News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

New Rider in South Dakota

Started by amandajayne, June 12, 2017, 08:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amandajayne

Hi everyone!

I'm currently in the Air Force stationed up in South Dakota...since everyone around here seems to ride motorcycles I decided to join and got my license last month. I bought a used 2009 GS500F and it's been running funky so I tore it apart and attempted to clean the carbs this past weekend. Found multiple screws missing and stripped, so I'm sure I'll be on these forums quite a bit!

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

ShowBizWolf

Yes, welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike purchase! :cheers:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

amandajayne

Thank you for the welcome!
I am so close to putting the bike back together but I cannot figure out where this goes..
http://imgur.com/a/vsEMu

I feel like it's super simple but its stumped me.
Any help would be amazing! I'm ready to ride again!

Big Rich

Not an owner of a GS500, but I'm pretty sure that's part of the Pair / emissions system (but somebody else will know for sure soon).

Air Force in SD? My dad was in the Air Force, and was stationed in Black Hills back in the late 70's (where my brother was born as a matter of fact!). So thank you for your service!
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

yamahonkawazuki

Yes my friiend, thank you for your service. and as i always say, welcome to ze nuthaus lol
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk