News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShowBizWolf

Awesome pic yama! Takes me back to when I was working on my fine arts degree... I love the subject matter too :angel: :thumb:

Pete, I can't wait to see how that cowl turns out!!!
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

yamahonkawazuki

One of those moments where the urge to sketch took over and couldn't put it down until that point.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

peteGS

Hopefully I don't disappoint!!  :oops:

Got the body filler all done and sanded yesterday. Right side there's more than shows up in the pic, lots of little holes and low spots here and there.

Left side I had to do the same plus fix the shape of two of the patches. Seems I sanded the little curved one on top a bit much, whereas the concave one at the rear seems to have lost some line definition in the moulding. Both of those feel symmetrical to the right side now.

Next up is blade putty and a guide coat, then ready for primer. Primer will be a while away yet, won't get primer and paint until January at least. At least I should be getting the tank at the same time. That will at least give me time to finish the prep work on the rest of the bodywork.

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

Electrojake

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on December 03, 2017, 06:58:36 AM

The entire GST community is waiting on the final unveiling.  :woohoo:
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Quote from: Electrojake on December 03, 2017, 10:22:13 PM
Quote from: ShowBizWolf on December 03, 2017, 06:58:36 AM

The entire GST community is waiting on the final unveiling.  :woohoo:

No pressure right?  :oops: :cool: :icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen:

I can't either actually... may not get back to the blade putty until the weekend though, other things are taking my evenings up at present but that's ok, like I said I can't get the paint and primer until at least January so there's no specific rush although I would like to have all the items I have prep'd ready for when I can get it.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

it will be amazing when it happens. and january really isnt that far away. youll have her ready  when youre ready. and we will be here for it :)
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

True, early December already... and I'm working through Christmas so the only extra time I'll get is a little bit of public holiday time, but that usually doesn't end up in a lot of bike time over this time of year, so the time before I get to purchase the tank should pretty much fly by.

Going to take my lower crankcase down to a mate's place tomorrow night to drill and tap to fix the broken post for the cam chain guide holder, so if I get to the point of being able to paint the crankcases I can get that done too.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

time to delve into the belly of the beast :)
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Electrojake

I have plenty of time to wait for the peteGS Kat project. No hurry here.  :D
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

yamahonkawazuki

i wonoder what is next after  the kitkat, that one set the bar quite high :) and rightfully so
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Electrojake

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on December 05, 2017, 09:50:30 PM
i wonoder what is next after  the kitkat, that one set the bar quite high :) and rightfully so
Aaron
Nice!
He didnt close-out the current project and we're already talking about what he should do for his next project.  :D 

yamahonkawazuki

not just him. but the community as a whole ;)
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Next? By rights it should be a refresh of the 450... which is commonly known as the wee beastie in the local Kat community here.

She needs some TLC after rushing the end of the rebuild and not getting the cosmetic lovin' she deserves in recent years. All the little bits I either didn't do due to rushing or didn't think about or pay attention to as my first ever project are starting to show either their age or that they were missed.

At the moment I'm thinking GS500 motor with the 450 head, rear sets (keep the stock GS500 shift pattern too), tidy up the headlight and headlight mounts, and at least a different front caliper, maybe different front end. If I end up tearing it down completely I'll likely get the frame powder coated as well.

That will all be at least 6 months after the Kat is done because I'd need to have everything ready to go before taking her off the road. I really don't want to be commuting on the Kat for any more than a couple of weeks and I'd be nervous enough about that!

Then after that? I still have the little 1980 YB-100 sitting out the back...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

All planning for the future. Methinks the big cat will be its centerpiece
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Ducked down to a mate's last night and got some drilling and tapping done, so the cam chain guide holder that bolts to the lower crankcase can now be installed properly. The original one was smashed and one of the posts cast into the lower crankcase was broken off, so that's now all sorted  :thumb:

No pic yet... but another small step forward has been taken  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

to quote a moonwalker " Thats one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Electrojake

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on December 07, 2017, 12:40:00 PM
to quote a moonwalker " Thats one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"
Aaron

Yeah, she ran a little lean in that atmosphere but there are indeed single-track tire prints on the moon.

Just saying,  :thumb:
-Ej-

yamahonkawazuki

Imagine in the far future, some person will be the first to set foot on uranus Lol
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk