News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

When everything is going your way...

Started by Watcher, April 23, 2017, 07:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Watcher

... SOMETHING has to go wrong.

Call it fate, balance, bad luck, whatever, a substantial amount of good can't exist on its own, apparently.

New job, new home, new bike (and a beautiful one at that), and then...

I feel bad for the unidentified insect that I obliterated when I hit it going 90+mph on the interstate...

Wait, no I don't, that bastard chipped the paint on my new Ducati!  :technical:

Cleaned it off and used clear nail-polished to seal the chip.  That's about as good as I can do.

Seeing as it's ME that now owns this Ducati, it's less of a show piece and more of a work horse, so it is going to get blemished.  That being said, it's by far the nicest motorcycle I've ever owned, potentially the nicest ANYTHING I've ever owned, and I've had it less than a MONTH!
I feel cheated.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

rscottlow

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. I guess it could always be worse, but that's a real bummer  :icon_sad:
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

qcbaker

Damn, that really sucks... :/ Must've been a HUGE beetle to chip the paint and leave a stain that big. June bug or something?

X-ray

Titan beetle perhaps? Seriously though glad you're okay. Hitting anything at that speed could have been disastrous.

The reflection of your handlebars threw me off. I thought you hit a VW beetle and we're being funny. That's  impressive that an actual insect  did that.
'93 gs500 w/ Red Oxide primer paint job. Hasn't been on the road in years but wrenching on it is my escape.

dominickbuff

if its a stock color cant you buy touch up paint? it might not b perfect but it will be better than it is now

Watcher

Most likely it was a Palo Verde beetle, considering the severity, the amount of the gore (it splattered onto my knee, too), and the area I was riding.

I can probably buy touch-up paint, but knowing Ducati it's probably only available at the dealer and probably some outrageous amount of money, lol!  I'm going to look into it.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

dominickbuff

kk let me know how the journey for paint goes lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk