News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

FS: Stainless Steel chain guards - NOW SHIPPING!

Started by adidasguy, November 04, 2011, 01:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adidasguy

05/16/2013: I have another 20 in stock

They're here!
Nice, thick stainless steel. This is the raw material - you can buff it to a high gloss, rub it for a dull finish, run over it with 400 grit for a matt finish or leave as is.
The stainless steel is high grade - the same grade as used for stuff you eat off of.
These are the same height as stock so those with Airbrush's rear hugger: just drill your two holes and you're ready to go. The fit is the same (I have his huggers on all my bikes so I made sure of that  :icon_lol: )

(You may see it on ebay - I charge more on ebay. GStwin'rs get it cheaper here!)

$30 +$15 p&h, $25 p&h to Canada. Outside North America $35 postage. Multiple orders get discount on shipping.

You may pat through my paypal:    patrickpaypal   at   cdesoftware    dot     com

Include your address and what it is for in your paypal payment.

BaltimoreGS

Let me know when you finalize the price, Kay and I may be interested.  Thanks   :thumb:

-Jessie

adidasguy

My friend in the bowling business that makes automatic scoring systems. He was going to make rear seat cowlings last year - but no one showed any interest.

I know people are interested in the chain guards because of the comments I've had on mine. So I know these should sellout fast.

I just spoke with him before I made the first posting. He's finishing the final drawing now. Once I approve the  design,  I'll also have exact cost and can take orders. He will make an initial run of 10 (more if enough orders). I'm hoping next week I'll have 10 in hand.

steezin_and_wheezin

if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

adidasguy

Right now.
I MIGHT have him do a few with black powder since Suzi has a black frame.
What were you interested in?

steezin_and_wheezin

just wondering right now, will probably get a polished one. i have the black "GS" one, but wouldn't mind having one that had the full "gs500" on it
if yer binders ain't squeakin, you ain't tweakin!

adidasguy

As bare stainless steel, it would take paint very well. I'll ask about powder when I approve the design next week.

Tombstones81

THE man!
I am Def. interested in one!
unpainted tho  :thumb:
94 GS500
01 Engine
Personally repainted!  (Traded)

87 Honda VF700C Magna
(Super Magna)

BaltimoreGS

I assume bare would be cheaper, right?

adidasguy

Right. They will be clean, bare stainless steel. I will have to ask the price for powder coating.
You can polish or dull to suit your needs. Paint of you want or just clear coat so it stays cleaner.

weedahoe

powder coating aluminium isnt hard. clean it and heat it up to 400 to let it outgas first and then hit it with the powder and cook it.
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

adidasguy

I know its easy. Just how much he would charge to do it. Better if 10 were coated at the same time. Setup is the time - get out gun, powder, etc.
Its just what he'd charge to add that on. If he was doing some other work in black, then probably not much at all because he'd already be set up for it.
I have a powder coat system - haven't used it yet. One of the new toys for the bike cave I haven't used yet. I might try a set of OEM clip-ons and see how they come out. Got Katana front end parts I could experiment on.

weedahoe

I just bought 2lbs of high gloss black for about $14 two weeks ago
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

tialloydragon

Count me in whenever these become available.
Life is Full of Little Victories and Huge Defeats

cobalta70

I would be interested in one of these.

knowles

I would be interested in one also? Shipping cost to Minnesota? Would like a powder coat.
1989 GS 500EK

mitch79

I'm interested :) Any chance you'd post to Australia?
2006 GS500F

lucky4034

I would be interested as well.... preferably powder coated depending on what the prices would be.
Own:
'09 Suzuki GS500F
'05 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Hope to own one day:
'11 Honda CBR600RR
'87-'92  Yamaha YSR50
'90-'93 CBR 250RR
...and counting

25knots

I'm definitely interested, but I'll wait to purchase it with the belly pan that I'll inevitably be buying from so you can combine shipping.
He said that most men are in this life like the carpenter, whose work went so slowly from the dullness of his tools that he had not the time to sharpen them.

weedahoe

I would be interested also. Took me a while to decide ifi like and i think i do.  :D
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders