work
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

J_Walker

awesome looking forward to hearing about it. if you got more the one laying around. I'd prefer one with a number 1 etched into the side. but I bought a bearing size for a number 2 too, so its not too much of a big deal.
-Walker

cbrfxr67

Found pistons,...but,.....they were for some other engine.:icon_neutral: I thought I had some but I must've gave them away already.

Failed you j
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

J_Walker

RIP. failed me indeed.  :laugh:

I wonder if the GS450 rods work in the 500.. there's a pair of 500's on ebay, but I only need 1, and why it cost 12+ dollars to ship two connecting rods is beyond me... why is ebay's shipping always so friggin high?
-Walker

Aircooledrules

If $12 is to expensive to ship 2 connecting rods then you need to pick a new hobby.

What's $12 once you factor in your time spent, gas to the post office/back, packing material, tape and actual shipping.

I shipped a GF500F side fairing to someone in the US last month. I charged $40 shipping. When I actually went to the post office it was double that. I live in Vancouver Canada.  I had to drive to Washington state to ship it and it cost $37.

Moral of the story is, I ship a lot of stuff and loose money on shipping all day long because for some strange reason people seem to think shipping is free.

$12 is extremely reasonable.

J_Walker

Quote from: Aircooledrules on November 08, 2017, 12:09:03 PM
If $12 is to expensive to ship 2 connecting rods then you need to pick a new hobby.

What's $12 once you factor in your time spent, gas to the post office/back, packing material, tape and actual shipping.

I shipped a GF500F side fairing to someone in the US last month. I charged $40 shipping. When I actually went to the post office it was double that. I live in Vancouver Canada.  I had to drive to Washington state to ship it and it cost $37.

Moral of the story is, I ship a lot of stuff and loose money on shipping all day long because for some strange reason people seem to think shipping is free.

$12 is extremely reasonable.

Flat rate box that fits both connecting rods, with a weight max of 40lbs is 6 dollars, I shipped a front fairing from the GS500F, for $17 and some change. what ever the post office charged to ship it.

there's no reason shipping should be 12 dollars for two small items. factor your travel expenses into the price of the item, and not call it "postage"
-Walker

Aircooledrules

If you want me to dump 2 rods in a box and ship it out with out bubble wrapping and securing the items because you want to save $5 then good luck with those parts. 

If the person was charging $40 I would move on and try to find someone cheaper. For $12 I'm not sure why you are even thinking twice. 

J_Walker

Quote from: Aircooledrules on November 08, 2017, 12:31:22 PM
If you want me to dump 2 rods in a box and ship it out with out bubble wrapping and securing the items because you want to save $5 then good luck with those parts. 

If the person was charging $40 I would move on and try to find someone cheaper. For $12 I'm not sure why you are even thinking twice.

if you manage to damage 2 connecting rods in a small box. then they probably where already fk'd to begin with.. no way you're gonna fk em up in a box, and whats wrong you too cheap to afford balled up news paper?
-Walker

Aircooledrules

Holy shaZam! am I glad  I'm not a GS500 rider if this is the general attitude of the bunch

Joolstacho

Sorry J_Walker... what planet are you living on?
There's fellers here only too willing to help you out with parts, yet you're whingeing about a few bucks postage!
I send (guitar stuff) all over the World at postage post price, but then I spend a HEAP of time trying to pack it all securely and then getting it to the post office.
My packaging time doesn't even come close to covering the costs. I do it 'cos I'm a fabulous chap  :thumb: :kiss3: :icon_mrgreen:
And we get people whingeing about shipping costs.   :cry:
Beam me up Scottie....

J_Walker

Quote from: Aircooledrules on November 08, 2017, 06:36:18 PM
Holy shaZam! am I glad  I'm not a GS500 rider if this is the general attitude of the bunch

Then F-ck right off. you're like a dumb dog that keeps getting kicked, but coming right back with a wagging tail. learn your place already.

Quote from: Joolstacho on November 09, 2017, 12:38:44 AM
Sorry J_Walker... what planet are you living on?
There's fellers here only too willing to help you out with parts, yet you're whingeing about a few bucks postage!
I send (guitar stuff) all over the World at postage post price, but then I spend a HEAP of time trying to pack it all securely and then getting it to the post office.
My packaging time doesn't even come close to covering the costs. I do it 'cos I'm a fabulous chap  :thumb: :kiss3: :icon_mrgreen:
And we get people whingeing about shipping costs.   :cry:

where in HIS post had he ever said he even had a part? No he went on a started bitching about me talking about EBAY shipping prices. He's is not, or was not EVER going to help, just being a d!ck for no damn reason.
-Walker

Aircooledrules

You cannot pose a question and then get upset when everyone doesn't agree with you.  This isn't kindergarten.

Janx101

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk