News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

GStwins.com t-shirt

Started by oramac, June 25, 2007, 01:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would anyone be interested in creating a GStwins.com shirt?

Hell yeah, put me down for a dozen!
10 (11.2%)
I'd buy one!
67 (75.3%)
Meh...my shirt drawer's gettin' full.
6 (6.7%)
Whattaya crazy, It's bad enough I ride one, let alone advertise!
6 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 89

oramac

So, I wondered about creating a t-shirt for our website.  Anyone interested?  How do I get permission to use the website name?  Just an idea.  Input?  :dunno_white:

Edit: Here's the address to get your goodies (so you don't have to wade through pages!) : http://www.cafepress.com/gstwin
Something is wrong with my twin...all of a sudden it's V shaped!  Wait, no, now it's a triple!  ...and I IZ NOT a postwhore!

darb85

Probably talk to Kerry.  I believe he owns the rights to the name, but arent there already shirts out there?
2000 GS500E
K&N Drop in, Custom Turn signals, Kat Rear Shock, Pirreli Sport Demons, Woodcraft Rearsets. Kat Front Forks, Race tech .90, 14t

scratch

Kerry is not the site owner, John is.  John is the person that you might ask that question, he is very busy and currently rare, but visits offline from time to time.  We'll have to be patient.
The motorcycle is no longer the hobby, the skill has become the hobby.

Power does not compare to skill.  What good is power without the skill to use it?

QuoteOriginally posted by Wintermute on BayAreaRidersForum.com
good judgement trumps good skills every time.

frankieG

liberal camerican
living in beautiful new port richey florida
i have a beautiful gf(not anymore)
former navy bubble head (JD is our patran saint)

ohgood

Logo competition with the spoils being a dozen shirts ? :thumb:

tt_four: "and believe me, BMW motorcycles are 50% metal, rubber and plastic, and 50% useless

manofthefield

It would be nice to see this actually happen

My idea:
This printed on left breast

and the outline of your choice of an E or F on the back... or outlines of an E and an F facing each other or something
(I'll leave the actual image to someone who can do it in pshop or something)
Then print GStwin.com or a simple slogan underneath.

Everything in one color to keep prices down.
motorcycleless
1998 GS500E sold 6/20/11

genEricStL

Ya forgot the "s" at the end MotF (EDIT - the homepage doesn't have an S does it hehe) ... i like your ideas though . The local Streefighterz have a silhouette (sp?) of one of them doing a high-chair wheelie and it always make me think that someone should make shirts for all the different bikes like that .
I'd definately take a couple .. hell , make 'em in smaller sizes and my 3yo will wear it - she LOVES motorcycles  :kiss3:

Dan02GS

Cool count me in! I think it is a great idea :thumb:
Move swiftly but safely

damiencovington

Later,
Damien

Unnamed

I'd love to have one. I thought about doing this before but my life isn't really stable enough for me to organize it now. If we could whip up a design you'd just have to get a quoted price per shirt then let us know how it'll work out. When I thought about this a while ago I thought it would be nice to charge an extra buck or two and donate those proceeds to the site.

I really like the silhouette idea, something simple and not too colorful. A lot of the motorcycle shirts I see are colorful and really busy, and they mostly end up looking tacky.
1996 Black GS, stock except for where previous owner broke things
Visit the GS500 Wiki!!!

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't

Wrecent_Wryder

Might want to check out that cafepress.com site...  make up a logo and text, and they'll make it available on mugs, t-shirts, sweatshirts, totes, etc. pretty automatically. You don't make much off the sales, but they handle everything.
"On hiatus" in reaction to out-of-control moderators, thread censorship and member bans, 7/31/07.
Your cure is worse than the disease.
Remember, no one HAS to contribute here.

blue05twin

Let me know when they become available I'll buy a few.
Pilot 22.5, Mid 65 , Mains 147.5, Mixture screw 3.5 turns out

Even if the voices aren't real they have some good ideas.

manofthefield

Cafepress is very convenient, nice and easy to use, plus no one has to really be in charge of ordering and maintaining an inventory.  But the last time I ordered a shirt from them I wasn't thrilled with the quality of the graphic.  I don't know exactly how to describe it but it faded or let the t-shirt fuzzies through the graphic making it look a bit fade.  Then again, they may have improved their process since I got that shirt a year or two ago.  Just something to think about.

edit:  Cafepress may be a good way to get things rolling though, as every GStwin t-shirt attempt in the past has fizzled
motorcycleless
1998 GS500E sold 6/20/11

nastynate6695

what the hell...ill wear one....just dont make the silouhette something stupid.  like a gs doing a wheelie or anyhthing that it wouldnt normally do.

Jay_wolf

Well the handling is the great part of the GS , so maybe one Knee Down?
Id buy One  :thumb:
2001 Gs500 , Katana Gsx Front End, K3 Tank,, Full S S Predetor System ,Bandit Rear Hugger,Goodridge S S Break Lines ,  Belly Pan , , K+N LunchBox, Probolt Bolts, FSD Undertray With Built in Lights And Indicators. 
2008 Megelli 125 SM 14bhp
1996 Honda NSR 125cc 33bhp
2001 Mercades A160  115bhp

dgyver

I would be willing to buy a few only if proceeds help support this site.... plus as long as they are not squidly.... but I could always use another shirt to wrench in.
Common sense in not very common.

jazerr

If anyone likes this idea, I can work out a bunch like it (different angles, etc) and folks can vote? also I can do higher res, b&w, etc...
::: '01 E ::: Lunchbox ::: Salami Sandwich ::: Broussard's Ignition Advancer ::: 20/62.5/142.5/2w/3 ::: Progressives w/1" spacers ::: homemade fenderectomy ::: F-16 tour shield w/a nice rash ::: One crash :::

GSTwin Shirts.

genEricStL

Then we need one with a dual-headlight mod .

Oh , and one each with an f15 & f16 windsheild , one with a Buell flyscreen , one with a chopped tail ...  :icon_mrgreen:

Oh yeah , we need one for Jim's Eightball   :o (hell , actually  i'd probably buy this one instead lol)

NiceGuysFinishLast

I like it, but keep it simple, all black/white.. none of this color accent ish... my $.02
irc.freequest.net

#GStwins gs500

Hang out there, we may flame, but we don't hate.

My attitude is in serious need of readjustment, and I'm ok with that.

jazerr

the accents were fotoshop. I'm working on a better one now.
::: '01 E ::: Lunchbox ::: Salami Sandwich ::: Broussard's Ignition Advancer ::: 20/62.5/142.5/2w/3 ::: Progressives w/1" spacers ::: homemade fenderectomy ::: F-16 tour shield w/a nice rash ::: One crash :::

GSTwin Shirts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk